Author Topic: Smart thermostats from Coned - $50 instant rebate plus $85 rebate when register  (Read 2064 times)

Offline ponsey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Coned in New York has smart thermostats currently $50 off with an instant rebate. Additionally they are offering $85 off if you install and register the device with them. See link below for all qualifying thermostats, including the Nest.

https://marketplace.coned.com/thermostats/

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
https://www.coned.com/en/save-money/rebates-incentives-tax-credits/rebates-incentives-tax-credits-for-residential-customers/bring-your-thermostat-and-get-$85

“When you enroll, you allow Con Edison to make brief, limited adjustments to your central air-conditioner setting during the summer to reduce demand on our electric grid. You are always in control and can override the settings at any time.”
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:59:51 AM by TimT »

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
https://www.coned.com/en/save-money/rebates-incentives-tax-credits/rebates-incentives-tax-credits-for-residential-customers/bring-your-thermostat-and-get-$85

“When you enroll, you allow Con Edison to make brief, limited adjustments to your central air-conditioner setting during the summer to reduce demand on our electric grid. You are always in control and can override the settings at any time.”
I believe that once you enroll and receive the rebate you can unenroll

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
I believe that once you enroll and receive the rebate you can unenroll
What do they mean by this ?

“when you agree to participate for two year. Enroll with an approved service provider when their enrollment period opens.”

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
What do they mean by this ?

“when you agree to participate for two year. Enroll with an approved service provider when their enrollment period opens.”

I spoke to a rep and what she basically told me was, that once you own the thermostat and you have already received that $85 rebate there is nothing that they can do if you leave the program and just keep the thermostat.

I am not 100% sure about it but it does make sense.

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
Does PSEG have something similar?