Author Topic: AMEX MR transfer to Delta - receiving 50% bonus still alive  (Read 15459 times)

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AMEX MR transfer to Delta - receiving 50% bonus still alive
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »
about the same, most people probably value CO a little higher than DL.  If you want to stay diversified, do 50K to DL to get the 25K MWMs and FO until 2/2013...

Amex just might do a CO offer in the fall to try and keep some CO people around once they split.  Just a swag of mine, no inside info but if I worked for them, I'd at least be running the numbers....

I'm on the fence about this one. 150,000 MR points (all earned through opening cards). I could get 225,000 Delta points or stick them all in Continental. From where I live,  both have limited direct flights but redeeming on Star Alliance through CO/UA could be useful.

In terms of 'value' on the open market which points are worth more?

Offline jladams97

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »
There isn't much time left on this but I do have a Delta Platinum American Express card and so then it sounds like I should quality to benefit from the advance miles feature and as I should still be able to get in on the deal--though with the tight timeframe, I am nervous that I'll end up spending $450 and get nothing for it (none of the other benefits of the card look like they're worth all that much to me). Is there any recourse if that happens or are you just stuck?  Can I get out of the card and get my $450 back?

I'm also concerned about "This offer is valid for first time American Express cardmembers only" which it says if you hover the "1" next to "Earn 50,000 Membership RewardsŪ bonus points after $1,000 spend in first 3 months" on the offer page--since I have the Delta Platinum American Express card as well as a standard green corporate American Express card

Would that standard green corporate American Express card, which my wife also has, be sufficient to make her eligible to immediately benefit from advance miles or will she be stuck with the 3 month wait, in which case the Delta deal will have run out?

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
iM not sure if to do this..It expires in a few hours.Does it pay if i want to use the miles for israel? How does delta work for israel as i understand theres no fuel surcharge from the us.

Offline est

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2011, 12:09:41 AM »
i know this is over but for info - can i combine two different credit card accounts that have 25,000 points each into one delta account?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
i know this is over but for info - can i combine two different credit card accounts that have 25,000 points each into one delta account?

If Delta has the same name on both accounts they can be merged.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline est

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2011, 09:00:31 PM »

If Delta has the same name on both accounts they can be merged.
meaning... when i link my cc account to a delta account i should create two accounts with one name? how do i link the accounts anyway?

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »
meaning... when i link my cc account to a delta account i should create two accounts with one name? how do i link the accounts anyway?
Easiest way is by phone: 1-800-axp-earn
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »

You have two of which accounts? Two Amex accounts or two Delta accounts? Are both accounts in the same name?

Offline est

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »
two amex accounts i so far opened one delta account but didnt link anything to it yet.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2011, 11:57:39 PM »
two amex accounts i so far opened one delta account but didnt link anything to it yet.

Same name or not, if the same it shouldn't be a problem. If spouses you can call and they should combine them for you.

If you both signed up for the Plat or Gold you should definitely get matched to 75k/100k offers. You should consider transferring to BA, as they've got a 50% bonus promo going on.

Offline 3ZeroT

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »
Just a word of warning for the heavy hitters on this offer - I noticed today my Skymiles balance went from 300 to -170,000 (yes that's a negative) on my most current Skymiles account.  I had done the 50% bonus 3 other times over the past year on other Skymiles accounts (which were not even merged into this one) so looks like they are getting more proactive about checking this and taking back the miles.  Luckily I don't actually fly Delta, I'm practically Skybanned!