Topic Wiki

Sam's Club deal: "Get a 1X $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $20 or more online at samsclub.com by 9/30/2015. Offer not valid in Club or on pickup program orders paid for in Club."
The spending could comprise multiple transactions that total $20 or more; there is no need for any one transaction to be at least $20.

Sorry, max # of Card Members have enrolled in #AmexSamsClub offer.

If you do not have membership, there is a 10% surcharge on every item on Samsclub.com.

Temporary Membership
Temporary membership with its home address in California does NOT pay the surcharge, and can ship to anywhere - even out of CA.

Regular Membership http://www.samsclub.com/sams/pagedetails/content.jsp?pageName=aboutSams
sam's plus $100/year The LivingSocial deal expired.
sam's business $45/year
sam's savings $45/year

Military Membership - A Membership exclusively for active and retired military personnel and their spouses. Get a $15 gift card when you join or renew as a Sam’s Savings™ or Sam’s Business™ member or a $25 gift card when you join or renew as a Sam’s Plus™ member.
Collegiate Membership - A Membership exclusively for college students. Get a $15 Sam’s Club Gift Card.

From the Sam’s Club Refund Policy: "We will refund any Member's membership, in full, at any time, if they are NOT satisfied for any reason."

Gift cards
You can buy gift cards at samsclub.com to get the Amex credit. Samsclub.com sells many physical and egift cards at a discount. You can also buy Sam's Club gift cards at face value with free shipping. Sam's Club gift cards can be used either at Sam's Club in club, samsclub.com, at Walmart stores and walmart.com.
Gift of membership cards can be used as regular $45 gift cards. If you ship these to most states, sales tax is added to your order but your card will still only be worth $45. You will get your full value only if you can ship them to one of the few states where sales tax is not added.
For a completely free purchase, use the Sam's Club Android app to buy two $10 Sam's Club gift cards, or four of them if you are splitting the payment between two enrolled Amex cards. (There is a minimum quantity of 10 cards if you order these on the web site; the Android app does not have this minimum.)

Offer Valid Until 9/30/15.

1)Note that the charge has to post by that date. Be sure to order at least a few days before then to give time for the order to process.

2)Note that purchasing an item with an Amex and returning it in store, will result in a refund on your Amex card, not store credit or cash.

Great Doctor ofCredit article explaining details of promotion

Dans MS Posts
Receive $20 Off $20 At SamsClub.com Via Amex Offers
HOT! Get (A Lifetime Supply Of) Free Diapers And Wipes From Sam’s Club With AMEX Offers!
K-Cups On Sale From Sam’s Club

Filler Items
Zebra F-301 Ballpoint Pen - Blue Ink - 102594 $1.98
uni-ball Jetstream Ballpoint Stick Pen, Black Ink - Medium - 880587 $2.18
Highland - Economy Masking Tape, 3/4" x 60yds, 3" Core - Cream  $1.78

Author Topic: Amex $20 samsclub.com offer, ended 9/30/2015  (Read 266882 times)

Offline enginerd

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Amex $20 Sams Club Offer!
« Reply #1240 on: July 16, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »
Did they take away the option to split payment on to two credit cards at checkout?  I'm not seeing it anymore...but maybe I'm just missing something.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:24 AM »
Did they take away the option to split payment on to two credit cards at checkout?  I'm not seeing it anymore...but maybe I'm just missing something.
Did you check multiple payment boxes?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline enginerd

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 16, 2015, 11:31:31 AM »
Did you check multiple payment boxes?

I don't see an option to do so...

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 16, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
I don't see an option to do so...
How many cards have you added as payment methods?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline enginerd

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 16, 2015, 11:34:51 AM »
How many cards have you added as payment methods?

Ahh, that was the problem - I didn't hit "save payment info" when I put the first one in, so when I added the second, it kicked the first one out.  Thanks Marco Polo!

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: July 22, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
The wait was worth it! Sorry I got busy on Friday and totally forgot to post.. But yes, I can confirm that the gift of membership card is indeed a gift card with a pin and everything.... It is used exactly as a gift card in both walmart stores and sams club. Activation is also easier I just clicked activate on the email they sent, and 10 min later the card was up and running... One word of caution: when ordering in several states there will be tax for the membership (I did one to a tax free state, and one to a tax state). The only way to avoid that tax is to physically ship to a state that doesen't charge tax (Ohio, Florida, etc..). If your card does get the extra tax charge your gift card will NOT reflect that. It's a royal pain to get them to add it at the store. I did, but not worth the effort.
Thanks for the tip and apologies for my earlier skepticism. I ordered four of them and sent to FL with no sales tax. It's just what you said it would be.

Online tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 22, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »
Thanks for the tip and apologies for my earlier skepticism. I ordered four of them and sent to FL with no sales tax. It's just what you said it would be.
No problem. Happy it worked out for you.

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 23, 2015, 03:05:20 AM »
Has anybody figured out a way to consistently activated these problematic gift cards? Mine came yesterday but I still can't get them to activate. I called twice and they opened a reference ticket and told me to wait a few days.

Offline abo456

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 23, 2015, 03:56:13 AM »
Has anybody figured out a way to consistently activated these problematic gift cards? Mine came yesterday but I still can't get them to activate. I called twice and they opened a reference ticket and told me to wait a few days.

I called the number on the back of my gift cards and the representative activated it immediately, no reference ticket or nothin! Of course, the receipt with the gift cards didn't mention needing activation, I only figured it out after trying to make a walmart purchase and the gift card wouldn't work.

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 23, 2015, 04:41:21 AM »

I called the number on the back of my gift cards and the representative activated it immediately, no reference ticket or nothin! Of course, the receipt with the gift cards didn't mention needing activation, I only figured it out after trying to make a walmart purchase and the gift card wouldn't work.

I assume you tried clicking the link in the email first and it didn't work?

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 23, 2015, 08:28:58 AM »

I assume you tried clicking the link in the email first and it didn't work?
I had an issue, which I realized afterwards was my fault, as I clicked the wrong link.. Anyways, a very helpful phone rep was able to activate it on the spot..

Offline am77

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 23, 2015, 11:13:49 AM »
I bought a membership a few months ago on 2 amex cards and got the $20 credit on each I want to cancel the membership now if I spend another $20 on each of those cards will I still keep my credit even though the original charge was refunded?

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 23, 2015, 12:16:25 PM »
I bought a membership a few months ago on 2 amex cards and got the $20 credit on each I want to cancel the membership now if I spend another $20 on each of those cards will I still keep my credit even though the original charge was refunded?
The original credit should be clawed back and you will receive a new credit

Offline Yhgfkj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 23, 2015, 01:18:22 PM »
how is the best way to cancel this membership, is it possible by phone or it needs to be done in club

Offline am77

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:54 PM »
The original credit should be clawed back and you will receive a new credit
I was planning on spending the new $20 before I cancel the membership will it still work like that?

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 23, 2015, 02:20:51 PM »
how is the best way to cancel this membership, is it possible by phone or it needs to be done in club
Phone is fine.

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 23, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »
I was planning on spending the new $20 before I cancel the membership will it still work like that?
Hmm I doubt it. The offer is not available again on your card until the old charge is reversed

Offline ayman

• View Profile
    • Simplify Shopping
« Reply #1257 on: July 24, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »
Can I guy SC gc with WM gc? split payments?
Buy discounted gift cards from me.
www.simplifyshopping.com

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:21 PM »
Can I guy SC gc with WM gc? split payments?
They cancel the order if you pay for gift card with gift card. You can pay with two credit cards.

Offline Yhgfkj

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 28, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
now its available $10 sams club gift cards but it has a limt of  Min 10 per order. :P