Author Topic: Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) highest tier BLACK status  (Read 7581 times)

Offline statusguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) highest tier BLACK status
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 11:01:02 AM »
Correct! You first have to get a LE. You will get a LE by staying the first time at a participating hotel brand. As soon as you received a LE you can then use it anywhere you want.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
Correct! You first have to get a LE. You will get a LE by staying the first time at a participating hotel brand. As soon as you received a LE you can then use it anywhere you want.
To use it, you need to do it on a stay, or use it at a location with an additional stay is not required. Correct?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline statusguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »
To use it, you need to do it on a stay, or use it at a location with an additional stay is not required. Correct?

The LE can then be used anywhere you want. Some LE require a stay (like the mentioned dog sliding), some do not require a stay (like food/SPA vouchers). You can find the exact wording in the T&Cs as well :)

Offline Josh g

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 01:20:51 AM »
I am interested. I travel every other week to Baltimore. Any hotels there under Gha

Offline statusguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 05:22:33 AM »
I am interested. I travel every other week to Baltimore. Any hotels there under Gha

Hello,

unfortunately there is no GHA property in Baltimore.

Offline statusguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »
If you're still looking to give give this away I'd appreciate it.
I stay around 35 hotel nights a year. Currently none are in GHA hotels, I've stayed at Omni or two in the past but I'm not a GHA regular.

Thanks for reaching out to me. Well, I already handed out 2 free samples. I am now selling the status upgrade for 125 USD. If you are interested in that, please do PM me. Thank you.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 01:00:01 PM »
Had two separate stays at the Omni NYC for friend and parents. Seemed to be treated well and my parents mentioned a welcome gift and wine etc. in the room.

Wanted to add in regards to the Local Experiences, it doesn't seem like this "jump to Black status" will get one a LE after first paid stay. Rather, i was told, since i started at Black, i would need the 30 nights to then qualify for a LE.

Not trying to knock this at all, just wanted to update with my experience.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline statusguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 07:45:17 AM »
Thanks for the honest review. After I offered these accounts, I also found out that LE does not come with your first stay. A friend stayed at 2 different Kempinskis (7 days and 3+ nights) and got the LE after his second stay. So I am also not sure how the LE gets processed.

But the double upgrade, early check-in and late check-out and VIP recognition should still be a nice perk :)

Had two separate stays at the Omni NYC for friend and parents. Seemed to be treated well and my parents mentioned a welcome gift and wine etc. in the room.

Wanted to add in regards to the Local Experiences, it doesn't seem like this "jump to Black status" will get one a LE after first paid stay. Rather, i was told, since i started at Black, i would need the 30 nights to then qualify for a LE.

Not trying to knock this at all, just wanted to update with my experience.

Offline statusguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
If somebody is interested in the GHA Black status, then I am still able to get it for 100 USD.

Please check the first post for the GHA Black benefits. Please also keep in mind that the Local Experience (LE) will not come with your first stay, since you got upgraded straight away to Black. Everything else, like double upgrade, early check-in, late check-out etc. is part of the GHA Black experience.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 08:53:13 AM »
Thanks for the honest review. After I offered these accounts, I also found out that LE does not come with your first stay. A friend stayed at 2 different Kempinskis (7 days and 3+ nights) and got the LE after his second stay. So I am also not sure how the LE gets processed.

But the double upgrade, early check-in and late check-out and VIP recognition should still be a nice perk :)
Yes it is.

Gave my parents my night at the Omni NYC last week. They were very shocked/happy with the huge suite they got and extra benefits.
Quaerite et Invenietis.