Author Topic: amazon refund  (Read 2735 times)

Offline redman

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
amazon refund
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
Bought an item ( tankless water heater) on Amazon, opened it to find that materials used to make the item can cause cancer and birth defects.  I decided I don't want my young daughters near this (installation in bathroom). Made my concerns known to Amazon. They credited my American Express for the full amount, but the company which actually shipped the item refuses a return because it was opened (but not installed or defaced in any way). Does Amazon have the option of rescinding the refund?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:03:14 PM by redman »

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: amazon refund
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »
Bought an item ( tankless water heater) on Amazon, opened it to find that materials used to make the item can cause cancer and birth defects.  I decided I don't want my young daughters near this (installation in bathroom). Made my concerns known to Amazon. They credited my American Express for the full amount, but the company which actually shipped the item refuses a return because it was opened. Does Amazon have the option of rescinding the refund?

contact amazon. you should have no issues. amazon will probably just leave you the credit and that's it
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
how much was item? by me I had the same issue but the item was about $10

Online A3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
amazon refund
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »
Save that email and use Amex return protection as well.

Offline redman

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
The item was $200. What gets me is that the cancer warning was on page one of the instruction manual, so I had to open the item to discover that, which made it un-returnable.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:58:40 PM by redman »

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
Bought an item ( tankless water heater) on Amazon, opened it to find that materials used to make the item can cause cancer and birth defects.  I decided I don't want my young daughters near this (installation in bathroom). Made my concerns known to Amazon. They credited my American Express for the full amount, but the company which actually shipped the item refuses a return because it was opened (but not installed or defaced in any way). Does Amazon have the option of rescinding the refund?

On a separate note there are many items that "can cause cancer and birth defects" though depending where they come from they don't necessarily have it stated on the item.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
I bought a Brita water pitcher just to open it and find that it was broken.  When I contacted them, they said they would refund it and asked me to send it back.  After I argued with them for a bit saying what's the point of sending something back that's broken they agreed and said not to worry about it, so chances are you're fine.

Online A3

• View Profile
amazon refund
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »
I bought a Brita water pitcher just to open it and find that it was broken.  When I contacted them, they said they would refund it and asked me to send it back.  After I argued with them for a bit saying what's the point of sending something back that's broken they agreed and said not to worry about it, so chances are you're fine.

That's weird. If that was my company I would make you send it back anyways. So 1-I can send back to the manufacturer.
2- Not everyone can be trusted
Or 3- to fin out why is broke in transit, to find out where the packaging error happened.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
Amazon is well known to trust their customers (buyers only) without any proof....
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline MarkS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
A drop off topic - I bought a box of diapers S&S with Amazon the other day. I realized that it would take a long time to get to me so I called asking if they could switch it to faster shipping method. They said sorry- it's too late to switch, and offered to 'compensate' me with a $20 credit!!

Offline Cholentfresser

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
A drop off topic - I bought a box of diapers S&S with Amazon the other day. I realized that it would take a long time to get to me so I called asking if they could switch it to faster shipping method. They said sorry- it's too late to switch, and offered to 'compensate' me with a $20 credit!!
Cool!
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline WhyAich

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »
they're the best :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:14:44 PM by WhyAich »
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com