DansDeals Forum > Trip Reports

Maui TR 2018

(1/5) > >>

jshelton:
In the process of ironing out details for my June trip to Maui.

So far:

(No judgement for flying coach  :'( )

Flying United. Redeemed 90K miles for 2 RT tickets from EWR->OGG

Staying at the Wailea Beach Resort (marriott). Redeemed a 7 Night Category 8 cert for 310K Marriot Points which included me getting 77K AA Miles. I chose AA because that's where I have airline miles left and I figured it would be best to put the credit there. There was no availability for point redemption at this hotel. I got the representative to ask the hotel if they'd honor a cert and they did, luckily)

I've been to Maui 3 times (as a kid/teenager). This is what we plan on doing so far - snorkeling at molokini/turtle town, scuba beach dive, road to hana, adopt a dog for a day with the maui humane society, pineapple tour, photo shoot, surfing.

doing pom meals and will order from the chabad there for shabbos.

I'm writing this now so that I will write a TR when I come back. In the meantime, I'm open to suggestions or tips. thanks

stmark:
skip the pineapple tour. its out of the way and a snoozefest.
do a luau at night one of the nights. whale or dolphin watching is fun!

ponsey:
Most Luaus require you to pay for food, however the Sheraton in Ka'anapali has a "Drinks only" option.
Just make sure to drink as much as you can to get your money's worth :) - also they take away the open bar about halfway through the luau.

Here are a few more ideas:
Ziplining (Jungle Zipline was good)
Strawberry Picking (Kula Country Farm)
Sunrise at Haleakala
Whale Watching (Pacific Whale Foundation)
Warren & Annabell magic show
Sunrise Torch lighting ceremony at Ka'anapali beach (only certain nights)
Olivine pools, dragon's teeth, Nakalele Blowhole

Hope this helps!!

jshelton:
thanks. Im skipping the pineapple tour in the end. Im doing the haleakala sunrise tour on my first morning there. a lot of the hikes and sites you mentioned we plan on visiting on our road to hana. i think we'll just do the Luau at the marriott.

thanks for the tips

ushdadude:
The room we had at the Hyatt overlooked their luau and was actually about after the first night

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version