Author Topic: LIFE INSURANCE  (Read 121441 times)

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
Re: LIFE INSURANCE
« Reply #1040 on: April 05, 2024, 01:15:12 PM »
It's also important to split this thread from life insurance to investments. Because I think we all agree that WL is not a life insurance product
#TYH

Offline farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 05, 2024, 01:17:07 PM »
Gonna preempt Exgingi and tell you to add the value of the underlying coverage to the IRR.
Don't I already have that accounted for? The CV in my spreadsheet is copied from the Total CV in the screenshot. It is the sum of the basic policy and the PUA valuations.
Risk is opportunity

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 05, 2024, 01:29:52 PM »
Don't I already have that accounted for? The CV in my spreadsheet is copied from the Total CV in the screenshot. It is the sum of the basic policy and the PUA valuations.
How does that account for the value of the additional DB above and beyond the CV at each point? If you were comparing to other assets and their performance, apples to apples would involve some sort of (cheaper) insurance coverage, no?

Offline farmbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 05, 2024, 01:42:29 PM »
How does that account for the value of the additional DB above and beyond the CV at each point? If you were comparing to other assets and their performance, apples to apples would involve some sort of (cheaper) insurance coverage, no?
My simplifying assumption is that the CV is the difference between the NPV of the future DB and the NPV of future premiums (takes me back to my MLC sitting). I see why that could be inappropriate since that equation doesn't necessarily hold, but is it a reasonable starting point?. What would you propose to use instead?
Risk is opportunity

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 05, 2024, 01:59:40 PM »
My simplifying assumption is that the CV is the difference between the NPV of the future DB and the NPV of future premiums (takes me back to my MLC sitting). I see why that could be inappropriate since that equation doesn't necessarily hold, but is it a reasonable starting point?. What would you propose to use instead?
I didn't phrase this very well. What I mean is that someone will look at your calcs and say 4% over 15 years? That should be very beatable. But the underlying assets of the alternative portfolio would need to be higher than that to break even, since you'd have to buy term (or whatever coverage) to make it apples to apples.

Offline farmbochur

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 05, 2024, 02:17:43 PM »
I didn't phrase this very well. What I mean is that someone will look at your calcs and say 4% over 15 years? That should be very beatable. But the underlying assets of the alternative portfolio would need to be higher than that to break even, since you'd have to buy term (or whatever coverage) to make it apples to apples.
I'm accounting for neither the cost of the alternative insurance nor it's actuarial value - which (in a hypothetically frictionless market) should net to $0.
Risk is opportunity

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #1046 on: May 06, 2024, 08:10:48 PM »
https://meanwhile.bm/

Somehow I doubt this will ever fly in the US (definitely not in NY).

I'd love to see GOLD denominated life insurance before I'd see BTC denominated "insurance".
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan