Author Topic: TAM first class  (Read 15222 times)

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: TAM first class
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 11:09:40 AM »
I'd be leaving on weds morn, so you all would suggest:

JFK-GRU-GIG, leaving NYC at 9am, arriving GIG at 12am same day.

Spending Thurs in GIG.

Flying back to GRU on Friday AM, spending shabbas, sunday, and part of Monday and back?

Don't think I can push it beyond that as we have DPS/SIN booked in July.
Curious which miles you will be using for this.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »
AA or SQ. The former if I want to build in AAs 321T in F, the latter if not.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: TAM first calss
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »
Serious??

Tam is wiiiide open, search on AC.

Cheapest to book with US at 125k RT in F, but can slash that down to 60k if you take a stop.

Anyone know what this means?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
Reports were that AA isn't seeing TAM F.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
Reports were that AA isn't seeing TAM F.

Saw some reports, while others didn't have an issue.

I guess I'll just have to try if I decide to go AA.

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 11:24:15 AM »
I'd be leaving on weds morn, so you all would suggest:

JFK-GRU-GIG, leaving NYC at 9am, arriving GIG at 12am same day.

Spending Thurs in GIG.

Flying back to GRU on Friday AM, spending shabbas, sunday, and part of Monday and back?

Don't think I can push it beyond that as we have DPS/SIN booked in July.

No overnight flight available? That day flight kills way too much of your short available time. Plus if you were trying score a seat with the new TAM first class, you are more likely to get the new 777 at the red-eye flight.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »
Anyone know what this means?

Could be he is referring to US-metal awards, which prices out as 60k in J class roundtrip off-peak. Other thoughts?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 11:34:55 AM »
No overnight flight available? That day flight kills way too much of your short available time. Plus if you were trying score a seat with the new TAM first class, you are more likely to get the new 777 at the red-eye flight.

Actually, although it was wide open for my dates last night, it doesn't look like it is anymore... too bad.

Could be he is referring to US-metal awards, which prices out as 60k in J class roundtrip off-peak. Other thoughts?

1) This thread is talking JJ metal, not US, and 2) not sure how adding a stop would affect anything in your scenario.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »
1) This thread is talking JJ metal, not US, and 2) not sure how adding a stop would affect anything in your scenario.

Right, but MEIR613 can't be referring to JJ metal, I don't think you can get first class for 60k us roundtrip. That's why it made sense he was talking about US metal, which would require a stop in CLT, and making in 60k.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »
Right, but MEIR613 can't be referring to JJ metal, I don't think you can get first class for 60k us roundtrip. That's why it made sense he was talking about US metal, which would require a stop in CLT, and making in 60k.

Maybe he'll clarify :)

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 05:30:02 PM »
Stop in MEX

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »
Stop in MEX

You'd lose the new F AFAIK.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 08:43:37 AM »
Just booked a ticket in Tam F Class, using BA avios points. I called up Tam's international call center line, to request for the chauffeur airport transfer service that they offer to all first customers. I read on blogs that they offer this to awards too, and people have had success. The CSR lady couldn't possibly be more rude, first telling me (lie #1) that i don't have any ticket booked, than telling me (lie #2) it was "not in first, not even in business, just economy O class..". Finally she looked it up and told me it's in F, but she can't put through the request, because i booked it on BA. When i told her that all F customers receive the service, she said I told you few times already your booking is not eligible for the request. I asked to be transferred over to a supervisor, to which she said the supervisor won't listen to your question, i will ask the supervisor what you want, not surprisingly, 30 seconds later she comes on and says supervisor said no, and won't come to the phone, (lie #3). She then told me to stop making up information to her, and HUNG up the phone on me!

Any advice as to how i should go forward with this? Thank you.

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 08:47:43 AM »
Just booked a ticket in Tam F Class, using BA avios points. I called up Tam's international call center line, to request for the chauffeur airport transfer service that they offer to all first customers. I read on blogs that they offer this to awards too, and people have had success. The CSR lady couldn't possibly be more rude, first telling me (lie #1) that i don't have any ticket booked, than telling me (lie #2) it was "not in first, not even in business, just economy O class..". Finally she looked it up and told me it's in F, but she can't put through the request, because i booked it on BA. When i told her that all F customers receive the service, she said I told you few times already your booking is not eligible for the request. I asked to be transferred over to a supervisor, to which she said the supervisor won't listen to your question, i will ask the supervisor what you want, not surprisingly, 30 seconds later she comes on and says supervisor said no, and won't come to the phone, (lie #3). She then told me to stop making up information to her, and HUNG up the phone on me!

Is there an email you can send to CSR? Try HUCA.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 08:55:04 AM »
Is there an email you can send to CSR? Try HUCA.

Trying HUCA right now, no instant email that i see.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »

should've huca'd the second she was snippy with you
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »

Oh man she was soooooo nasty!!!

But right now i had a succesful, spoke to a normal Alexander now, and he got my service arranged. They only offer it in America so they will pick me up and drive me to the airport, though in Sao Paulo i would have to just take regular cab.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
That's what I do.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »
That's what I do.

Good point to keep in mind for next time. Wasn't longer than ten minutes though.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 01:09:26 PM »
And TAM gets rid of first class period after 11/1/14.