Author Topic: EL AL Flights Now Bookable with Alaska Mileage Plan  (Read 3260 times)

Offline forums123

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: EL AL Flights Now Bookable with Alaska Mileage Plan
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2024, 08:01:18 AM »
Question - I signed up for the Alaska card and got the 70K bonus miles the month or two ago. There was flight availability showing on a bunch of business class el al NYC to TLV at the time. When they finally awarded my bonus miles I checked again and all of the availability was gone. Do they sometimes add more award availability? Is it cyclical? Not sure how these things work. Would definitely like to use all 70k miles on a business class seat rather than 35K for economy which is a significantly less worthwhile deal.

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2024, 04:47:45 PM »
As with every other airline booking, make sure there's a ticket number for the infant

Alaska saying "We do not have ticket numbers for lap infants, you will only see them when you check in." Not the best sign...

Offline forums123

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2024, 08:36:19 AM »
I just logged on to Alaska to check, and lo and behold, they had my preferred outgoing flight available again! Woohoo! So I booked el al business class EWR to TLV. This will be my first business class flight hopefully, looking forward.

When choosing a seat on el al website, the business class section was almost completely empty, so I'm not sure why it was taken off of Alaska's availability for the last week, I guess that's just the way these airlines operate?

Also, I chose the first seat on the right side, is that a good to seat? Or does it not really matter.

Question - I signed up for the Alaska card and got the 70K bonus miles the month or two ago. There was flight availability showing on a bunch of business class el al NYC to TLV at the time. When they finally awarded my bonus miles I checked again and all of the availability was gone. Do they sometimes add more award availability? Is it cyclical? Not sure how these things work. Would definitely like to use all 70k miles on a business class seat rather than 35K for economy which is a significantly less worthwhile deal.

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2024, 08:51:48 AM »
Also, I chose the first seat on the right side, is that a good to seat? Or does it not really matter.
https://www.elal.com/eng/about-elal/our-fleet

Take a look at the seat map and decide what makes most sense for you.

I personally prefer the even seats, as I feel there is more privacy. Other people prefer the odd ones.

#firstworldproblems ultimately  :)

Offline forums123

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2024, 11:21:22 AM »
Why do some people prefer the odd?

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2024, 11:41:08 AM »
Some people find the even ones claustrophobic

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2024, 02:47:39 PM »
On United people prefer the odd ones as they're closer to the window and more private, On ELAL the even seats are closer to the window

Offline forums123

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 07:45:05 AM »
Question - is it worthwhile to buy Alaska miles to use for el al business class ticket? With the recent 40-50% bonus, 70k miles would cost around $1450 I think.. which is much cheaper than the cash price of el al biz class seats. (Assuming flexibility of travel dates and award availability of course)

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 09:52:41 AM »
Question - is it worthwhile to buy Alaska miles to use for el al business class ticket? With the recent 40-50% bonus, 70k miles would cost around $1450 I think.. which is much cheaper than the cash price of el al biz class seats. (Assuming flexibility of travel dates and award availability of course)

if its much cheaper, then whats the question ?  points post instantly, if your desired flight is available, then go ahead ! for speculative travel then probably not worth it since partnership ending july 31

Offline forums123

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 12:17:06 PM »
Not sure, it's just not something I've heard of people doing, so I want to make sure I'm not doing something dumb.

if its much cheaper, then whats the question ?  points post instantly, if your desired flight is available, then go ahead ! for speculative travel then probably not worth it since partnership ending july 31