Author Topic: Business vs consumer CL with chase  (Read 1390 times)

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Business vs consumer CL with chase
« on: October 03, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
Could find this info while searching.  I'm certain it must have been discussed a million times but had no luck.

If I have more CL than I really should with chase (got lucky with recon) and have very minimal chance of getting more credit - I move credit around to open new cards.  is there anyway I could get approved for business cards for a new corporation that was just approved, or will they presumably say no since yet can't give me more credit?

Could I transfer credit from consumer cards to open business cards?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Business vs consumer CL with chase
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 04:54:56 PM »
1. You might have more luck with a charge card.
2. They might (or might not) let you move credit from a personal card.

Basically, depends on your credit, analyst(s), persistence, and schmoozing abilities. YMMV.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Bostener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
Could find this info while searching.  I'm certain it must have been discussed a million times but had no luck.

If I have more CL than I really should with chase (got lucky with recon) and have very minimal chance of getting more credit - I move credit around to open new cards.  is there anyway I could get approved for business cards for a new corporation that was just approved, or will they presumably say no since yet can't give me more credit?

Could I transfer credit from consumer cards to open business cards?

The general rule is no for both of them. If your credit limit is too high on the personal side then generally they won't give credit for your corporation. And I have been told by Chase many times that they don't move lines of credit between personal and corporate.

However, if you HUCA Rcon who knows what kind  exceptions you will get.
Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 07:51:28 PM »
I have lots of hard pulls this year on Experian which is frozen now. If I apply for an ink over the phone and ask them to pull one of the other two (with online apps they pull exp automatically and once that's done even if it's frozen they can't pull a different one) instead since ex is frozen and TU and EQ should both be totally free of HPs, could that increase my chance of getting approved?

Offline Shmulyg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:59:32 PM »
I was just successful getting them to pull Equifax after trying my frozen Experian for two personal cards. I hear that doesn't work for biz cards, though, it can't hurt to try.

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 11:42:51 PM »
Interesting. I tried HUCA many many time for that and was consistently refused. The only thing I never managed with Recon HUCA. Even got my wife approved for a freedom with 2K when she had no credit history at all ka'h. That was mamesh a stroke of luck. On last try before finally ready to give up I got lucky with a nice young lady who agreed since "my wife pays most of my CC bills anyway".

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 12:13:02 AM »
Interesting. I tried HUCA many many time for that and was consistently refused. The only thing I never managed with Recon HUCA. Even got my wife approved for a freedom with 2K when she had no credit history at all ka'h. That was mamesh a stroke of luck. On last try before finally ready to give up I got lucky with a nice young lady who agreed since "my wife pays most of my CC bills anyway".
Ahhh the wonders of HUCA!!!

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »

I have lots of hard pulls this year on Experian which is frozen now. If I apply for an ink over the phone and ask them to pull one of the other two (with online apps they pull exp automatically and once that's done even if it's frozen they can't pull a different one) instead since ex is frozen and TU and EQ should both be totally free of HPs, could that increase my chance of getting approved?

Back to the question, reckon pulling a clean CR instead of Experian will be of significance in getting approved for first business card when I have disproportionately high consumer CL relative to my income?