Author Topic: Torah learning programs  (Read 688 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Torah learning programs
« Reply #20 on: Today at 12:06:18 AM »
There are also a number of great websites/apps for this.

The OU has the AllTorah platform, which includes a separate app/website for AllDaf, AllMishnah, and AllParsha. There is also Torah Anytime, and I'm sure there are a lot more I am not aware of.

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #21 on: Today at 01:32:45 AM »
For me it was about grabbing as much as I can, as quickly as I can even if I miss a bunch (which I do).
By the way, that's the correct attitude, as Rav Yisachar Frand Shli"ta said four years ago at the Siyum HaShas (which I still remember till this day) - "Half of Shas, is better than none of Shas, AND DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD".
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Today at 01:41:02 AM »
By the way, that's the correct attitude, as Rav Yisachar Frand Shli"ta said four years ago at the Siyum HaShas (which I still remember till this day) - "Half of Shas, is better than none of Shas, AND DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD".
And as he said nearly 20 years ago: "It's Never Too Little, It's Never Too Late, It's Never Enough"

(I still have that speech seared into my memory. I think I can type it up almost by heart: The two stories of Rav Moshe Feinstein (the boxer, and the 'matching bookend' the lechayim for finishing Shas, "and I venture to say, that all the tens of thousands of you watching this fit somewhere in between, you have already started the first daf of gemerah, but have not yet finished shas 202 times. It is never to little..."

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:46:51 AM »
And as he said nearly 20 years ago: "It's Never Too Little, It's Never Too Late, It's Never Enough"

(I still have that speech seared into my memory. I think I can type it up almost by heart: The two stories of Rav Moshe Feinstein (the boxer, and the 'matching bookend' the lechayim for finishing Shas, "and I venture to say, that all the tens of thousands of you watching this fit somewhere in between, you have already started the first daf of gemerah, but have not yet finished shas 202 times. It is never to little..."
Found it!

Offline cynic

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Today at 03:32:38 AM »
Does Yeshiva al Kivro operate in America, there are many daily learning programs there, with 3 multiple choice questions for a farher.