Author Topic: Disputing $25 phone booking fee  (Read 892 times)

Offline aj26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Disputing $25 phone booking fee
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:29:28 PM »
I recently booked tickets on continental. I held the tickets on line and later called up to book. The flight was for me, my wife and infant in lap. When I looked at my credit card bill later, I saw three $25 charges which were for the phone booking fee. I want to dispute this because the phone agent never said anything about a phone booking fee. I figured as long as the reservations were made online, I wouldn't be charged the fee if I just confirmed the flight over the phone. What is the best way to deal with this. Should I call up continental? I charged it using my MC continental card from chase. If I try to dispute it, is there any chance continental would cancel my ticket? What experiences do poeple have disputing charges from chase?
Thanks

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Disputing $25 phone booking fee
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »
Personally, I'd attempt to sort this out with the merchant (CO) first.

If they don't clarify why you were charged, or you're not happy with their explanation or the way in which they address the issue, I'd then escalate by disputing.

You do not have to worry about them cancelling your ticket solely as a result of the dispute.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: Disputing $25 phone booking fee
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 01:12:28 PM »
the one time i got a booking fee waived, i was booking a flight for my younger brother (minor) on Delta, and theres no option to book it online, so i called up and they said they wont charge me for that ticket, but for my ticket (since i was flying with him) i had to book it online if i didnt want to pay the fee!