Author Topic: Next Vacation - Ideas  (Read 1149688 times)

Offline Tzadik Nistar

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Next Vacation - Ideas
« Reply #6700 on: December 28, 2023, 02:12:40 PM »
Have loads of HH points to burn
looking for a mid week trip to a Caribbean destination
Top tier Hilton with kosher food nearby (one restaurant for dinner is sufficient)

Is there anything?

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: December 28, 2023, 02:42:09 PM »
Have loads of HH points to burn
looking for a mid week trip to a Caribbean destination
Top tier Hilton with kosher food nearby (one restaurant for dinner is sufficient)

Is there anything?
You can do a search on Hilton for "Caribbean" with your dates (you don't need to input a specific country in the region).

Here's a list of Chabads in the region: https://www.jewishpuertorico.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/1844784/jewish/Caribbean-Jewish-Centers.htm

Cancun/Playa/Cozumel will have the most restaurants.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: December 28, 2023, 07:34:57 PM »
Worth going to PRG from 10am Friday-7am Sunday? Is Shabbos nice at Chabad there?

Anyone been for Shabbos to Chabad of LIS? DUB? AMS? MXP?
Is EDI also available?  It's great for Shabbos.  The tourist drag is a long street that you walk along.  Chabad has meals and is close by.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Traveler4ever

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: January 03, 2024, 09:32:29 PM »
Looking for an economical vacation idea. Taking along Two children under five.  Planning a four day vacation in February within the USA. Prefer a warm climate and mainly nature based. Thinking of Palm Springs or Miami. Would love mountains, but no snow or cold weather. Any suggestions?

Offline Traveler4ever

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: January 03, 2024, 10:00:00 PM »
Anyone did route 1 road trip in CA with children? Is that feasible?

Offline RewardsAddict

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6705 on: January 03, 2024, 11:25:55 PM »
Looking for an economical vacation idea. Taking along Two children under five.  Planning a four day vacation in February within the USA. Prefer a warm climate and mainly nature based. Thinking of Palm Springs or Miami. Would love mountains, but no snow or cold weather. Any suggestions?

My kids love San Diego. Beautiful beaches, awesome zoo/safari and the theme parks. (Sesame street, sea world…)

Offline Tzadik Nistar

• View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: January 04, 2024, 01:49:23 PM »
Playa vs GH Bahamas
anyone can compare the two, pros and cons?
I see playa has more options of food besides GH, but Bahamas looks nicer and more relaxed.
anyone willing to chime in?

Offline cgr

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: January 04, 2024, 01:58:18 PM »
Playa vs GH Bahamas
anyone can compare the two, pros and cons?
I see playa has more options of food besides GH, but Bahamas looks nicer and more relaxed.
anyone willing to chime in?
Bahamas is quieter and more relaxed. No nightlife at all. Beaches are nicer, but that's all there is.

Playa has lots of kosher food and more "fun". Also you can do lots of excursions for varying interests.

Really depends if you're looking to be at the beach all day, or if you prefer activities.

Offline Traveler4ever

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: January 04, 2024, 08:14:45 PM »
Thank you! Was thinking of maybe doing two days from SF to LA, and on to Palm Springs for a total of a week. Any minyanim in Monterey/Big Sur area or anywhere close to halfway point to stop overnight?

Offline Traveler4ever

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: January 08, 2024, 04:05:44 PM »
My kids love San Diego. Beautiful beaches, awesome zoo/safari and the theme parks. (Sesame street, sea world…)

Thanks! After looking into a few different options and reaching dead ends regarding attractions, (Palm springs and Miami) I really am all for San Diego! Where would u recommend I stay? Would love a nice resort property paying cash.

Offline RewardsAddict

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: January 08, 2024, 11:26:20 PM »
Thanks! After looking into a few different options and reaching dead ends regarding attractions, (Palm springs and Miami) I really am all for San Diego! Where would u recommend I stay? Would love a nice resort property paying cash.

I stayed in Carlsbad, there is a beautiful Hyatt resort property there I booked using points. We were looking at the Andaz San Diego and Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. I’m not sure about cash though, I always use points

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: January 09, 2024, 04:37:37 PM »
Costa Rica or Arizona?

(no kids)

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: January 09, 2024, 09:32:24 PM »
Costa Rica or Arizona?

(no kids)

Costa Rica

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: January 10, 2024, 11:36:35 PM »
Looking for a vacation spot to go on with my wife for 5 days (4 nights). Should be warm,  not too packed (especially with bathing suits), and has minyanim (at least most of the time). Prefer a place with empty beaches.
In terms of accommodations, I have 100,000 Hyatt points and 400,000 Chase points (although I no longer have the Sapphire Reserve  :'(). I also have about 300,000 Amex points.
I thought the Bahamas would be a great option (very cheap flights, short flights, great flight time options, good hotel conversion rate, etc.) but now I'm being told that the will be bathing suits everywhere, no matter what we do. Any other options that aren't too far and won't cost an arm and a leg?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 11:47:05 PM by Sammy82 »

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #6714 on: January 10, 2024, 11:50:20 PM »
Looking for a vacation spot to go on with my wife for 5 days (4 nights). Should be warm,  not too packed (especially with bathing suits), and has minyanim (at least most of the time). Prefer a place with empty beaches.
In terms of accommodations, I have 100,000 Hyatt points and 400,000 Chase points (although I no longer have the Sapphire Reserve  :'(). I also have about 300,000 Amex points.
I thought the Bahamas would be a great option (very cheap flights, short flights, great flight time options, good hotel conversion rate, etc.) but now I'm being told that the will be bathing suits everywhere, no matter what we do. Any other options that aren't too far and won't cost an arm and a leg?
LAX

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #6715 on: January 11, 2024, 10:13:17 AM »
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=81038.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline shlomooo

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: January 11, 2024, 10:24:52 AM »

Can someone either confirm or deny of what is being told about vibe in Bahamas( without starting a whole tznius debate.. )
Does it compare to GHK and PDC (Mayakoba) in regards to this subject?

Looks like that someone is Dan from the Bahamas thread :-), Oh well

@Sammy82 Andaz Mayakoba might be a good choice

« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 10:36:52 AM by shlomooo »

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #6717 on: January 11, 2024, 10:38:13 AM »
Can someone either confirm or deny of what is being told about vibe in Bahamas( without starting a whole tznius debate.. )
Does it compare to GHK and PDC (Mayakoba) in regards to this subject?

Thanks
Haven't been to the GHK, the Baha Mar is a beach resort.. 

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: January 11, 2024, 07:02:42 PM »
Thank you all. I ended up booking the Hyatt Regency La Jolla At Aventine. Seems like a great option (nice weather, minyanim, a few kosher options, tons non-bathing-suit activities).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6719 on: January 11, 2024, 07:29:00 PM »
Thank you all. I ended up booking the Hyatt Regency La Jolla At Aventine. Seems like a great option (nice weather, minyanim, a few kosher options, tons non-bathing-suit activities).
La Jolla's a great choice.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.