Author Topic: Polish Govt Denies Complicity in Holocaust Criminalizes saying Polish Death Camp  (Read 11931 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Should have stopped after H. Don't understand the second part.
They criminalized using the words "polish death camp"
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Polish Holocaust Denial
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
Which article? The bottom line is its holocaust denial. Its whitewashing history which is denial of the truth and facts. All that is, is another form of the holocaust denial virus.
This article. I respect your view but no where does it say they deny the H.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43102226
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
Because the article doesnt say it, does not mean what they are saying and doing is not a form of denial. I really dont think you appreciate it.

Besides it being offensive, its a form of revisionist history, which is denial of facts. Denial that their countrymen were complicit with the occupying Germans and even after the war committed atrocities when the survivors came home.

So technically there were no Polish death camps. But the Germans knew where they could get away with building them.

Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Is it terrible if I hear where the guy is coming from on the point that Jews were complicate as much as many poles were.

The Nazis came in and took power. Many Poles told on Jews which lead to their deaths and many Jews did the same. Many Jews beat other Jews as well. These were dark times and I can't even begin to understand what it was like. 

From an outsiders perspective I can see how the Gestapo were very similar to most things the Poles did.

I strongly disagree with this and think it's different when one group of people are being targeted and murdered and acting in self preservation while the other brutally and often gleefully killed or lead to the killing of Jews.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Is it terrible if I hear where the guy is coming from on the point that Jews were complicate as much as many poles were.

The Nazis came in and took power. Many Poles told on Jews which lead to their deaths and many Jews did the same. Many Jews beat other Jews as well. These were dark times and I can't even begin to understand what it was like. 

From an outsiders perspective I can see how the Gestapo were very similar to most things the Poles did.

I strongly disagree with this and think it's different when one group of people are being targeted and murdered and acting in self preservation while the other brutally and often gleefully killed or lead to the killing of Jews.
You ,ay want to reword this. I am having a hard time figuring out your point.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
You ,ay want to reword this. I am having a hard time figuring out your point.
I think he's saying the few Jews who were part of the Judenraat were complicit as well. Therefore what was said was in fact true. So we cant blame them for their acts because we had a few who did it too.

Classic "Whataboutism". See every comment that equates this to Israeli govt behavior.

Offline aygart

• View Profile

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Its not Friday, but...

Why are we supporting the Polish economy at all?

Can't we ask that of other countries as well?
I always feel like that when people visit the Ukraine for instance. 
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile

Can't we ask that of other countries as well?
I always feel like that when people visit the Ukraine for instance.
We absolutely could. Except the biggest Jewish event in Poland, Lizhensk, is less than 3 weeks away and this is still evolving.

I personally have an issue because my son's yeshiva, along with many others in EY are all planning trips for the boys over the next few weeks as well.

My personal protest over the years has been that I never sleep overnight in Poland. Even if I am going to Lizhensk, I wont support their economy. 

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
Is going to Auschwitz supporting the Polish economy? It was one of the most moving experiences I ever had.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
Is going to Auschwitz supporting the Polish economy? It was one of the most moving experiences I ever had.
Your experience notwithstanding I agree in principle with this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/14/opinion/israel-poland-holocaust-auschwitz.html

My Grandmother, who died 5 weeks ago at age 97, was a survivor of Auschwitz. I have always had a fascination with it, but have never had an opportunity to visit. She would not speak of it. So I guess my fascination was more on the unknown. I am now seriously rethinking if I ever want to visit.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
Your experience notwithstanding I agree in principle with this:
You can read about these things all you want. It does not do it justice. My daughter was like why are going there? She didn't ask that when we were done.

How long are we going to hold those responsible for something they had nothing to do with because those before them committed these horrific acts?

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime

You can read about these things all you want. It does not do it justice. My daughter was like why are going there? She didn't ask that when we were done.

Does she know about your secret Judaism?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
Does she know about your secret Judaism?
She was amazed I know some things when the driver was asking questions. She was like Dad you are a sports guy.  :)

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile

How long are we going to hold those responsible for something they had nothing to do with because those before them committed these horrific acts?
"Jesus killers" sound familiar? We are 2000+ years later and they still havent fixed that falsehood. We are talking about truths here. And they still havent comes to grips with them.

Offline aygart

• View Profile

By them denying and criminalizing speaking of it they are complicit themselves.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
"Jesus killers" sound familiar? We are 2000+ years later and they still havent fixed that falsehood.
Save that for Friday. Are you aware some would make the same argument that you are making here? No even if there was a thread on it I wouldn't engage in it.  :)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
By them denying and criminalizing speaking of it they are complicit themselves.
Going to have to respectfully disagree on the denying part. That was what confused me with the original title.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
Going to have to respectfully disagree on the denying part. That was what confused me with the original title.
I didn't mean denying the holocaust. Even denying the part their people played in it makes them complicit. At this point I would be much quicker to support the German economy than th Polish. They have taken resposibility for it and the polish are not.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
Save that for Friday. Are you aware some would make the same argument that you are making here? No even if there was a thread on it I wouldn't engage in it.  :)
Today is the day for that. Or maybe next month on Sunday.