Author Topic: What Are You Eating?  (Read 754047 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: What Are You Eating?
« Reply #5000 on: Today at 07:00:06 AM »
I don't think it was ever certified by one of those. It was previously OK and I believe currently Udvari
But the food is very good, so it makes up for it ;)
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #5001 on: Today at 07:15:48 AM »
I don't think it was ever certified by one of those. It was previously OK and I believe currently Udvari
Correct, it never was one of those. But there were days that I was more trusting naïve, and that was when I used to eat there. I lived five minutes away for most of my life. Even when I stopped eating absolutely anything, the presence of a mashgiach tzamud reinforced my decision and I continued eating there.
The conversation with my Rebbe was a wake-up call, and this was before my brother-in-law got his job in Kashrus.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: Today at 08:38:18 AM »
Correct, it never was one of those. But there were days that I was more trusting naïve, and that was when I used to eat there. I lived five minutes away for most of my life. Even when I stopped eating absolutely anything, the presence of a mashgiach tzamud reinforced my decision and I continued eating there.
The conversation with my Rebbe was a wake-up call, and this was before my brother-in-law got his job in Kashrus.
that always had mashgiach tzamud. If no one I'd checking in on the mashgiach on a minimum weekly, even better, daily basis, it's not worth much. There needs to be accountability

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #5003 on: Today at 09:57:59 AM »
that always had mashgiach tzamud. If no one I'd checking in on the mashgiach on a minimum weekly, even better, daily basis, it's not worth much. There needs to be accountability
Like I said, I no longer eat there...  ;D
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Definitions2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: Today at 11:02:09 AM »
Checking in on the mashgiach? Why?
He only let me eat Tartikover Rav and Tartikover BD on restaurants, as well as Kehila Kashrus if they use Bodek but not if they check their own veggies. Although were I to be back there, I would ask him again.
This restaurant checks their own produce. I asked a mashgiach there a few months ago. I personally don't trust their checking and don't eat leafy stuff from most places.

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: Today at 12:46:00 PM »
Checking in on the mashgiach? Why?
I can't believe that's actually a question