Topic Wiki

Credit Bureau Info:

Experian: 800-493-1058 With A Report Number

Experian: 714-830-7000 (Without A Report Number) Call and Press 0. You will get connected to the switchboard operator. Tell them you just called in and entered your report number and the automated system disconnected you. Ask them if they can get a human on the line for disputes. That's the only way you'll be able to get through to a live person at Experian without a Report Number.

Equifax: 800-846-5279

TransUnion: 800-916-8800

Comparison between FAKO from Credit karma and FICO from Barclays and Citi.

Cards that give you free monthly FICO's

AMEX personal cards = EX 08 Switched to FAKO (VantageScore 3.0)
Chase Slate = EX (either 08 or Bankcard enhanced)
PSECU = EX 04

Citi branded cards = EQ 08 Bankcard enhanced
Citi AA = EQ bankcard enhanced
DCU= EQ 04
PenFed = EQ NextGen
Elements Financial (Credit Union, score available for without opening CC) = EQ 5

Barclays = TU 08
Discover it = TU 08
Walmart (store or MC) = TU 08
« Last edited by Lev26 on April 13, 2022, 02:28:07 AM »

Author Topic: credit score  (Read 810853 times)

Offline gavhaller

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
Re: credit score
« Reply #640 on: March 11, 2015, 02:58:27 PM »
Why the discrepancy between my Barclay Fico score and my creditkarma score?
Almost 100 points! And both updated at the same time.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 11, 2015, 03:06:13 PM »

How is it compared to your DansDeals PoppySeedŽ  score?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 11, 2015, 03:06:32 PM »
Which is higher ? (Creditkarma isn't worth much for score)

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #643 on: March 11, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »
Which is higher ? (Creditkarma isn't worth much for score)
Barclay's is higher.
I've never officially trusted that creditkarma was the IT score. But, when I make my round of apps I definitely check it to make sure all is okay. I was just stunned to see such a vast gap between the two.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 11, 2015, 03:15:09 PM »
Barclay's is higher.
I've never officially trusted that creditkarma was the IT score. But, when I make my round of apps I definitely check it to make sure all is okay. I was just stunned to see such a vast gap between the two.
Why?  The only real FICO score is FICO. Anything else is simply a guess as to the actual FICO method.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 11, 2015, 03:16:23 PM »
Why?  The only real FICO score is FICO. Anything else is simply a guess as to the actual FICO method.
Mhm. Guess that somewhat makes sense.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 11, 2015, 03:19:32 PM »
Mhm. Guess that makes a lot of sense.
FTFY

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #647 on: March 11, 2015, 03:52:54 PM »
How is it compared to your DansDeals PoppySeedŽ  score?
Wow - every so often someone pulls a great thread out of the archives!
Thanks!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 23, 2015, 10:56:13 AM »
Here goes a story:
I applied for Barclays US Airways card (4 months ago) and got approved with a $10,000 credit limit  :) . I was surprised by the credit limit, because I had previously only had one card (for 4 years) with a $2,500 credit limit. When I activated the card, they told me that I'm entering the wrong social security number  :( . To make a long story short, my credit report was merged with my cousin's (almost the same name), and my cousin has a great credit history. Interestingly, Experian (who had the mix-up) told me that Barclays made the inquiry with the correct social, but when they reported the account, it was with the wrong social. Anyways, I told Barclays about the error, and they switched the social security number over to my SSN.
This was 4 months ago. Comes last week, and suddenly my credit limit dropped from $10,000 to $1,000 dollars  :( . I called them up and they said that they revaluated based on my correct credit report, and they cannot give me more than $1,000 limit. They said that the terms and Conditions state that they can lower the limit at any time based on a change in credit worthiness. I argued that I never had a change in credit worthiness, just that they had initially made an error (that was completely their responsibility). They said that there is nothing they can do  >:( . I forced him to call customer service and refund my annual fee (saying "the card is worthless to me with so little credit"), and he did that instantly. I hung up happily. (Since I got that card, I've been approved for other cards, so a had other cards to use with far greater limits  :P .)
Now for my question: I got an alert from Experian Credit Tracker (I'm a member) that there was a decrease on a credit limit on one of my accounts, and it could serve as a red flag to other banks because they see that a different bank lowered my credit limit. What should I do? Could I call Barclays and make them delete the record that I ever had a $10,000 limit? Or should I call Experian and try to do something through them?  :-\
If you're reading this, then I appreciate you reading through my long post. Thank you.

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #649 on: March 23, 2015, 11:10:39 AM »
You did have a 10k limit which they cut so it's not like you can make them remove it but you can call them and tell them it's affected your CR and ask them. Try to reach a supervisor or something because the regular reps probably won't get it.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 23, 2015, 12:50:36 PM »
You did have a 10k limit which they cut so it's not like you can make them remove it but you can call them and tell them it's affected your CR and ask them. Try to reach a supervisor or something because the regular reps probably won't get it.
They made a mistake and admitted it. I could probably make them do anything, as long as they have the ability to do it. (If I would appreciate headaches, I could probably sue them in court.) I just don't know what their ability is, and I don't know the smartest "mehalech" to try to solve this.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 23, 2015, 12:51:40 PM »
They made a mistake and admitted it. I could probably make them do anything, as long as they have the ability to do it. (If I would appreciate headaches, I could probably sue them in court.) I just don't know what their ability is, and I don't know the smartest "mehalech" to try to solve this.
Get them to remove the pull :)
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 23, 2015, 12:53:33 PM »
Get them to remove the pull :)
A pull is a standard procedure, so even though it effects the score, I don't mind as much. A credit decrease is a red flag, and could potentially hurt me much more.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #653 on: March 23, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
I'm not so sure about that. They are not reporting anything objectively negative to your CR, other than they reduce your credit lines. The way other cc companies take that is not really their issue. Meaning that there's nothing incorrect or wrong about what they actually reported so I'm not sure you can make them do anything. Either way, I can't imagine that force would do the trick. You gotta HUCA with as many supervisors that you can. Get the number of the highest level rep and give over the sob story.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 23, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
I'm not so sure about that. They are not reporting anything objectively negative to your CR, other than they reduce your credit lines. The way other cc companies take that is not really their issue. Meaning that there's nothing incorrect or wrong about what they actually reported so I'm not sure you can make them do anything. Either way, I can't imagine that force would do the trick. You gotta HUCA with as many supervisors that you can. Get the number of the highest level rep and give over the sob story.
They reported my account to my cousin's credit report. My cousin can definitely sue them. (I don't know if you read up on it, but a while back the credit Experian and their cohorts were sued mega money because of their laxness in stopping mix-ups.)
But anyways, what you're saying is great advice and I'm gonna HUCA HUCA HUCA until there's smoke coming out of my ears.  8)

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 23, 2015, 01:12:29 PM »
They reported my account to my cousin's credit report. My cousin can definitely sue them. (I don't know if you read up on it, but a while back the credit Experian and their cohorts were sued mega money because of their laxness in stopping mix-ups.)
But anyways, what you're saying is great advice and I'm gonna HUCA HUCA HUCA until there's smoke coming out of my ears.  8)
You're saying they reported the account to both you and your cousin? Who'd they name as the primary account holder (they call it "responsibility-primary" or something like that)?

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 23, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »
You're saying they reported the account to both you and your cousin? Who'd they name as the primary account holder (they call it "responsibility-primary" or something like that)?
No. They initially reported the account only to my cousin's reports. After I called them, they corrected it and started reporting only to my reports.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 23, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »
No. They initially reported the account only to my cousin's reports. After I called them, they corrected it and started reporting only to my reports.
So your cousin can't do anything to them because it's not on his CR anymore...

Offline tjak

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 23, 2015, 08:11:46 PM »
I've been trying to get my Experian report from Annual credit report. Every time I get to the last step it tells me sorry we are unable to process your request. Does any one have any advice or a # to call to find out why this is happening? TIA. 

Offline benjie1305

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 23, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
I've been trying to get my Experian report from Annual credit report. Every time I get to the last step it tells me sorry we are unable to process your request. Does any one have any advice or a # to call to find out why this is happening? TIA.

Have you done this already once this year?
Work hard, Play harder!