Topic Wiki

Credit Bureau Info:

Experian: 800-493-1058 With A Report Number

Experian: 714-830-7000 (Without A Report Number) Call and Press 0. You will get connected to the switchboard operator. Tell them you just called in and entered your report number and the automated system disconnected you. Ask them if they can get a human on the line for disputes. That's the only way you'll be able to get through to a live person at Experian without a Report Number.

Equifax: 800-846-5279

TransUnion: 800-916-8800

Comparison between FAKO from Credit karma and FICO from Barclays and Citi.

Cards that give you free monthly FICO's

AMEX personal cards = EX 08 Switched to FAKO (VantageScore 3.0)
Chase Slate = EX (either 08 or Bankcard enhanced)
PSECU = EX 04

Citi branded cards = EQ 08 Bankcard enhanced
Citi AA = EQ bankcard enhanced
DCU= EQ 04
PenFed = EQ NextGen
Elements Financial (Credit Union, score available for without opening CC) = EQ 5

Barclays = TU 08
Discover it = TU 08
Walmart (store or MC) = TU 08
« Last edited by Lev26 on April 13, 2022, 02:28:07 AM »

Author Topic: credit score  (Read 810291 times)

Offline creditor

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Credit Score Drop?
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2012, 04:31:10 AM »
I figured that might be what you meant, but it isn't what you said.
we wer discussing scores only, given that, thats what I said
I'm just say'in©®

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2012, 08:52:55 AM »
as far as cc your wrong in every way, Chase amex as well as all major cc lenders, rely ONLY on FICO,
Please STOP posting wrong information. Chase also uses their internal scoring system and has nothing to do with FICO!!!
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »
Please STOP posting wrong information. Chase also uses their internal scoring system and has nothing to do with FICO!!!
+1

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Credit Score Drop?
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »
AFAIK they use FICO, but let it be true, still CHRIS22'S post doesn't make sense at all
the most valuable score is FICO no argument
I'm just say'in©®

Offline chris22

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
AFAIK they use FICO, but let it be true, still CHRIS22'S post doesn't make sense at all
the most valuable score is FICO no argument

Wow. You guys are hilarious. Not super friendly, but hilarious. Exactly what part of my post doesn't make sense to some of you? Did the Monster Cable analogy lose you? Maybe I can help you out a little. Saying "FICO is the most valuable" score in and of itself doesn't contradict my post at all. And simply posting a snarky "your post discredits itself" doesn't help much either. Try dropping the KIA 'tudes and maybe we can all learn something new.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »
Wow. You guys are hilarious. Not super friendly, but hilarious. Exactly what part of my post doesn't make sense to some of you? Did the Monster Cable analogy lose you? Maybe I can help you out a little. Saying "FICO is the most valuable" score in and of itself doesn't contradict my post at all. And simply posting a snarky "your post discredits itself" doesn't help much either. Try dropping the KIA 'tudes and maybe we can all learn something new.
Please don’t lump me into “one of the guys”. I never was, currently am not and never will be “one of the guys” on this forum.   ;D

A couple of the major FAKO scores that many sites use are Transrisk and Vantagescore. Do you know of any CC company that use these scores in their decision making process?

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Score Drop?
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »
We used Beacon(Equifax)/Fico at AT&T Universal Card (now citi) years ago when we evaluated. Although I'm not sure if it was the default bureau and could have also been region based as well. On the phone during inter-representative calls we always referred the word Beacon. At that time I don't believe we had an internal scoring system, but this was so long ago too.

Offline chris22

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »
Please don’t lump me into “one of the guys”. I never was, currently am not and never will be “one of the guys” on this forum.   ;D

A couple of the major FAKO scores that many sites use are Transrisk and Vantagescore. Do you know of any CC company that use these scores in their decision making process?

Thanks for the reply. Maybe we need to define the term "FAKO" to begin with. Are Experian, TransUnion and Equifax scores considered FACOs? Or is it any score aside from these 3? I'm still learning about this myself. I also have a friend who is a bank manager here in town who I may see today and I'm going to ask him about your question and this other stuff and get his take on it. While I respect the source of my previously posted information it would definitely be nice to get another view on this. I'll check and see what he has to say about the validity and value of these "FACO" scores and if his bank is actually moving toward other, non-FICO scores for their various loans.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
Maybe we need to define the term "FAKO" to begin with.
It is very simple. Does it use the FICO trademark?

Actually what it comes down to is the score that the FI’s is using for your application. It does not matter if you call it a FICO or FAKO.

Online gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2012, 01:53:35 PM »
even if anyone isn't using FICO, they're using their own (proprietary) FAKO, not the ones being sold to you by the monitoring agency

Offline jimmy1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »
applied for CHASE SP but didn't get instant approval or denial and got PENDING REVIEW. I wonder it maybe due to my previous CHASE SW application in OCT 2011.
called and said it first has to  go through processing and they can't make a decision on phone. The rep told me I have good relationship with chase , I have 2 chase cards, freedom   applied in 2008 , and SW. and 2 chase checking.

i wanted to apply for the INK BOLD right after the SP but since i got no approval for SP first, i  quit the INK BOLD application

Offline chris22

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »
It is very simple. Does it use the FICO trademark?

Actually what it comes down to is the score that the FI’s is using for your application. It does not matter if you call it a FICO or FAKO.

Well, after talking to my bank manager friend I'm just about as confused as I was before. He said they do most all of their checks via Equifax but there is some in-house stuff that can alter that score for them and then he lost me as to some other stuff he said. I think where I may have had some confusion is that I was thinking the big 3 scores were FAKO scores and that FICO was an actual organization that had this one magic number. Evidently not. (Anyone know what FICO stands for exactly?)
I think I'll just quit while I'm behind and settle for your piece of wisdom above. (I'm not going to pay for any credit score, FICO or not, anyway so it's not like I actually care.)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »
The bottom line is anyone can make their own scoring system, we can have a DDF scoring system, but it's worthless as no major agency will use it.  That's how I look at the myriad of scoring systems out there.

FICO is still used by most major companies, alongside their own internal scoring system which weighs factors important to them more heavily.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
(Anyone know what FICO stands for exactly?)

Fair Isaac Corporation

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2012, 11:33:47 PM »
Fair Isaac Corporation

+1

FICO is an organization that developed a standardized scoring algorithm that scores the data contained on each of your credit reports to evaluate your creditworthiness. FAKOs are various scoring algorithms that attempt to simulate FICO or provide an alternative (e.g. Vantage, PLUS etc).

Chase (and virtually every other lender) looks at your (usually FICO) score as well as other factors (such as income, debt-to-income ratio, income-to-credit ratio etc. etc.) when evaluating you for credit. I'm convinced that their criteria isn't set in stone and there's some leeway (which explains the inconsistent experiences with recon).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
not reading through the whole thread... but if this wasn't answered yet:

if your credit was taken from a visa platinum (for example) to a signature, it may no longer be in your total credit calculation (on FICO too). happened to me
you can have (for example) $40k credit. FICO shows $20k and 50% utilization....
i think

Offline jimmy1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »
applied for CHASE SP< got 2 pulls, 1 from EQUIFAX as CHASE and 1 from transunion as FIRST USA.
 won't try another chase card for  next 12 months.

Offline yaacov37

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2012, 06:13:23 PM »
hi
i just had my SSN 2month ago , i apply 1 month ago for the chase freedom and amex SPG and they denied.
i would like to know which credit card i can get it first?

Offline miamiles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »
inquiry will lower....but once charged and paid back...wil go higher than before

Offline lcyitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
hi
i just had my SSN 2month ago , i apply 1 month ago for the chase freedom and amex SPG and they denied.
i would like to know which credit card i can get it first?
what you wanna do is become an au on lets say a citi card then that would boost your credit than you can try and apply for a citi a month later or try a store card i.e gap. this is all as far as i know (might wanna  confirm with a pro)