Author Topic: 25% Off Modern Mattresses & Bedframes  (Read 930 times)

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
25% Off Modern Mattresses & Bedframes
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »
I work for a company that incubated a startup that developed a millennial focused, fast and tool-less assembly bed frame with USB ports + an ingeniously advanced, foam-like mattress delivered-to-door. I bought my own mattress at manufactured cost a few weeks ago prior to launch, and without going into too much detail, I'll just say it's amazing.. no bias, lol. As part of the parent company, employees received codes for 25% off to give to friends and family...

As a 5-year DD'er, you guys are all my friends :) However, I feel conflicted that publishing the company/product info and discount code would verge on violating the commercial advertising due to my company connection, though I don't work directly for the startup...

Anyone in a position to comment..?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:46:51 PM by CopyJosh »

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: 25% Off Modern Mattresses & Bedframes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
I didn't really get a conclusion one-way or the other so I'll just post and I apologize if this ends up being removed.

The product is officially known as the Pons bed, and it's a fast, tool-less assembly bed frame with built-in USB ports + an ingenious mattress. You can check it out at: http://ponsevolution.com

If you use my employee code JoshuaTPONS by March 10, you can score 25% off ANY order.

Mattresses are in every size from Twin->California King but the Queen size frame is the only bed frame currently available (in three colors/woods). The bed frame runs $899 after the discount, and a queen mattress runs at $674 after the 25% off.

Enjoy!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 04:31:15 PM »
Somehow your product reminds me of Casper, which (Queen foundation + Queen mattress) would be much cheaper than the one you're plugging here.

What exactly is ingenious about the mattress?

I can't imagine a DDFer would even consider an $899 bedframe just because it's easy to install and has USB ports, sounds like a gimmick Millennials would fall for, you might be in the wrong place.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
Casper is definitely a competitor in this market space. But buying their advertised Casper Queen Foundation + Queen Mattress is essentially reverting to the old-fashioned box-spring design, all while running up a $1900 price tag. Definitely cannot imagine anyone here falling for that "gimmick"!! ;P

The PONs Queen mattress is engineered such that no additional box-spring/foundation etc. should enter the equation. Essentially, you're getting everything you need in the mattress at $674 for a Queen (after 25% coupon). You can check out the website for the specific engineering into the mattress.

The bed frame is definitely another story, and probably not on the radar for most people here. But people know people. I certainly wouldn't buy it myself at retail price, and I didn't buy it at discount either (yet.. I might buy it later for an Air BnB property I manage), but the ship-to-door, easy assembly and disassembly is targeting a market that will move up to 3-5 times just between the ages of twenty and thirty. The ease of assembly/disassembly presents an opportunity to invest in a solid piece of furniture you can take with you instead of kicking it to the curb and buying a new one wherever you go– so yes, it is certainly a grab at millennials lol.

To each their own! I think the mattress it the real sell in this one, but the bed frame definitely has appeal to certain lifestyles.