Author Topic: Jewelry for DW  (Read 3334 times)

Offline rs242

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Jewelry for DW
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 07:12:50 PM »
so yellow gold has a longer lasting luster/color time period?
No, I’m going to explain this one more time. Good is yellow, how do they make white gold? They mix chemicals into the gold to make it white but that is not white enough so after polishing it get dipped into a white rhodium to make it white (you can also dip yellow gold to make it white but won’t last very long if the gold gets a lot of skin time). Because it’s not naturally white the rhodium wears off and it starts to be a drop off white(this happens over a number of years). Now all this talk of luster I just don’t know what you are referring to. I’ve seen rings come off a lady’s finger after 30 years of wear and it’s just fine.

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Jewelry for DW
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:18 AM »
No, I’m going to explain this one more time. Good is yellow, how do they make white gold? They mix chemicals into the gold to make it white but that is not white enough so after polishing it get dipped into a white rhodium to make it white (you can also dip yellow gold to make it white but won’t last very long if the gold gets a lot of skin time). Because it’s not naturally white the rhodium wears off and it starts to be a drop off white(this happens over a number of years). Now all this talk of luster I just don’t know what you are referring to. I’ve seen rings come off a lady’s finger after 30 years of wear and it’s just fine.

That was my point that yellow gold is naturally yellow so it will maintain its original color as when you bought it; whereas white gold will not look the same white as when you bought it because of the rhodium wearing off