Topic Wiki

My view on a statement like Rav Miller's is that whatever happens we are supposed to take a lesson out of it. When a tragedy happens and we say it may have been because of this that or the other thing it is simply to take a lesson from it for personal improvement. It is not to lay fault.
« Last edited by ltttc on January 09, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »

Author Topic: Its Open Season on Jews  (Read 209534 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Its Open Season on Jews
« Reply #1840 on: Today at 02:02:13 AM »
Why does he need real estate in Israel lest there will be a need to "escape" to Israel, is he afraid Israel will close their doors on American Jewry?
I personally think people are being somewhat alarmist but there is a wide range of outcomes between 2023 America (completely free, equal, and safe) and 1944 Germany (every suspected ethnic Jew gassed and cremated).

The Holocaust is obviously the most vivid in our mind but we have suffered in dozens/hundreds of countries in many different ways. Hard to know what the right insurance is but I can see obtaining passports, guns, diversifying citizenships, and diversifying investments all as valid options. You never know exactly how the next one will play out.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: Today at 12:24:59 PM »
I'm OK, I can always get a south African passp... OK. I can get an English pass.... shoot.
you cant get a SA Passport
Home affairs are useless, Consulate is useless
takes them years to respond to anything

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
« Reply #1842 on: Today at 06:00:42 PM »
[...]
When I asked him why would he do such a thing, he looked at me like I’m crazy and said don’t you see what’s going on all over the country?? This is exactly how it started in Germany in the early 1930’s!
This was a big wake up call for me.
[...]

Or did that start with the elevation of a professed anti-Semite to power on a platform of anti-Semitism?
By 1935, you had laws that "forbade marriages and extramarital intercourse between Jews and Germans and the
employment of German females under 45 in Jewish households" and "declared that only those of German or related blood
were eligible to be Reich citizens ... [with the remainder classed] ... as state subjects without any citizenship rights."
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Online shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: Today at 06:57:28 PM »
Or did that start with the elevation of a professed anti-Semite to power on a platform of anti-Semitism?
By 1935, you had laws that "forbade marriages and extramarital intercourse between Jews and Germans and the
employment of German females under 45 in Jewish households" and "declared that only those of German or related blood
were eligible to be Reich citizens ... [with the remainder classed] ... as state subjects without any citizenship rights."
What happened before 1935?

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: Today at 07:02:02 PM »
how long before 'antizionism' becomes a platform

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1845 on: Today at 07:49:29 PM »
That did not happen in a vacuum
Feelings don't care about your facts