Author Topic: Bingo 5towns  (Read 19996 times)

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bingo 5towns
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2024, 11:52:56 AM »
This a little off topic, but the point is, in Lakewood there's obviously a huge market for the Heimishe brands, so the stores all carry lots of it.
In 5T, much less. So they carry less. Not sure what's so hard to understand... Those who want to buy Liebers salt and Gefen Sugar (repack of Domino probably) feel free to pay double.
It's just ironic that people complained about prices, and then complain again when KS opens with cheaper options... I think Jews just like to complain :)

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2024, 12:02:33 PM »
Many members are well known who they are.
Part of having high-quality supervision is knowing where you need to bring in someone else. Even where they may not provide the actual supervision, they can check out individual ingredients to be used. I know people who flew internationally with some of them to do exactly that.
Agreed 100%.

But there's also all the horror stories where they make a fool out of themselves to the companies due to their lack of expertise and knowledge of the industry. Those who are "in the know" hear these stories all the time unfortunately...
Again, I'm not trying to say they're all bad, I'm just pointing out a downside which is SOMETIMES applicable. And no, never debunk.
But I definantly like some of the Chumros the Heimishe brands sometimes add, and BH it's often under a reputable national agency as well, so you get the best of both worlds (hopefully).

Online Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2024, 01:11:49 PM »
Personally I used to be a fan of Bingo when they first opened in BP 8 years ago, until I realized that many times when comparing my weekly shopping receipts, although I saved allot on the sales, many regular priced items were MORE EXPENSIVE, and overall I didn't save. It doesn't mean no one saves, it depends what you're buying. Some stuff are cheaper and some are more. If you're an educated consumer you don't fall into the misleading marketing and you compare ALL the prices, not just a few sales you saw. But unfortunately many people don't work that way and after seeing a few examples "assume" the rest is also cheaper- which is exactly what bingo wants. (I should this to a few relatives and they were shocked and they stopped shlepping all the way there once in a while. ) Human psychology vs a budget conscious mind.

DO yourself a favor and compare ALL prices for a few weeks and you'll see...
You're saying that Bingo in Brooklyn was more expensive than local 5towns stores (not including Brach's or KS when they first opened)? I would be VERY surprised of that was true.

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2024, 01:51:08 PM »
This a little off topic, but the point is, in Lakewood there's obviously a huge market for the Heimishe brands, so the stores all carry lots of it.
In 5T, much less. So they carry less. Not sure what's so hard to understand... Those who want to buy Liebers salt and Gefen Sugar (repack of Domino probably) feel free to pay double.
It's just ironic that people complained about prices, and then complain again when KS opens with cheaper options... I think Jews just like to complain :)
You are missing the boat.

In the Five Towns there always was a market for heimeshe brands. But GG only gets in what they get good deals on with no variety. And they camhathe a fortune for those items.

Now that Bingo brought in more of a selection for better orices, it seems that hundreds of people are shopping those items.

Online ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2024, 01:54:49 PM »
You are missing the boat.

In the Five Towns there always was a market for heimeshe brands. But GG only gets in what they get good deals on with no variety. And they camhathe a fortune for those items.

Now that Bingo brought in more of a selection for better orices, it seems that hundreds of people are shopping those items.
to be fair, people may be buying heimish at bingo because their non-heimish selection is pretty low. (especially in dairy)

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2024, 02:00:21 PM »
What does this even mean? Besides that they mention the company in their ads too
I don't have time to pull apart all of your disinformation, but they do not advertise what companies they use in their fresh beef. They only do that on their packaged products and processed pastrami or the like. The Vaad does not allow them to print what shechita you are getting on the fresh beef or poultry.

There are many people , including myself who prefer certain shecitas. I ask every time I need something from their meat department. It is not usually Mehadrin. Sometimes it is because they can't get their preferred brand. I personally don't use Mehadrin. I prefer other shecitas.

There is so much wrong "facts" posted by some people here. Most people in the world agree competition is a good thing and consumers always benefit from it.

People on this forum definitely have no idea how the Kashrus industry works currently.

Bottom line, there are many different types of people in town with different preferences. BH now we have a choice of where to shop and what to buy.

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2024, 02:03:37 PM »
to be fair, people may be buying heimish at bingo because their non-heimish selection is pretty low. (especially in dairy)
So to follow your train of thought, people are paying double just because Bingo doesn't carry cheaper items?!?

Personally, when I want store brand sugar or salt, I get them from Target, Walmart, BJ's or Costco. Rather than paying double at KS or tripple at GG. I used to do that for produce too, but now Bingo got everyone else to lower their prices.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2024, 02:21:01 PM »
There are many people , including myself who prefer certain shecitas. I ask every time I need something from their meat department. It is not usually Mehadrin. Sometimes it is because they can't get their preferred brand. I personally don't use Mehadrin. I prefer other shecitas.

There is so much wrong "facts" posted by some people here.
So many lies that you can't seem to keep track of your own lies. You said earlier that you have been going to bingo in BP to stock up on meat, not GG.
Bingo should hire more professional representatives for the forums :)

Almost every time I asked what Shchita, it was Mehadrim. Pretty strange you're claiming otherwise.

Out of curiosity, any specific issue you have with Mehadrim you can name? It's the first time I'm hearing someone claiming they're not "the top" kashruswise.

As to your last statement about "wrong facts" posted here, you seem to be the king of that here on this thread. I showed someone "in the know" some of the things you wrote and he laughed...

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2024, 02:21:13 PM »
So to follow your train of thought, people are paying double just because Bingo doesn't carry cheaper items?!?

Personally, when I want store brand sugar or salt, I get them from Target, Walmart, BJ's or Costco. Rather than paying double at KS or tripple at GG. I used to do that for produce too, but now Bingo got everyone else to lower their prices.
not at all. i was just pointing out that more people are buying heimish at bingo because that's all they carry. until now they were buying non-heimish elsewhere

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2024, 02:49:03 PM »
So many lies that you can't seem to keep track of your own lies. You said earlier that you have been going to bingo in BP to stock up on meat, not GG.
Bingo should hire more professional representatives for the forums :)

Almost every time I asked what Shchita, it was Mehadrim. Pretty strange you're claiming otherwise.

Out of curiosity, any specific issue you have with Mehadrim you can name? It's the first time I'm hearing someone claiming they're not "the top" kashruswise.

As to your last statement about "wrong facts" posted here, you seem to be the king of that here on this thread. I showed someone "in the know" some of the things you wrote and he laughed...
Your attacking comments just make you sound misinformed.

I don't work for Bingo and as I have said, I don't care if it would be Bingo or Moishes or anyone else.

Your lack of knowledge about which shechita is most mehudar is proof you have no idea about the Kashrus industry. Do you even know who supervises Mehadrin? Do you know what makes a shecitas more mehudar?

On the dakos it might be usually Mehadrin. But not on the gasos.

If you want to know which shechita is preferred, ask the butchers at GG which shechitas are most requested from the back(since it seems like you have a shaychis to them).

Maybe KS beef is Mehadrin. I never bother there because they don't carry what I prefer. But GG is not.

I do not do my regular beef shopping at GG. But I do use them for fill-in when I need something. When they don't have I used to go to Seasons. I know what they carry because I know many people who are makpid on specific shechitas.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2024, 03:07:55 PM »

I don't work for Bingo and as I have said, I don't care if it would be Bingo or Moishes or anyone else.
That's laughable. Saying the same lie 3 times doesn't make it true.

Your lack of knowledge about which shechita is most mehudar is proof you have no idea about the Kashrus industry. Do you even know who supervises Mehadrin? Do you know what makes a shecitas more mehudar?

Hilarious. You don't have an answer so you throw back the question. You obviously just made up off the bat that they're not good and have no knowledge about Shchita. (Mehadrin is under the MK, OU and COR in case you didn't know, and some others depending on the brand) Marvid (Canada) which they also carry for poultry Is also under the MK, OU, COR and some runs under CRC or others.

It's strange you're making up even facts that are "מילתא דעבידא לאיגלויי" anyone can walk in to both GG or KS and ask the manager or Mashgiach where their current meat is from, and see how you're lying. (seemingly deliberately). When someone needs to lie and exaggerate in order to prove their point, it shows they can't win on the merits. 

And throwing back what you're accused of to everyone else doesn't prove you're lack of affiliation with bingo. It's just a sly of you...

Anyway, no need to go back and forth here, you made enough of a fool out of yourself already...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 03:12:24 PM by Chaim723 »

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2024, 03:57:17 PM »
@Chaim723  @syp
Could we just stop ? Nobody is going to be convinced and this is just ruining the atmosphere

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2024, 09:50:37 PM »
That's laughable. Saying the same lie 3 times doesn't make it true.

Hilarious. You don't have an answer so you throw back the question. You obviously just made up off the bat that they're not good and have no knowledge about Shchita. (Mehadrin is under the MK, OU and COR in case you didn't know, and some others depending on the brand) Marvid (Canada) which they also carry for poultry Is also under the MK, OU, COR and some runs under CRC or others.

You and one other poster have ruined the spirit of the conversation.

And, btw, Mehadrin is not under COR. I also NEVER said it was not good either. I did say that I do not eat it and prefer more mehudar shechita.

Mehadrin is probably a good shechita. But there are more mehudar shechita's out there.

Cholov Stam is also kosher. But I don't eat it. Matzah off the shelf is also Kosher, but I prefer shitas HaRash and bake my own. I also do heavy research and only eat beef and poultry where I have a mumcha actually go in and check it out. Many heimeshe hashgochos only allow a few shechitas, and those are the ones I personally prefer. (Some hashgochos except Mehadrin in their establishments, while some don't. I do not think I have the liberty to say who does and who doesn't.)

Each man to his own.

I am not in the food service. I do not work for anybody in the food service. I only know things I research so I know where and what I can eat and I have very good connections. I don't eat at any local eateries where I don't source of the fleish. I don't eat from any pre-checked vegetables unless I know the bodek. (Both GG and Bingo have a very good bodek). That's who I am. Having a selection is important to me. Prices are also important.

Please stop the negative attacks. Most of the city is happy we now have more choices.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2024, 12:34:07 PM »
You and one other poster have ruined the spirit of the conversation.

And, btw, Mehadrin is not under COR.
See this photo. Are you alleging Mehadrin uses an unathorized COR symbol on their packaging?

Please stop the negative attacks. Most of the city is happy we now have more choices.
Agreed. You have every right to be happy. But lying about what other stores do or don't do is not something anyone appreciates, and doesn't help anyone - especially when they can easily find out the true facts, as mentioned. It just shows on the agenda...

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2024, 12:56:27 PM »
extra large eggs for .99. wonder if they'll last until pesach

Online Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2024, 01:05:42 PM »
@Chaim723  @syp
Could we just stop ? Nobody is going to be convinced and this is just ruining the atmosphere
could the mods get involved here please? I imagine I'm not the only one that's about to hide this thread, which will be a shame since there is some quality posts here which as a local resident I have found quite useful. Thank you.

Offline yfr bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2024, 01:38:36 PM »
could the mods get involved here please? I imagine I'm not the only one that's about to hide this thread, which will be a shame since there is some quality posts here which as a local resident I have found quite useful. Thank you.

@Something Fishy @Dan @jj1000 @AsherO

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2024, 02:14:22 PM »
I agree.

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2024, 02:16:01 PM »
extra large eggs for .99. wonder if they'll last until pesach
That's the price at Bingo now?
I was there today, but didn't look at the eggs.
Mechy's just took that Deli to the next level. A little advice; don't go there when you're hungry!!

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2024, 02:21:32 PM »
Maybe we can do an experiment and have everybody try to behave w/o mod intervention?