Author Topic: Chase ink preferred merchant codes not being recognized as bonus categories  (Read 705 times)

Offline 2_Vino

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Has anyone else been having this issue?
Have you had any success convincing Chase that these are actually bonus categories?
The Chase ink preferred officially states "Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, and on advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year."
I have charges with "AMI MAGAZINE" which I cannot seem to get 3 points per dollar as they didn't code themselves properly with Visa. I told them I have the physical advertisement that was placed and I didn't buy $1,000 worth of magazines but to no avail. Maybe if I fax a copy of the ad they will have it looked into.
Similarly, I have charges with AirBnB and VRBO that register as travel, but when booking thru other vendors for the same vacation rental, it does not register as travel.
Thoughts or input.
Thanks

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
What makes you think that print advertising is included?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline 2_Vino

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hamodia has a merchant code as a Newspaper and was given bonus points.
The question is has anyone been successful in chase crediting bonus points to merchants who are coded "incorrectly"?
I argued that I do not control my vendor's relationship with their credit card processor, but I can show what the charges were essentially for; an ad or a vacation rental. This was unsuccessful, even after going to a supervisor.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Given that newspaper isn't officially a valid category for this card, I'd say you're out of luck.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.