Author Topic: the state of western universities and college campuses and the danger it causes  (Read 50035 times)

Offline Just A Jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
The picture is in reference to the same war.
Maybe the protester had distinct messages.
1 - NEU kills
2 - Kill all Jews

Or he had one message
NEU kills and has blood on their hands.

Now let me ask you again. What message will the average person think he was making?

The average person with a frame of context of the Israel conflict, or the average ignorant person? I have no clue what the average ignorant person would think, and I don't really care. Anyone with contextbas to the history immediately has that image called to mind, as well as all the other Palestinian imitators over the years calling for the murder of Jews. I can't ignore context just because some people may be ignorant. And if you feel strongly enough about the cause to protest in such a public way, then you can't claim ignorance on its meaning within that context.
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
The average person with a frame of context of the Israel conflict, or the average ignorant person? I have no clue what the average ignorant person would think, and I don't really care. Anyone with contextbas to the history immediately has that image called to mind, as well as all the other Palestinian imitators over the years calling for the murder of Jews. I can't ignore context just because some people may be ignorant. And if you feel strongly enough about the cause to protest in such a public way, then you can't claim ignorance on its meaning within that context.
So if the average person selects the second meaning, they are ignorant?
I have no idea who this protester is.
Do you understand fake blood on hands, face and even the whole body has been used by protesters/activists forever?

Shirt reads "NEU kills" and he shows blood on his hands. If you only see one thing then you are in the EC.

Now since you won't answer the question I will. No, the protesters in the picture I posted were not calling for the killing of Jews.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Dow Jones Industrial Average Tops 40000 for the First Time

Offline Just A Jew

• View Profile
Do you understand fake blood on hands, face and even the whole body has been used by protesters/activists forever?

Shirt reads "NEU kills" and he shows blood on his hands. If you only see one thing then you are in the EC.

Now since you won't answer the question I will. No, the protesters in the picture I posted were not calling for the killing of Jews.

You understand that cross burnings historically had nothing to donwith racism until relatively recent history? A hangman's noose had nothing to do with Black people until the last 8p years or so. We would never allow those images to be co-opted for any previous use it may have had. They are now sacrosanct, out of respect for those who (rightfully) shiver at the more recent connotations. Ignorance is not an excuse.

For all your efforts to educate those in this echo chamber on the way things are viewed from the other side, do you make a fraction as much effort in educating anyone on how repulsive and terrifying this imagery is to us?

ETA: I ask not to jump down your throat about your posts here. The images associated with slavery and Jim Crow have the recognition because people like you didn't tell Black people, "Well this is what it means to the average person, so get over it." They made a point in educating the average person on what those images meant to Black people and eventually made them universally unacceptable. Jews are tired of being told to suck it up. There are more Jews hurt by the image of the bloody hands than there ever were Black slaves in America.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 08:43:33 AM by Just A Jew »
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com

How many time have you said on these forums that we need to look at how blacks view something based on history and then we would understand why it is racist? Why would this be different?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
For all your efforts to educate those in this echo chamber on the way things are viewed from the other side, do you make a fraction as much effort in educating anyone on how repulsive and terrifying this imagery is to us?
Unfair question imo, his personal choice of audience to educate isn’t relevant to the points he makes. Besides, it’s a full time job.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent

Hands *up* covered in blood means one thing and one thing only. When a Jewish politician dressed up on Purim as an NBA player in blackface people didn't say, "he didn't know it had negative connotations, he obviously had something else in mind. But now that you know, don't do that again." They said it was impossible he couldn't know and even if he didn't know, it's such basic knowledge he was treated as though it was intentionally racist.

Even if pro Palestine protestors don't know at the outset what the signs and chants mean, there has been enough talk for long enough that if they don't know now it is willful ignorance. The protestors were absolutely pro Hamas, pro terrorism, not just pro Palestinian people. Which is literally calling for the killing of Jews.

Who was behind coordinating those people to be there? I guarantee you it was an organization or two just like SJP was the driving force behind the encampment protests. There is ZERO chance the organizers didn't know what that symbol meant, they know EXACTLY what it means. So even if some individuals in the photo didn't know (and again, using the standards we use for any other type of racism they would be culpable anyway), the organizers did and a good portion of them also did.

They are calling for killing of Jews. They just couch it in soft terms like "We're calling for resistance against Zionists." But when you ask what forms of resistance are valid, everything is included, including raping women at a music festival.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Everyone made their points. We can move on.

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
WOW! just wow

The most reasonable and eloquently spoken person was the Neturei Karta guy. That should tell you everything.

Also, at least in this instance, this is a very manipulated crowd. There is absolutely no way these are "student" protests.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Unfair question imo, his personal choice of audience to educate isn’t relevant to the points he makes. Besides, it’s a full time job.
Actually it is a fair question. Just by asking it shows me what he thinks.

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
“Are anti-Jewish students not worth protecting ?”🤡

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/status/1788207194950783171

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
“Are anti-Jewish students not worth protecting ?”🤡

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/status/1788207194950783171
At least they're done pretending.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
if you don't give (pal) bloody hands the same wide berth you give a noose or a burning cross
[jeff foxworthy voice]"You maght be an antisemite"

ETA: sorry, posted this before i saw
Everyone made their points. We can move on.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 04:17:40 PM by gozalim »

Offline gutlib

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Breaking:

FIRST ON FOX: A new House Republican bill would send any person charged and convicted for illegal activity on a college campus to Gaza for at least six months.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/college-anti-israel-agitators-could-be-sent-to-gaza-under-new-house-gop-bill/ar-BB1m2Qjf

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
Breaking:

FIRST ON FOX: A new House Republican bill would send any person charged and convicted for illegal activity on a college campus to Gaza for at least six months.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/college-anti-israel-agitators-could-be-sent-to-gaza-under-new-house-gop-bill/ar-BB1m2Qjf
Can they include MAGA?  :P

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
ETA: sorry, posted this before i saw
You didn't have the option to delete?  :)
No problem, the points are 100% clear.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Can they include MAGA?  :P
They have to go to Mar-a-Lago for 6 months.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
They have to go to Mar-a-Lago for 6 months.
Ok so after they have been fully indoctrinated can we ship them out?