Topic Wiki

Shabbos options
La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin 20 feet away from shul(in the same parking lot!) YI  AISH

chabad suites(only 3 available book early)
http://www.chabadlv.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/1578011/jewish/Chabad-Suites.htm

KOSHER DINING
Adar Pizza
Dairy & Fish Restaurant
Cholov Yisroel
Kosher Supervision: Chabad
***CLOSED***

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 10am - call | Fri: 10am - 3pm | Saturday night 1 hr after Shabbos until....??

Phone: 702-385-0006
Address: 318 West Sahara Ave. Las Vegas, NV (just west of the strip)
Web: www.adarpizza.com   

Burnt Offerings
Fish & Meat Restaurant
Kosher supervision: OU

Hours: Sun - Thu: 4 - 11pm | Fri: 11am - 1:30pm

Phone: 702-848-2876
Address: 3909 W Sahara Ave Suite 10, Las Vegas, NV 89102
Web: www.burntofferings.com

Ace of Steaks - http://aceofsteakslv.com/. They have a persion menu but plenty of steak/ American options.
Haifa Restaurant
Meat Restaurant
Glatt Kosher- Chassidishe Shechita

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 11:30am - 9:30pm | Fri: 10am - 2pm | Sat: 6:30pm - 10:30pm

Phone: 702-940-8000
Address: 855 East Twain Ave. #101, Las Vegas, NV (corner of Twain & Swenson) - As of Oct 2014, they're in the process of moving & may be closed for a couple weeks - call ahead to be safe.
Web: www.haifarestaurant.com   

Jerusalem Grill
Mediterranean Cuisine Meat Restaurant
Chassidishe Shechita
Kosher Supervision:  Chabad

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 11 am -10 pm | Fri: 10am - Sundown

Phone: 702-341-5555
Address: 4825 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV (Flamingo & Decatur)
Web: www.jerusalemgrillvegas.com

Kosher Gourmet Restaurant & Bakery
Authentic Mediterranian Cuisine & Healthy Vegetarian Dishes.

Address: 3743 S. Las Vegas Blvd*                            Phone:(702)202-2674

**Located at the Hawaiian Marketplace on the Strip

Panini Cafe

Dairy Restaurant 
Cholov Yisroel

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 10am - 10pm | Fri: 10am - Sundown

Phone: 702-558-6555
Address: 2521 S. Fort Apache Rd. #100, Las Vegas, NV(Fort Apache & Sahara)
Web: www.paninicafelv.com   
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=914.msg1787161#msg1787161

Sababa Grille & Restaurant
Meat Restaurant
Glatt Kosher - Chassidishe Shechita

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 10am - 9pm | Fri: 10am - 3pm

Phone: 702-547-5556
Address: 3220 South Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV (N.E. corner of Desert Inn Durango)
Web: http://www.sababavegas.com/

Shawarma Vegas
Meat Restaurant
Glatt Kosher

Hours: Sun - Fri: 9am - 9pm

Phone: 702-651-1818
Address: 2521 S. Fort Apache Rd, Las Vegas, NV (Sahara & Fort Apache) #102
Web: www.shawarmavegas.com

Nina's Cafe
Dairy Restaurant
Cholov Yisroel
***CLOSED***

Hours: 9 am - 9 pm
Phone: 702-659-7776
Address: 4825 W. Flamingo Rd. #9 Las Vegas, NV (Flamingo & Decatur)
Web:  www.ninascafelv.com   

Genesis Restaurant
Meat Restaurant
Address:4561 W Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, NV 89103 
Phone: 725-244-4034

Web: http://genesisrestaurantlv.com/

Anis Tapas & Grill
Meat Restaurant
Address:3100 S Durango Dr, Spring Valley, NV 89117
Phone: (702) 586-4088

www.anisetapas.com

KOSHER CATERING
Rafi's Catering
Glatt kosher meals delivered to hotels for Shabbat and weekdays. To order food for Shabbos, you must call at least 24 hours in advance.

Phone: 702-348-8778

KOSHER SUPERMARKETS
Albertson's Market
This is a non-kosher grocery store in Las Vegas with an extensive Kosher section which includes fresh Kosher meat cut twice a week under the supervision of Chabad, Cholov Yisroel Milk and cheese, Pas Yisroel breads, Challahs and cakes.

Phone: 702-242-1138
Address: 2550 S. Fort Apache, Las Vegas, NV (at Sahara and Fort Apache)

Smith's Food and Drug Store
NEW IMPROVED SELECTION! This is a non-kosher grocery store with an extensive Kosher section which includes fresh Kosher meat cut daily, fresh bakery products including jelly donuts baked daily.  We have rotisserie chicken, deli meats, fresh salads, hot soups and a wonderful assortment of wines.  Cholov Yisroel Milk and cheese are also available.  All the breads, cakes and bakery items are pas Yisroel.  The supervision is under Chabad of Southern Nevada. 

Phone: 702-256-5200
Address: 2211 N. Rampart Blvd. Las Vegas, NV

KOSHER SERVICES
Car and Limousine Service
Kosher Services Las Vegas Car & Limousine Service across Las Vegas For all your Kosher needs!! Special service for Jewish clients seeking: Synagogues, Kosher supermarkets, Kosher restaurants and mikvah. We provide a personal and unique service that fits all our customers needs.

Phone: 702-460-9752
Web: www.kosherserviceslv.com  ---WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING AS OF TODAY 3/2/14

Author Topic: Las Vegas Master Thread  (Read 360277 times)

Offline muttman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
List of kosher Restaurants in Las Vegas
« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2010, 10:36:40 PM »
Anybody know of a list of kosher restaurants in las Vegas?
I take no responsibility for the results of your actions

Offline md

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Las Vegas Master Thread
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2010, 11:09:04 PM »
Anybody know of a list of kosher restaurants in las Vegas?
http://shamash.org/kosher/

Offline Sandy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
Went with my hubby to Vegas for free and had a great time.  Thank you, Dan!  We flew out of Pittsburgh and were supposed to go through Detroit but the flight was cancelled so we were rebooked on a flight that left half an hour later that was through Atlanta and comped $200.00 vouchers a piece by delta.  Not bad for a free trip.    ;D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2010, 05:57:27 PM »
Went with my hubby to Vegas for free and had a great time.  Thank you, Dan!  We flew out of Pittsburgh and were supposed to go through Detroit but the flight was cancelled so we were rebooked on a flight that left half an hour later that was through Atlanta and comped $200.00 vouchers a piece by delta.  Not bad for a free trip.    ;D
Not bad at all!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Sandy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »
We also picked up takeout from Big Dragon Chinese straight from the airport and he asked me if we were from dansdeals.  Next time we should get a dansdeals discount at all the kosher restaurants since there are so many of us, lol. 

Offline dealvr

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA ExPlat, Qantas Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »
Dan,
I used your expedia code and had an incredible weekend. Paid a total of of $80 and got upgraded to a penthouse in the Bellagio and first class on delta (very let down with the service). For those that are going to the Bellagio, when you walk in through the main lobby, take an immediate left to the executive lounge. It's a nicer place to check in with complimentary drinks snacks (scotch for the high-rollers). They officially only allow certain suite members to check-in that way but i didn't see it being an issue for anyone. The hotel gave us $300 in cash due to the faulty fridge they supplied us with, which they did not initially charge for. They hide these doors and there are no signs on them so look carefully. I also highly recommend the show "love" in the Mirage. It's Cirque Du Soleil gone Beatles.
Thanks!
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2011, 07:55:30 PM »
Dont know if this has always around or if its been mentioned before, but you can buy a $100 GC to vegas.com from costco for 79.99: Link

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
Can someone fill me in on the deal with getting comped when playing in vegas. Am headed there for the first time and was wondering how it all works. We are actually paying for the hotel. The plan as of now is to stay in the Palazzo on a promotional rate booked a few months ago (was not thinking straight during the expedia $300 deal). I noticed that i can get the same room for $10 less per night from amex plat FHR. The only thing is that it would be considered booking through a travel agency and i would not get comped anything at the end of the stay.

Basically my question is: would it be worth it pay the extra $10 per night and be booked through the venetian/palazzo directly in order to have the ability to get comped based on our playing time? I mostly play BJ and am definitely not a high roller. Would it even be possible to get our room comped at the end of our stay?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2011, 02:27:32 AM »
Can someone fill me in on the deal with getting comped when playing in vegas. Am headed there for the first time and was wondering how it all works. We are actually paying for the hotel. The plan as of now is to stay in the Palazzo on a promotional rate booked a few months ago (was not thinking straight during the expedia $300 deal). I noticed that i can get the same room for $10 less per night from amex plat FHR. The only thing is that it would be considered booking through a travel agency and i would not get comped anything at the end of the stay.

Basically my question is: would it be worth it pay the extra $10 per night and be booked through the venetian/palazzo directly in order to have the ability to get comped based on our playing time? I mostly play BJ and am definitely not a high roller. Would it even be possible to get our room comped at the end of our stay?
Very unlikely.
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline E

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2011, 12:23:47 AM »
Anyone here ever do one of the helicopter rides to the grand canyon? looking for a recommendation and perhaps a way to save on the price.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2011, 03:21:10 AM »
Anyone here ever do one of the helicopter rides to the grand canyon? looking for a recommendation and perhaps a way to save on the price.
I was going to do one for free via Expedia but chickened out after booking so many free stuff already that night.
Probably would be pretty cool though.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2011, 03:24:29 AM »
I was going to do one for free via Expedia but chickened out after booking so many free stuff already that night.
Probably would be pretty cool though.

Whaaaat? You chickened out?! :o
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2011, 03:41:35 AM »
Whaaaat? You chickened out?! :o
Lol.  No-showing for 6 Jetblue flights from LGB and BUR may start raising some red flags.
I first booked CO flights for the wrong date and threw those away, I had my US flights that I took, then 2 flights to get the Bellagio for 2 nights, and 2 flights for 2 Cirque tickets...
I think I took Expedia for enough money that night...

I figure that people booked 3,000 trips via DD.com that night x $300=$900,000

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2011, 04:14:24 AM »
Lol.  No-showing for 6 Jetblue flights from LGB and BUR may start raising some red flags.
I first booked CO flights for the wrong date and threw those away, I had my US flights that I took, then 2 flights to get the Bellagio for 2 nights, and 2 flights for 2 Cirque tickets...
I think I took Expedia for enough money that night...

I figure that people booked 3,000 trips via DD.com that night x $300=$900,000

How much more than that do you think people actually spent (via Expedia, after the $300 coupon) on those trips? Say 20% spent an average of $50 more that would be an additional $30k in revenue for Expedia (not much considering a $900k pure loss). How far off do you think my numbers are?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2011, 04:26:20 AM »
How much more than that do you think people actually spent (via Expedia, after the $300 coupon) on those trips? Say 20% spent an average of $50 more that would be an additional $30k in revenue for Expedia (not much considering a $900k pure loss). How far off do you think my numbers are?
I have no info on people that spent $0, but I think approx 1,000 people actually spent about $100 on average.  My complete guesstimate is 750K-1M in coupons vs. about 100K in revenue.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2011, 12:56:21 PM »
Anyone ever eat at Shwarma Vegas or Jerusalem Grill?

Any good? Any other restaurants that are recommended aside from the ones Dan posted in his trip report?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2011, 05:23:43 AM »
Anyone ever eat at Shwarma Vegas or Jerusalem Grill?

Any good? Any other restaurants that are recommended aside from the ones Dan posted in his trip report?
Haven't been.  I skipped J Grill due to some very bad reviews on Shamash but there were also good reviews.

Offline Crown Street

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:02 AM »
I'm going to Vegas form 1/24-1/27 and have not booked a hotel yet. Anyone know any good deals for a nice hotel?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
Returned recently and thought id offer some info on things we did, things we ate, things we saw etc.

Stayed in the palazzo- loved it. Used a coupon code that was available back in December.

As many have mentioned, there is a coffee bean right by the elevator bank in the palazzo as well as 2 upstairs in the venetian. The one by the palazzo does not heat up any food and is the same price as the one at the top of the elevators in the venetian. If you hang a left at the top of the elevators, you will see the other (much larger) one with a bigger variety and cheaper prices (worth the walk IMHO). I enjoyed the pizza bagels they have there- They heat them up for you as well.

We ate at shwarma vegas and thought it was very good (skip the hamburgers, or meat kebabs as they call them).

Ate at Jerusalem grill and thought it was pretty good. We both ordered a laffa sandwich and got it pretty quickly. The table of 2 nearby were ordering as we sat down. They were just getting their order as we left (about 40 min later). Seems like it can be hit or miss.

I highly recommend Big Dragon Chinese! Should have eaten there every meal. Food was very good, and the service was awesome!

Panini Cafe took our restaurant.com coupon happily. The food there was very good as well and would definitely return!

We saw the "O" at the Bellagio and was worth every penny. Got 3rd row seats front center for $131.25 through ticketmaster using a link on the Bellagio website. There was a link there to save 25% and all i had to do was make a a free account.

We went to a show called the Mac King show. It was a comedy magic show and was kind of cheesy. It was cheap, entertaining, and it kept us off from the tables for a little bit. He had some pretty interesting tricks that made us wonder how he did them.

We went to the price is right "live" which has the same games as the TV show and they call up contestants from the audience. The nice thing is that they call up 4 new contestants each round instead of only 1. The showcase did have several trips as well as a car (although neither of them won).

We did the helicopter over the grand canyon as well and it was worth every penny. Would do it again in a heartbeat. We paid $249 per person and an extra $50 to sit up front. We used Papillion. They picked us up from our hotel in a shuttle van and returned us a few hours later.

I asked earlier about playing and getting comped. We did get our rooms comped based on our play. (I wont write publicly what we actually played etc.)

Rented the car from thrifty. I checked kayak every few days starting about 2 weeks before our trip. The price seemed to go down every few days. Was originally $130 for the 4 days (all in). it dropped a few bucks every day until it was $92. Then it went back up and stayed up. Every time it dropped, i canceled the old and made a new reservation. I booked the "wild car" for an extra 2 bucks so i could have the option as well as the economy car. They offered me a grand marquis, so i just took the economy for $2 less.

If i think of anything else we did, ill update.