Author Topic: Suggestions for Electric Bike rental in TLV?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Suggestions for Electric Bike rental in TLV?
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:57:07 PM »
I am thinking of renting an Electric Bicycle rather than a car for my upcoming trip, as I think that the areas I will be visiting might be very challenging as far as parking is concerned.

Any suggestions? Can they be taken on the train when I need to go slightly further away? Any rental that close to a train station in Tel-Aviv?

Do US Credit Cards provide theft coverage on these?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline nafnaf12

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Electric Bike rental in TLV?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 08:54:07 PM »
I am thinking of renting an Electric Bicycle rather than a car for my upcoming trip, as I think that the areas I will be visiting might be very challenging as far as parking is concerned.

Any suggestions? Can they be taken on the train when I need to go slightly further away? Any rental that close to a train station in Tel-Aviv?

I would rent a tustus. But that's just me, It's extremely dangerous but really convenient.

In regards to CC coverage I'm not sure about rentals but I know they(chase)denied a claim cover a purchased one stolen within a week.
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:05:26 PM »
I would rent a tustus. But that's just me, It's extremely dangerous but really convenient.

In regards to CC coverage I'm not sure about rentals but I know they(chase)denied a claim cover a purchased one stolen within a week.
Not doing a tustus, thanks. I really don't expect to be traveling distances, possibly just to/from train stations.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline flugal

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »

Check Ecofun. They have a bunch of branches in Tel Aviv. I know the Herzliya branch does rentals, not sure if they all do.

You can definitely bring it on the train. There are designated areas on the train for them. During rush hour, you may have to fold it up

Offline Hjay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:06:51 PM »

Why was it denied?