Author Topic: swiss air denies frum passengers boarding to TLV  (Read 1058 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: swiss air denies frum passengers boarding to TLV
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 03:00:47 AM »
Was a very interesting read. Enjoyed it overall.

I know that writing something up (that will be enjoyable for others to read) can take extremely long.
And no-one wants to waste their time writing something up, that won't be read by many... So just a tip for you, make sure it's nice and polished, so it can be a smooth read, understandable and of course enjoyable.   Also keep in mind, the shorter, the better.   Though it can be very hard to make TR's concise, it's your best chance to keep readers entertained, and interested... @AsherO 's quote from Mark Twain which he mentioned yesterday, puts it all in perspective. "I would've written you a shorter letter, but didn't have the time".
Indeed! I can probably cut my words in half and still come out with the same story. It's just the way of me writing. When I write short and to the point, I find it harder to portray the idea and story.   

When reading books from Jewish writers like Nachman Seltzer, who can cram so much in a few hundred pages(no pun intended)and makes the book sound alive, is definitely a true talent.   Comes to mind becuase i was listening today to the Artscroll podcast about Angels in Orange about the writing of the book and the author.  Speaking about NS and his writing skills.

I just re-read my post above.  Can definitely use some help as the spelling and punctuations are pretty bad. Seems like I didn't do a proper job proof reading my post.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:11:07 AM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline 613Ari

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 03:28:43 AM »
Indeed! I can probably cut my words in half and still come out with the same story. It's just the way of me writing. When I write short and to the point, I find it harder to portray the idea and story.   

When reading books from Jewish writers like Nachman Seltzer, who can cram so much in a few hundred pages(no pun intended)and makes the book sound alive, is definitely a true talent.   Comes to mind becuase i was listening today to the Artscroll podcast about Angels in Orange about the writing of the book and the author.  Speaking about NS and his writing skills.

I just re-read my post above.  Can definitely use some help as the spelling and punctuations are pretty bad. Seems like I didn't do a proper job proof reading my post.

I actually thought it was a great read your whole long story, glad that it all worked out in the end, I'm not no crazy reader or anything but your story was very clear, I understood evening. I do happen to know Nachmen Seltzer personally, so if you want me to connect you with him... I'm done writing tips... Even though I thought it was great...
THANK YOU HASHEM!!!

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 08:26:44 AM »
I think Swiss agents even wear red dresses?

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 12:50:52 PM »
  When reading books from Jewish writers like Nachman Seltzer, who can cram so much in a few hundred pages (no pun intended) and makes the book sound alive, is definitely a true talent
Where's the pun?
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 01:51:06 PM »
Where's the pun?
There isn't any. When you say a few hundred you would think that's a ton of pages to fit whatever you want.

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 02:08:49 PM »
There isn't any. When you say a few hundred you would think that's a ton of pages to fit whatever you want.
Until you write a book...
אין עוד מלבדו