Author Topic: JetBlue Cancels Return Flight For Passenger Who Complained About Palestinian Pin  (Read 323 times)

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/news/airline-news/flight-incident-jetblue-apologizes-changes-crewmember-pin-policy/

I feel like @Dan is missing what many commenters are trying to say by his repeated reply of "JetBlue wrote to us that the employees would be dealt with after an internal review of the incident."

The real (only?) issue is canceling his flight and calling the cops for no verifiable reason. The Pin is a distraction. The real results should be that Jet Blue changes Crewmember cancelling flight policy, and reimburse Mr.Faust. And that would even be true if they said that they investigated the incident and conclude that 'although the employee made a poor choice, at no point did the the employee violate any policy with the Pin". (Obviously/hopefully what they did to cancel his flight went against company policy)

Jet Blues' changing the pin policy is a distraction, and looks like Dan fell for it with the article. More appropriate headline would be "Jet Blue changes Pin policy, but is that addressing the issue?"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 08:57:36 AM by username »
^^^

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Like I said, the airline is still investigating the incident.

I'm talking to the passenger soon, are there any questions besides for what the airline did to compensate him?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Like I said, the airline is still investigating the incident.

I'm talking to the passenger soon, are there any questions besides for what the airline did to compensate him?

I don't know that there are questions for the passenger. I agree with @username the main issue is flight crews having so much power with seemingly so little oversight or repercussions. On the one hand the crew absolutely needs the capability to remove passengers who pose a risk, OTOH, we've been seeing this power get abused way too often (since Covid?).

Do we need to get FAs to start wearing body cameras? The cell phone passenger videos - when they exist - usually only start after the infraction has happened.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
I don't know that there are questions for the passenger. I agree with @username the main issue is flight crews having so much power with seemingly so little oversight or repercussions. On the one hand the crew absolutely needs the capability to remove passengers who pose a risk, OTOH, we've been seeing this power get abused way too often (since Covid?).

Do we need to get FAs to start wearing body cameras? The cell phone passenger videos - when they exist - usually only start after the infraction has happened.

I can't figure out how it is that we don't have the entire cabin every every plane recorded by surveillance cameras.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online HudZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
I can't figure out how it is that we don't have the entire cabin every every plane recorded by surveillance cameras.
Always wondered the same.

Perhaps it is for these reasons, Airlines purposely avoid it.
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
There was supposed to be post 9/11, but FA and Pilot unions don't want them.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
There was supposed to be post 9/11, but FA and Pilot unions don't want them.
Of course not because this way they can avoid liability
Feelings don't care about your facts