Author Topic: Chilul hashem on AF  (Read 10554 times)

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Chilul hashem on AF
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
Nothing there about AF or other international carriers.
I linked to the AF policy upthread.

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2018, 08:43:01 PM »
Yes.
This is the other side of the story and I'll let everyone decide who is right
It was on the CDG-TLV leg.
PAX asked a FA politely if he can help him switch, to which he replied with attitude that he can either sit in his seat or get off the aircraft, they started arguing and at some point the FA told him "you can fly elal if you wants this privilege" and just walked away, so he went and sat down in a empty fake J seat.  FA came to PAX again and said "you have to pay for this seat" so PAX offered to pay but FA refused. At the end they moved someone else from Y to J and he got that seat.
Sitting down in a cabin you didn't pay for, is totally unacceptable IMHO, and it's יצא שכרו בהפסידו
I agree with you that he shouldn't have sat down in j, but then again אל תדון חברך עד שתגיע למקומו
 I can understand him for getting annoyed as I can believe the full story as I've seen this exact same scenarios in the past, when people ask politely and the flight attendant answers with an attitude.

I'm sure we'll have some (anti-semites)[clear minded people] bashing the passenger...

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2018, 12:40:21 AM »
Yes.
This is the other side of the story and I'll let everyone decide who is right
It was on the CDG-TLV leg.
PAX asked a FA politely if he can help him switch, to which he replied with attitude that he can either sit in his seat or get off the aircraft, they started arguing and at some point the FA told him "you can fly elal if you wants this privilege" and just walked away, so he went and sat down in a empty fake J seat.  FA came to PAX again and said "you have to pay for this seat" so PAX offered to pay but FA refused. At the end they moved someone else from Y to J and he got that seat.
Sitting down in a cabin you didn't pay for, is totally unacceptable IMHO, and it's יצא שכרו בהפסידו
and for everyone else, there is easyJet.

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2018, 01:05:31 AM »
I agree with you that he shouldn't have sat down in j, but then again אל תדון חברך עד שתגיע למקומו
 I can understand him for getting annoyed as I can believe the full story as I've seen this exact same scenarios in the past, when people ask politely and the flight attendant answers with an attitude.

I'm sure we'll have some (anti-semites)[clear minded people] bashing the passenger...

A normal person wont just sit down in a J seat. There is obviously something wrong with the guy. He is an idiot and caused a Chilul Hashem. Like has been mentioned in the past, if you are not allowed to sit next to a lady then freaking walk! Do not cause a Chilul Hashem. Period.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2018, 01:07:47 AM »
Yup, can't sit down next to a woman, but you can sit down in a stolen J seat. Cool story.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2018, 09:49:30 AM »
Yup, can't sit down next to a woman, but you can sit down in a stolen J seat. Cool story.
exactly.
 and yet there are people who will some how justify it and attack ppl who question it as anti semites or don't care about halacha...

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2018, 11:07:48 AM »
Golus is becoming way too comfortable for us. We feel entitled. Some of us will blow it for the rest of us.

If someone's psak says not to sit next to a woman under any circumstances, he really needs to limit flying to almost never. It means being ready to ask politely once, and if not forthcoming to walk off the plane and forfeit the tickets.
+100