Author Topic: Penfed Pathfinder rewards  (Read 1385 times)

Offline hockyfan

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Penfed Pathfinder rewards
« on: March 19, 2018, 10:41:41 AM »
With all the talk of the CSR perks - this card offers up to $100 credit for Global Entry/precheck with no annual fee - am I missing something, or would this be worthwhile to get in order to get precheck for multiple family members? https://www.penfed.org/credit-cards/pathfinder-rewards-american-express

Granted, I would still consider another card for UR or MR points to use in general, but this seems like an easy way to get the precheck perks without much hassle for multiple people? Or is this too good to be true and I'm missing something?

Online shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Penfed Pathfinder rewards
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:48:13 AM »
With all the talk of the CSR perks - this card offers up to $100 credit for Global Entry/precheck with no annual fee - am I missing something, or would this be worthwhile to get in order to get precheck for multiple family members? https://www.penfed.org/credit-cards/pathfinder-rewards-american-express

Granted, I would still consider another card for UR or MR points to use in general, but this seems like an easy way to get the precheck perks without much hassle for multiple people? Or is this too good to be true and I'm missing something?
How would it be for multiple people? It is interesting though that there's no annual fee...

Offline hockyfan

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:08:43 AM »
Well presumably you and your spouse could both apply, and no annual fees for either of you

Offline yoshyosh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 147
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »
Well presumably you and your spouse could both apply, and no annual fees for either of you
It also gives a $100 travel credit. There are a lot of hidden fees like a charge for paper statements and a possible 3% fee on every transaction, though seemingly you never have to spend to receive the perks, but not one of the best cards.