Author Topic: NEW Jewish HealthShare unitedrefuahhs.org  (Read 39113 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: NEW Jewish HealthShare unitedrefuahhs.org
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »
Never had one, so I couldn't tell you.
Ok. So how about a high school diploma or GED?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »
Never had one, so I couldn't tell you.
Dan is a 5th generation Clevelander where he lives with his wife Mimi and their 3 children, Rafi, Talia, and Maya. He received Rabbinical ordination and an MBA before deciding to turn DansDeals from a hobby into a career. Dan has a passion for travel that he loves to share with his readers.

https://www.dansdeals.com/about-us/
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 02:50:51 PM »
@ExGingi Would you like to read the through the 200 pages of the T&Cs and give us your expert opinion of the pros and cons, and target market?

(I'm sure you appreciate the homework)  :P

In the spirit of no formal English education, I will open with a regular english statement:

First of all it's not 200 pages, only 50. Second of all, I stopped after seeing this on page 6:

What if they decide that typing at a computer isn't considered regular exercise and that Schmaltz Herring isn't considered healthy food? Who is the arbiter of the standards on this? Maybe if catastrophic plans would be available to everyone, this might be something to consider, but since those are only available to individuals up to the age of 30, I'm not going to waste my time reading this.

-- Dan

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 02:55:14 PM »
In the spirit of no formal English education, I will open with a regular english statement:

First of all it's not 200 pages, only 50. Second of all, I stopped after seeing this on page 6:

What if they decide that typing at a computer isn't considered regular exercise and that Schmaltz Herring isn't considered healthy food? Who is the arbiter of the standards on this? Maybe if catastrophic plans would be available to everyone, this might be something to consider, but since those are only available to individuals up to the age of 30, I'm not going to waste my time reading this.
Liberty Healthshare has a similar statement.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
Liberty Healthshare has a similar statement.

But some added statements that might be problematic for Jews. (not that I've read all the T&C to see that unitedrefuahhs.org isn't problematic, I just don't know).
-- Dan

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 08:23:26 PM »
can you personally confirm for us that the widow actually received gelt?
I have not heard from any אלמנה that has received $ from areivim
Thanks

Do you Know of any widow due money that did not receive it?

Tens of families i know did receive money

Offline mancunian

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
I'm confused as far as I read only existing cost sharing health sharing companies are exempt from the ACA mandate they had to have existed a bunch of years ago to get the exclusion...so will you still get the fine with this company Yes I know the fine is going away but not till 2019...
https://www.unitedrefuahhs.org/faqs/#toggle-id-20 Says they're compliant w/ ACA

No coinsurance for 12 months if apply by tomorrow

But, by being one of our first  Pre-Registration members (A United Refuah ‘Charter Member’), you will be exempt from any co-sharing for the first twelve months of your membership!  For a family, that is a maximum savings of $8000!

THIS OFFER ENDS MAY 15, 2018
All that is required to hold your place as a Charter Member is the Initial Enrollment fee of $125 (which all regular members are also required to pay).  If you change your mind at any time prior to completion and acceptance of your enrollment, you may withdraw your registration and receive a full refund.   There is no risk to you with our Pre-Registration Charter Membership program, but by Pre-Registering now, a family could save $8000 in their first membership year!

Please note that for medical incidents that occur during the first two months of membership, total sharing is limited to a maximum of $10,000. The medical needs must be a result of an acute illness, injury, or accident.

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 11:00:22 AM »
Does anyone know where/what/who set this up? I'm curious

I signed up with them, looks good. But I asked them who it's affiliated with/which organizations/which group within Judaism/even informally... - no answers, just 'prominent Jewish businessmen'.
Why the secrecy? If it's in order to keep a parve front then good for them, attract more business no reason to alienate anyone... but just interesting.

Maybe OP @sam123 or @yelped can shed some light? My friend says it's probably Dan because it's in Cleveland... but they seem to have terrible advertising so can't be.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 11:05:28 AM »
He is a prominent Jewish businessman.

Offline syp5

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »
Does anyone know where/what/who set this up? I'm curious

I signed up with them, looks good. But I asked them who it's affiliated with/which organizations/which group within Judaism/even informally... - no answers, just 'prominent Jewish businessmen'.
Why the secrecy? If it's in order to keep a parve front then good for them, attract more business no reason to alienate anyone... but just interesting.

Maybe OP @sam123 or @yelped can shed some light? My friend says it's probably Dan because it's in Cleveland... but they seem to have terrible advertising so can't be.
from the FAQ'S;
United Refuah Health Share was founded by Boruch (Bernard) Manies and Shmuel (Alex) Hoffman, of Cleveland, OH. As successful businessmen, employers, and fathers, they saw the problems with trying to provide appropriate healthcare to their employees and their children.  Over the past two years, the founders engaged others from our community to make sure the culture and the needs of the Jewish community within the Health Share were maintained and revered, while creating a superior HealthShare organization.

The Executive Team for United Refuah Health Share includes

Boruch (Bernard) Manies
Shmuel (Alex) Hoffman
Moishe Katz
Sandy Cheshire, JD, MBA, LLM, CPA
United Refuah Health Share has contracted for the services of a group of medical and wellness professionals at BowTie Medical, who are to assist United Refuah members to become healthier and lower their medical costs by combining healthsharing with the best available health and wellness programs, including health assessments, health coaching and providing advice to members in navigating the health care system.

BowTie Medical executive team includes:

Firouz Daneshgari, MD, MBA, FRCS
Rob Winings
Karen Agnich, RN, MBA
We believe that we have engaged a very strong team that is well equipped to manage a health care sharing organization for the Jewish community.

Offline Moe Ginsburg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 09:06:51 PM »

As a Liberty HealthShare member I really hope this one should work out, they hired a former Liberty manager to run it, and they've created a different structure that'll hopefully cover itself, (Liberty is not covered lately fully).

What do you mean by "Liberty is not covered lately fully"?

Offline sam123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 11:01:39 PM »
What do you mean by "Liberty is not covered lately fully"?
The last few month they wrote in the emails that the shared total was much less than the eligible bills they received.

But in the latest email there's a new structure, sounds as they're paying the rest in the next months.

Offline Moe Ginsburg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 01:22:39 AM »
The last few month they wrote in the emails that the shared total was much less than the eligible bills they received.

But in the latest email there's a new structure, sounds as they're paying the rest in the next months.
So they didn't pay the medical bills, thus forcing the members to pay it themselves?

And now they're hoping to reimburse the members for the bills the member was forced to directly pay?

Offline sam123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »

CORRECTION: Liberty told me now that everything gets paid at the end, lately they just can't cover themselves in the same month, but then they pay it in the next months.

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »
CORRECTION: Liberty told me now that everything gets paid at the end, lately they just can't cover themselves in the same month, but then they pay it in the next months.
Sounds like they are heading down a slippery slope.
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
right...
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline Moe Ginsburg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 07:10:18 PM »

I thought that Liberty Healthshare was the gold standard among healthshare services.

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 11:03:07 PM »
I thought that Liberty Healthshare was the gold standard among healthshare services.
the key word may be "was"?
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 09:39:42 AM »
the key word may be "was"?
That may be because the CEO of Liberty Healthshare left to head United Refuah a few months ago. I finally took the bullet and signed up with United Refuah last night. They extended their charter member sign up promotion until May 31st, so no coshares for the first year. Only the $500 deductible. $219 a month. Way better deal than $185 a month for a catastrophic plan with a $7,350 deductible that doctors don't take anyways.

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »
Hopefully, this will succeed. We can use new thinking.

Arevim is a great example of original thinking that is a major success. Why am I thinking about them now? Because they didn't charge in ages and I got a notice last week that they will charge and I happen to know the family of orphans.
"Arevim is a great example"

Are you aware of anyone that actually received a check from them???  Trying to find one for years,