Author Topic: Venture X New Capital One Premium Card  (Read 144778 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Venture X New Capital One Premium Card
« Reply #820 on: April 08, 2024, 03:03:59 PM »
Based on what they told me they may not refund the full annually fee if u use credit

that may be for downgrading
they refunded my AF in full when i closed it

Offline alacron

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 17, 2024, 12:12:22 PM »
Is it possible to give a guest access to the lounge? Looking to use the lounge today but don't want to pay the full $65 to access it

Offline yoni1983

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: Yesterday at 12:33:13 PM »
Sign-up bonus claw back question.

I opened a Venture X Business card a few months ago. Met the $20k spending requirement to get the initial 150k bonus points. The 3 month deadline for the spending was around 4/28.

A big portion for how I met the bonus was from $7,000 or so of fully refundable Delta tickets that I purchased (for travel from Israel to/from NY).

Now there are better flights available on United for about $800 less.

I've received the 150k signup bonus points already. But I'm also past the 4/28 deadline at this point.

What happens if I refund the Delta tickets now (or at some point in the future) - which retroactively would leave me well under the $20k threshold? Will Capital One claw back the 150k bonus points?

Even if I charge the United tickets to the Cap One card (I'd rather put them on my United Quest card), it would now be after the 4/28 deadline for me.

In the ideal scenario I'd like to buy the United tickets now, and wait to cancel the Delta tickets (which are flights operated by El Al) until closer to the flight date, because the flights are for 6/26-7/21 and at this point I feel safer knowing I have flights on El Al (less likely to be cancelled) than United.

Do I have anything to worry about here in terms of losing the Cap One sign up bonus?

Offline Darth1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: Yesterday at 12:37:46 PM »
I opened a Venture X Business card a few months ago. Met the $20k spending requirement to get the initial 150k bonus points. The 3 month deadline for the spending was around 4/28.

I've received the 150k signup bonus points already. But I'm also past the 4/28 deadline at this point.

What happens if I refund the Delta tickets now (or at some point in the future) - which retroactively would leave me well under the $20k threshold? Will Capital One claw back the 150k bonus points?

Do I have anything to worry about here in terms of losing the Cap One sign up bonus?
IME once they issue the bonus they don't claw back. I only have the personal not the business.