Author Topic: Electoral College Procedures & Contested Scenarios  (Read 10638 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral College Procedures & Contested Scenarios
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2020, 09:40:37 PM »
Both are to overturn the results of an election. What you are seeing from prosecutors and Muller are all in your imaginary world.
Impeachment is a legitimate constitutional tool, the congress is just as empowered to remove a president as elections are to seat one.

What you are seeing from prosecutors and Muller are all in your imaginary world.
Pray tell what part of my post isn't fact? The Redacted muller report is posted on the USG websites, you can't blame the media for fabricating that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:45:35 PM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2020, 09:42:43 PM »
Impeachment is a legitimate constitutional tool, the congress is empowered to remove the president.
Pray tell what part of my post isn't fact? The Redacted muller report is posted on the USG websites, you can't blame the media for fabricating that.
The report is fact that it exists. Your interpretation is not.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2020, 09:43:47 PM »
The report is fact that it exists. Your interpretation is not.
Again, pray tell which part of my post is non factual interpretation
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
I don't think impeachment and declaring a US election to be invalid are even remotely comparable, but you'll just accuse me of bias.

I believe that @aygart is saying that impeachment/Collusion claims based on a fantasy world is no different than lawsuits based on a fantasy world.

people are sitting in jail for that.

Who is sitting in jail for Russian interference?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2020, 09:53:45 PM »
I believe that @aygart is saying that impeachment/Collusion claims based on a fantasy world is no different than lawsuits based on a fantasy world.

Yup lawsuits are also a legitimate constitutional tool.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2020, 09:56:01 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Butina

There are also indictments of 14 Russian fugitives. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017–2019)

Except the impeachment was based on substantiated charges of obstruction and abuse of power, which is just as legitimate as an election, whereas Trump and his teams are knowingly making many demonstrably false claims aside from the unproven ones.

Yup lawsuits are also a legitimate constitutional tool.

Cropping documents and submitting them to court as evidence is a crime and not in any way legitimate. A lawsuit per se is fine, doing something in bad faith as an elected official is absolutely not.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Butina

There are also indictments of 14 Russian fugitives. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017–2019)
Except the impeachment was based on substantiated charges of obstruction and abuse of power, which is just as legitimate as an election, whereas Trump and his teams are knowingly making many demonstrably false claims aside from the unproven ones.
Cropping documents and submitting them to court as evidence is a crime and not in any way legitimate. A lawsuit per se is fine, doing something in bad faith as an elected official is absolutely not.
You are right. All those who lied and altered documents to present for approval for a search warrant and used them to needlessly investigate the campaign of their opponent are a bigger problem.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »
You are right. All those who lied and altered documents to present for approval for a search warrant and used them to needlessly investigate the campaign of their opponent are a bigger problem.
Can you name them and their specific nefarious actions? Surely with a Trumpster AG the details would be well known by now?

Again, pray tell which part of my post is non factual interpretation
Still waiting, btw

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2020, 01:04:41 PM »
Can you name them and their specific nefarious actions? Surely with a Trumpster AG the details would be well known by now?
Still waiting, btw
It is in the IG report

Anything prefaced by all but it's by definition an interpretation. That Muller was about obstruction is total revisionist history.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »
It is in the IG report

Anything prefaced by all but it's by definition an interpretation. That Muller was about obstruction is total revisionist history.
Muller was explicitly not investigating obstruction; yet the impeachment charged Trump with obstruction to the Muller investigation itself. Nothing revisionist.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2020, 01:25:48 PM »
Muller was explicitly not investigating obstruction; yet the impeachment charged Trump with obstruction to the Muller investigation itself. Nothing revisionist.
As I said you are living in an imaginary world.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2020, 04:30:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1337119761902276608?s=21

Beautifully written

As I said you are living in an imaginary world.
You keep on saying that and run away whenever you’re called to substantiate your claims and name said imaginations (and your accusations of Democratic wrongdoing)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2020, 04:40:52 PM »

You keep on saying that and run away whenever you’re called to substantiate your claims and name said imaginations (and your accusations of Democratic wrongdoing)
It is only your imagination preventing your from seeing what I clearly pointed out.

You are as much in la la land as those who think the election will be overturned.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2020, 04:50:02 PM »
It is only your imagination preventing your from seeing what I clearly pointed out.

You are as much in la la land as those who think the election will be overturned.
This post is not only biased but also dishonest. The last page is full of you calling things imaginary when I’ve backed them all up as factual. The single thing you pointed out is that Muller implying something is an interpretation, and although you’re wrong, I never offered it as more than an interpretation. An implication is by definition not provable.

Aside from utter failure at proving anything I posted here to be an ‘imagination’ or in any way non-factual, when asked to back up your claims of Democratic wrongdoing related to the 2016 campaign, the most you came up with was ‘it’s in the IG report’.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »
It’s very funny that [mention]PlatinumGuy [/mention] defends the process when it comes to Mueller yet the same person called Desantis a czar for having a search warrant executed. Funny how ones view could change based on whoever is the one calling the shots

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2020, 05:30:44 PM »
It’s very funny that [mention]PlatinumGuy [/mention] defends the process when it comes to Mueller yet the same person called Desantis a czar for having a search warrant executed. Funny how ones view could change based on whoever is the one calling the shots
Do you claim the Muller process was illegitimate? He was appointed by Trumps Republican AG.

Yes, the search warrant executed in Florida, may be legitimate, as are Coumo's policies - calling Desantis a Czar was meant to illustrate he can be compared to Cuomo who is referred to in this forum as a Czar.

I believe I said clearly I think Rebekka is a little nutty, but the search warrant was executed in an outrageous fashion and there are questions about the authority and grounds upon which it was issue

Are you claiming pointing guns at people is a legitimate form of executing a search warrant, or are you going to avoid answering? 

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2020, 06:32:16 PM »

You realize you are responding to a post that quoted you claiming Trump was impeached for obstructing Muller's investigation?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2020, 06:52:57 PM »
You realize you are responding to a post that quoted you claiming Trump was impeached for obstructing Muller's investigation?
Muller's report names 10-11 episodes of potential obstruction by Trump, claims DOJ cannot prosecute a sitting president on obstruction counts and calls on Congress to decide if Trump's actions constitute obstruction. It is true that the Obstruction charges in the actual impeachment are more blatant and directly referring to the Congressional inquires as opposed to Muller's investigation, and I stand corrected on that.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2020, 07:00:19 PM »
Do you claim the Muller process was illegitimate? He was appointed by Trumps Republican AG.

Yes, the search warrant executed in Florida, may be legitimate, as are Coumo's policies - calling Desantis a Czar was meant to illustrate he can be compared to Cuomo who is referred to in this forum as a Czar.

I believe I said clearly I think Rebekka is a little nutty, but the search warrant was executed in an outrageous fashion and there are questions about the authority and grounds upon which it was issue

Are you claiming pointing guns at people is a legitimate form of executing a search warrant, or are you going to avoid answering?
Hilarious that you throw Cuomo on there..

They knocked on Rebekah Jones door for twenty minutes and no answer.. Florida’s gun laws are very lax so if you’re going in hot you have to assume that there is some sort of danger.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2020, 07:05:10 PM »
Hilarious that you throw Cuomo on there..

They knocked on Rebekah Jones door for twenty minutes and no answer.. Florida’s gun laws are very lax so if you’re going in hot you have to assume that there is some sort of danger.
Less than 14 minutes, and there is no obligation to open the door to police. The Czar reference quite obviously was originally taken from the Czar Cuomo title.