Topic Wiki

Credit Bureau Info:

Experian: 800-493-1058 With A Report Number

Experian: 714-830-7000 (Without A Report Number) Call and Press 0. You will get connected to the switchboard operator. Tell them you just called in and entered your report number and the automated system disconnected you. Ask them if they can get a human on the line for disputes. That's the only way you'll be able to get through to a live person at Experian without a Report Number.

Equifax: 800-846-5279

TransUnion: 800-916-8800

Comparison between FAKO from Credit karma and FICO from Barclays and Citi.

Cards that give you free monthly FICO's

AMEX personal cards = EX 08
Chase Slate = EX (either 08 or Bankcard enhanced)
PSECU = EX 04

Citi AA = EQ bankcard enhanced
DCU= EQ 04
PenFed = EQ NextGen

Barclays = TU 08
Discover it = TU 08
Walmart (store or MC) = TU 08

Author Topic: credit score  (Read 236718 times)

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: credit score
« Reply #3810 on: December 26, 2017, 02:06:01 PM »
Can you elaborate ? You mean itís easy to dispute ?

What are the chances that the collection agency will report a single parking ticket from out of state ? It went to collections about 6 months ago and itís not on my credit report as of yet.

Yes, it would (should) be easy to dispute off since it wasn't a consumer credit transaction.  There was a ruling last year that made parking tickets, library fines and stuff not eligible for credit reporting.

No idea about the chances it reports.  In California, they attach parking fines to your vehicle registration to force you to pay.  No idea about other states, and no idea if one state can place that on another state's registration process.

Why not just pay it, especially if you're ever going to the other state again?

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: December 26, 2017, 02:39:35 PM »
Yes, it would (should) be easy to dispute off since it wasn't a consumer credit transaction.  There was a ruling last year that made parking tickets, library fines and stuff not eligible for credit reporting.

No idea about the chances it reports.  In California, they attach parking fines to your vehicle registration to force you to pay.  No idea about other states, and no idea if one state can place that on another state's registration process.

Why not just pay it, especially if you're ever going to the other state again?
I would pay the original $100 ticket but not $240 that they want now. If I call them up they would let me off the hook with just the original ticket. (Itís from Washington DC)
 Itís so weird that they can put it in my credit report. How do they know itís me ? Y canít it be someone that borrowed my car ? Iím responsible for another ? It only makes sense if the law is that the CAR canít be parked there but then why should it go on a persona credit report ?

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 26, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »
I would pay the original $100 ticket but not $240 that they want now. If I call them up they would let me off the hook with just the original ticket. (Itís from Washington DC)
 Itís so weird that they can put it in my credit report. How do they know itís me ? Y canít it be someone that borrowed my car ? Iím responsible for another ? It only makes sense if the law is that the CAR canít be parked there but then why should it go on a persona credit report ?

The car is your property, so yes you are responsible for it.

If you ever go back to DC with that vehicle, you risk it getting booted or towed, and it will cost you a lot more $$$.

Like I said, apparently now it shouldn't go on your credit reports.  I don't really care about parking tickets, but I do think library fines SHOULD go on people's credit reports.

https://www.thenewspaper.com/news/49/4987.asp

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 26, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »
Does anyone know if unpaid medical bills specifically from hospitals effect your credit? I'm getting a lot of mixed information... anyone on here have any experience with this ?

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: December 26, 2017, 04:33:49 PM »
Does anyone know if unpaid medical bills specifically from hospitals effect your credit? I'm getting a lot of mixed information... anyone on here have any experience with this ?
if it went to collections it affects your credit. whats the difference if its hospital, doctor, or other?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 26, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
if it went to collections it affects your credit. whats the difference if its hospital, doctor, or other?

There has been talk about future FICO iterations placing less weight on medical debt.  I've also heard of mortgage underwriters overlooking medical debts whereas they would require other collections accounts to be paid before moving forward with the lending process.

Anyone with medical debt(s) should go to creditboards.com, create a login, and start reading/posting in the medical forum.

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: December 26, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »
There has been talk about future FICO iterations placing less weight on medical debt.  I've also heard of mortgage underwriters overlooking medical debts whereas they would require other collections accounts to be paid before moving forward with the lending process.

Anyone with medical debt(s) should go to creditboards.com, create a login, and start reading/posting in the medical forum.
thanks

i have heard that hospitals many times don't report to collection agencies so just wondering how true that is

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 26, 2017, 07:45:11 PM »
thanks
  i have heard that hospitals many times don't report to collection agencies so just wondering how true that is
Then that's a question specific to the hospital u owe money to. No one here would know that
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: December 26, 2017, 07:52:08 PM »

Definitely not true. Your hospital may not, or your state may have some law or bill of some sort, I have no clue. I just know that this definitely is not accurate across the board.

Online ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #3819 on: December 27, 2017, 02:33:51 AM »

I have read this a few weeks ago in the FT or WSJ.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: January 03, 2018, 05:49:04 PM »
Does anyone here have experience with Rapid Rescore?

More info:
https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/what-is-rapid-rescore-should-i-consider/
https://www.transunion.com/blog/credit-advice/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-credit-report-to-update

Is there a way to use it if my lender does not offer it (Commercial Loan)?

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: January 03, 2018, 07:47:02 PM »
Does anyone here have experience with Rapid Rescore?

More info:
https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/what-is-rapid-rescore-should-i-consider/
https://www.transunion.com/blog/credit-advice/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-credit-report-to-update

Is there a way to use it if my lender does not offer it (Commercial Loan)?

A prime example why to always keep your credit files optimized

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 03, 2018, 09:40:55 PM »
A prime example why to always keep your credit files optimized
+100

In this case, you never know when a business lender will decide to check your personal credit...

Regardless, there were high balances that have been paid off, and I got zero balance letters for all of those accounts.

Does anyone here have experience using Rapid Rescore?
Are there any reputable ways to get it done not directly through our lender?
(cost is not an issue in this case)

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: January 03, 2018, 09:49:27 PM »
+100

In this case, you never know when a business lender will decide to check your personal credit...

Regardless, there were high balances that have been paid off, and I got zero balance letters for all of those accounts.

Does anyone here have experience using Rapid Rescore?
Are there any reputable ways to get it done not directly through our lender?
(cost is not an issue in this case)

Your credit score is a snapshot in time.  A rapid rescore really means your lender pulls your credit again (for a new snapshot at a new time) and sees your most recent snapshot.  The CRAs nor your lender have any bearing when your other creditors report your updates.

Regardless, i believe its initiated by the lender.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:53:42 PM by PillanSmye »

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: January 03, 2018, 10:20:52 PM »
Your credit score is a snapshot in time.  A rapid rescore really means your lender pulls your credit again (for a new snapshot at a new time) and sees your most recent snapshot.  The CRAs nor your lender have any bearing when your other creditors report your updates.

Regardless, i believe its initiated by the lender.

It seems that the Rapid Rescore is more than just another hard pull.
As described by several websites who provide reports to lenders:
Source 1 | Source2 | Source 3

Rather it sound's like it is able to update your balance (or other info) with the CRAs without waiting for the Lender to do so, based on sending them proof that the balance was actually lowered.

I can see many times where this can be useful if you need to get you Util down fast.
Have you ever heard of this?

I am only hesitant because there are no mentions of it here, and only 1 (in 2011) on CB