Topic Wiki

My view on a statement like Rav Miller's is that whatever happens we are supposed to take a lesson out of it. When a tragedy happens and we say it may have been because of this that or the other thing it is simply to take a lesson from it for personal improvement. It is not to lay fault.
« Last edited by ltttc on January 09, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »

Author Topic: Its Open Season on Jews  (Read 208943 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Its Open Season on Jews
« Reply #1820 on: March 07, 2024, 03:36:22 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #1821 on: March 29, 2024, 04:24:35 AM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/387537

Pic by man who accompanied Oct. 7 terrorists wins prestigious award
Photograph by AP photographer who crossed border with Hamas terrorists depicting terrorists celebrating over body of Shani Louk wins POY photojournalism competition's Team Picture Story of the Year.
Israel National News
  Mar 28, 2024, 3:52 PM (GMT+2)

[Edited slightly]
The photograph that won first place in the prestigious POY photojournalism competition's Team Picture Story of the Year category is a photograph of Hamas terrorists in the back of a truck posing over the corpse of German-Israeli citizen Shani Louk.

20 photographs from the Associated Press (AP) depicting the war that began when Hamas massacred 1,200 people on October 7 received the award. The first of these photographs was taken by Associated Press (AP) photographer Ali Mahmud, who accompanied the terrorists who committed the massacre on October 7, stood by calmy, documented their atrocities unemotionally as they were committed, and captured the terrorists celebrating over Louk's corpse on his camera.

The picture was submitted with the caption: “Palestinian militants drive back to the Gaza Strip with the body of Shani Louk, a German-Israeli dual citizen, during their cross-border attack on Israel, Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023.” In Israel that "attack", during which over 1000 civilians of all ages were brutally attacked, beheaded, burned to death and shot cold, is called a massacre. The so-called "militants" are murderers in a "terrorist army."

The annual award is bestowed by the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute at the University of Missouri's School of Journalism. The prize committee stated, "The militant Hamas rulers of the Gaza Strip carried out an unprecedented, multi-front attack on Israel at daybreak Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023, firing thousands of rockets as dozens of Hamas fighters infiltrated the heavily fortified border in several locations by air, land, and sea and catching the country off-guard on a major holiday."

"Israel's retaliation after Gaza's militant Hamas rulers launched the unprecedented attack on Israel killing over 1,200 Israelis and taking captive dozens, has been fierce for Gaza and its people. Heavy Israeli airstrikes on the enclave have killed thousands of Palestinians."

The decision to give the award to a photographer who accompanied the terrorists as they committed the worst massacre against the Jewish people since the Holocaust was widely condemned.

Israeli Special Envoy for Combatting Antisemitism Michal Cotler-Wunsh wrote on X, "AP won the 'Picture of the Year' award of RJI for the photo of a Palestinian photographer who entered Israel on October 7 together with a mob of murderers and Hamas kidnappers, in order to photograph war crimes and crimes against humanity, including the shocking photo of Shani Louk on the Toyota.

"This is what the normalization of antisemitic hatred looks like. Never again is now," she added.

The Honest Reporting organization stated, "Congratulations to @ap for winning a Pictures of the Year award. How does it feel to do so on the back of Palestinian photojournalists who infiltrated Israel on Oct. 7 and took photos like the one below of Shani Louk's dead body in a Hamas pickup?"

Nissim Louk, Shani's father, told Ynet, "It's good that the photo won the prize, this is one of the most important photos in the last 50 years. These are some of the photos that shape human memory, the Jew raising his hands, the paratroopers at the Western Wall, photos that symbolize an era. This documentation of Shani, and of Noa Argamani on the motorcycle, they symbolize this era. I think it's a good thing to use it to inform the future. If I start crying, what will come of it? This is history. In 100 years they will look and know what happened here. I travel the world and everyone knows who Shani is."

He contrasted the beauty and light of his daughter with the darkness and extremism of her murderers, noting that he asked representatives at the UN whether they were on the side of light or the side of darkness epitomized by Shani's killers.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 01, 2024, 07:00:58 PM »

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #1825 on: April 28, 2024, 10:57:11 AM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/389151
Four men attempt to kidnap orthodox Jew in London
Four, currently unidentified, individuals approached the Jewish man, threatened him, and demanded he get into the truck of their car.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 28, 2024, 12:56:00 PM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/389151
Four men attempt to kidnap orthodox Jew in London
Four, currently unidentified, individuals approached the Jewish man, threatened him, and demanded he get into the truck of their car.

The video only shows one of them approaching him. Of course Met Police will do nothing.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1827 on: April 28, 2024, 07:02:11 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Jellybelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: Yesterday at 05:22:03 PM »
Over YT I was shmoozing with siblings
and was shocked when they told me they got passports for all of their kids.
Later I was talking to a guy from shul who is probably the most levelheaded guy I know and a very conservative investor that told me, he recently made some money on a real estate deal and is using the proceeds to buy real estate in israel even though it’s gonna cost him a lot in taxes.
When I asked him why would he do such a thing, he looked at me like I’m crazy and said don’t you see what’s going on all over the country?? This is exactly how it started in Germany in the early 1930’s!
This was a big wake up call for me.
Just wondering, are people here doing similar hishtadlus?

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1829 on: Yesterday at 05:36:12 PM »
I'm OK, I can always get a south African passp... OK. I can get an English pass.... shoot.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: Yesterday at 06:16:11 PM »
Later I was talking to a guy from shul who is probably the most levelheaded guy I know and a very conservative investor that told me, he recently made some money on a real estate deal and is using the proceeds to buy real estate in israel even though it’s gonna cost him a lot in taxes.
When I asked him why would he do such a thing, he looked at me like I’m crazy and said don’t you see what’s going on all over the country?? This is exactly how it started in Germany in the early 1930’s!

Why does he need real estate in Israel lest there will be a need to "escape" to Israel, is he afraid Israel will close their doors on American Jewry?

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: Yesterday at 06:17:12 PM »
Did the same at the beginning of the war for entire family.

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: Yesterday at 06:58:20 PM »
Why does he need real estate in Israel lest there will be a need to "escape" to Israel, is he afraid Israel will close their doors on American Jewry?

He wanted money out of the US, just in case.....

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: Yesterday at 07:23:46 PM »
He wanted money out of the US, just in case.....
And buying real estate helps with this?

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: Yesterday at 07:25:59 PM »

Discussed many times here. Fight vs. flight: some people are buying guns, others are working on escape plans. To each their own.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1835 on: Yesterday at 07:30:43 PM »
I've always said everyone should always have a valid passport.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.