Author Topic: What Award Itinerary Did You Just Book/Hold?  (Read 910309 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: What Award Itinerary Did You Just Book/Hold?
« Reply #1660 on: January 05, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »
You can do SIN in 2 days, CNX in 3 days, and USM in 2 days if you want.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 05, 2016, 05:55:50 PM »
You can do SIN in 2 days, CNX in 3 days, and USM in 2 days if you want.

That's exactly what I did, but I fealt very rushed and wouldn't suggest it to others. I would've enjoyed an extra day in CNX and an extra day in USM.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1662 on: January 05, 2016, 05:56:40 PM »
It is rushed, but doable IMHO.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 05, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »

Ill see how many days we end up having. If it's 7, I'll prob go for 2 places. 8-9, then 3.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 05, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
Some people don't travel like you and others (including myself) do at a rushed pace. I can hear it being not enjoyable for some travelers while perfectly fine for others.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1665 on: January 05, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
Anyone know, if it's two sep awards, would I get EY chauffeur in AUH?

Two AA awards with same PNR = no
Two AA awards with different PNR = yes

Because separating the PNRs would require double cancellation fees and loss of IRROPS protection, it looks like I'll be missing out on chauffeur in AUH. Bummer.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 05, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »
Some people don't travel like you and others (including myself) do at a rushed pace. I can hear it being not enjoyable for some travelers while perfectly fine for others.
Honestly it doesn't sound too bad to me.
2 days in USM can be spent relaxing at the Conrad.
3 days in CNX covers shabbos, the animal shows, an elephant ride, and the markets.
2 days in SIN covers the night safari, botanical gardens, marina bay pool, flyer, chinese market, and Sentosa.

Sure you could do that trip in 2 weeks, but with 7 full days it's definitely doable.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1667 on: January 05, 2016, 07:11:18 PM »
My personal recommendations would be:

3 days 2 nights in USM
5 days 4 nights in CNX
4 days 3 nights in SIN

Anything less and you're robbing yourself.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 05, 2016, 07:13:13 PM »
3 days in CNX covers shabbos, the animal shows, an elephant ride, and the markets.
2 days in SIN covers the night safari, botanical gardens, marina bay pool, flyer, chinese market, and Sentosa.

Sure you could do that trip in 2 weeks, but with 7 full days it's definitely doable.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but some people think 2 days anywhere is too few. I'm having a hard time coming up with what to do in SIN Fri-Mon late night. All the aforementioned activities don't take that long.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 05, 2016, 07:14:54 PM »

3 days 2 nights in USM
5 days 4 nights in CNX
4 days 3 nights in SIN

Yeah, I have 3 night in SIN, but I arrive at 3:30am and leave at midnight , so I'm totally maximizing the time there while I assume you didn't mean 4 full days like that.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 05, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »
Having internal conflict, need help from masses.

MEL-AUH-IAD // DCA-JFK on EY F A380 then EY F 787 where connections are great, allows me to leave MEL on on Saturday night and be home on Sunday night, but requires I switch airports from IAD to DCA (perhaps EY would drive me?)
or
MEL-AUH-JFK on A380x2 but connection is terrible. I'd arrive AUH at 06:35 and would depart 21 hours later at 03:25, only arriving in JFK at 910am on Monday.

What would you do?

Forgot something important (to me at least).

With both options, if I continue onto LAX, I'd lose EY chauffeur. Because there is a 100% chance I'd need to get back to NYC on the first option (where I'd definitely lose it) but only a 25% chance I'd take the LAX flight, it makes more sense for me to do the second option and scrap the LA part.

Not sure if that made sense, but essentially, even though I'd love to take the JFK-LAX in AA F, the odds are, following a two week vacation, that I won't be able to swing a quick trip to LAX, even for Beverly Hills Thai. If I'm not going to LAX, I may as well have a 100% shot at EY Chauffeur home.

A380x2 seems the way to go.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 05, 2016, 07:15:59 PM »
Yeah, I have 3 night in SIN, but I arrive at 3:30am and leave at midnight , so I'm totally maximizing the time there while I assume you didn't mean 4 full days like that.

Personally, I did 5 nights CNX (shabb inc.), 4 nights SIN (shabb inc.), and 4 nights USM (shabb inc.).

And it was glorious.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 05, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »
Forgot something important (to me at least).

With both options, if I continue onto LAX, I'd lose EY chauffeur. Because there is a 100% chance I'd need to get back to NYC on the first option (where I'd definitely lose it) but only a 25% chance I'd take the LAX flight, it makes more sense for me to do the second option and scrap the LA part.

Not sure if that made sense, but essentially, even though I'd love to take the JFK-LAX in AA F, the odds are, following a two week vacation, that I won't be able to swing a quick trip to LAX, even for Beverly Hills Thai. If I'm not going to LAX, I may as well have a 100% shot at EY Chauffeur home.

A380x2 seems the way to go.
I think A380 > Chauffeur service. I'm also missing out because  I actually need to get to LAX.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 05, 2016, 07:21:37 PM »
Personally, I did 5 nights CNX (shabb inc.), 4 nights SIN (shabb inc.), and 4 nights USM (shabb inc.).

And it was glorious.
Well having 3 night but all day Fri and Monday is basically 4 nights, since if I'd spend Thursday night in SIN I'd end up getting a later start than I would if I start my day when I land at 3:30a which is the plan.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 05, 2016, 07:21:53 PM »
I think A380 > Chauffeur service. I'm also missing out because  I actually need to get to LAX.

Well, you have to decide between them. For me, switching to A380 means I also get chauffeur in NYC.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 05, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »

3 days 2 nights in USM
5 days 4 nights in CNX
4 days 3 nights in SIN

With 9 nights that sounds great, but given a 7 night constraint, I maintain my position and don't feel that there's anything major that you would miss.
You've given a 9 night itinerary, feel free to propose your own 7 night itin and what activities I missed.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 05, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
Well, you have to decide between them. For me, switching to A380 means I also get chauffeur in NYC.
I know. Lucky you. All I'll get is a ride to LGA, if anything.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 05, 2016, 08:06:57 PM »
I know. Lucky you. All I'll get is a ride to LGA, if anything.

You don't :P

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 05, 2016, 08:08:38 PM »
With 9 nights that sounds great, but given a 7 night constraint, I maintain my position and don't feel that there's anything major that you would miss.
You've given a 9 night itinerary, feel free to propose your own 7 night itin and what activities I missed.

It's just not worth shlepping to USM for one night at the Conrad. Even from BKK.

And, there's no practical way to accomplish what you're suggesting in SIN in 2 days.

Offline Yehoshua

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 05, 2016, 08:11:49 PM »
You don't :P
If I terminated my EY travel I won't because I'm continuing to LAX or because jfk-lax will open?