Author Topic: Where can I blow up a picture to the size of an oak tag to use on the podium?  (Read 3401 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I have two pictures which I would like to blow up to around the size as an oak tag or even paste it against an oak tag and use it on a podium.
   Or simple I want to blow up a picture to a nice size to be able to hang up on a wall where all can see.
  I can use staples but I know they charge an arm and a leg to do such a thing just asking if anyone knows of another place for a decent price where I can blow up a picture or transfer a picture onto a nice hard cardboard?
   Specifically somewhere in Flatbush, thanks.
 Would need it before Shabbos if that should make a difference.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Walgreens etc?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
I have two pictures which I would like to blow up to around the size as an oak tag or even paste it against an oak tag and use it on a podium.
   Or simple I want to blow up a picture to a nice size to be able to hang up on a wall where all can see.
  I can use staples but I know they charge an arm and a leg to do such a thing just asking if anyone knows of another place for a decent price where I can blow up a picture or transfer a picture onto a nice hard cardboard?
   Specifically somewhere in Flatbush, thanks.
 Would need it before Shabbos if that should make a difference.
i dont know pricing but i know that bp graphics in lakewood does these thing and than you can have it sent to brooklyn maybe
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline myi

• View Profile
  Someone send me a picture to print for him, so I went ahead and uploaded it online to be able to print it but instead I got the error message that the quality of the picture is really low, the text seems to be fine but the actual picture which is a picture of a set of shas seems to be really low Megapixels , trying to find a decent picture of a set of shas in a nice high resolution but can't seem to find any, last option would be to take a picture of a set of shas and use that, but then again I'm not near any set of shas which I can take a picture of, maybe a dear ddfer is around one or happens to know where to get a picture of a shas which they can email or pm a picture.
 Thanks alot.
 (trying to use it for a sign for a siyam hashas)
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online aygart

• View Profile
From Google image search

2790x1260

2287x1616

Offline myi

• View Profile
From Google image search

2790x1260

2287x1616

lol I have the same picture as the 2nd one in horrible pixels.
  Thanks a lot.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
From Google image search
It’s a lot easier to type up a whole long message then to try googling ;)

Offline myi

• View Profile
It’s a lot easier to type up a whole long message then to try googling ;)
Believe it or not I did a quick Google search after going to the first and second page I gave up already, the quality of those pictures were horrible so I went on to eichlers.com hoping I would find the nice picture of a set of shas they're selling but had no luck either.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Believe it or not I did a quick Google search after going to the first and second page I gave up already, the quality of those pictures were horrible so I went on to eichlers.com hoping I would find the nice picture of a set of shas they're selling but had no luck either.
Pro tip:
Google has a Search Tools feature / filter, where you can select Image Size as Large.

The first image @aygart linked to is the first google image result when I searched Shas and did that Large filter.

Anyways, we learn new things every day. And you allowed @aygart to get Mitzvah credits too  :)

Offline myi

• View Profile
Pro tip:
Google has a Search Tools feature / filter, where you can select Image Size as Large.

The first image @aygart linked to is the first google image result when I searched Shas and did that Large filter.

Anyways, we learn new things every day. And you allowed @aygart to get Mitzvah credits too  :)
Yup we sure do learn new things everyday, I appreciate that tip, now I know what to do next time I need to search for a picture with decent resolution.

Never paid attention to that option to search by image size going to take a look right now. Thanks

Offline myi

• View Profile
Pro tip:

what were your keywords when searching for the gemara Shas?

Online aygart

• View Profile
what were your keywords when searching for the gemara Shas?
I used shas set since shas have pictures of the Israeli political party. I also used Talmud set

Offline myi

• View Profile
Lastly I just realized my picture is square if  I want to use the picture for an 18 x 24 poster, assuming my best option is to put it on an 18 by 24 poster and just cut the bottom half?
  I would assume by stretching the picture that long will kill the whole picture?
 Or have the picture edited where It can be used for such a length?

Offline myi

• View Profile
I used shas set since shas have pictures of the Israeli political party. I also used Talmud set
Pro tip:

wow very cool I have to say enjoyed playing around now for 5 minutes.

Offline myi

• View Profile
I sent this picture of the shas in the higher quality resolution to be replaced with the lower one he used on his original picture that way I can try to upload it and reprint it, don't know what he's doing some how after him editing the picture and placing it instead of the old picture he seemed to kill the resolution on it, not exactly sure what he did if all he did is pasting this picture on top of the old one, is he suppose to save the file to a specific name (meaning jpg,png?) or that makes no difference?

Online aygart

• View Profile
I sent this picture of the shas in the higher quality resolution to be replaced with the lower one he used on his original picture that way I can try to upload it and reprint it, don't know what he's doing some how after him editing the picture and placing it instead of the old picture he seemed to kill the resolution on it, not exactly sure what he did if all he did is pasting this picture on top of the old one, is he suppose to save the file to a specific name (meaning jpg,png?) or that makes no difference?
He needs to save it at higher resolution

Offline myi

• View Profile
He needs to save it at higher resolution
How would one save it as a higher resolution than what the actual picture is?

Online aygart

• View Profile
How would one save it as a higher resolution than what the actual picture is?
Maybe I am confused with what is happening.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Maybe I am confused with what is happening.
The first picture resolution was horrible so I told him to swap the picture with the better resolution picture after saving it and editing it to replace the picture with the new picture he killed the whole resolution as well don't know how he did that.

So now was asking what's the best way to save the file after attaching the new picture with the better resolution?

Online aygart

• View Profile
The first picture resolution was horrible so I told him to swap the picture with the better resolution picture after saving it and editing it to replace the picture with the new picture he killed the whole resolution as well don't know how he did that.

So now was asking what's the best way to save the file after attaching the new picture with the better resolution?

That means that when he saved it after he changed the pic he saved it at a lower respolution