Author Topic: How Credit card points work?  (Read 840 times)

Offline RavChik

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
How Credit card points work?
« on: July 26, 2012, 03:38:19 PM »
Can somebody explain to the beginner like me the benefit of converting the credit card points to air ticket? What are tricks there?

I checked on the AX reward website that I can convert 20,000 points to buy a $200 air ticket. The way I see it, I can be better off selling my 20,000 points for $250 and buying the same ticket for $200 with cash.

What am I missing and need to learn?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: How Credit card points work?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »
Or for example transfer those 20,000 points to British Airways and have more than enough for 2 round-trip tickets (or over 3 tickets during a promo) between NYC and cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, and Montreal.
I've done that for last-minute tickets when otherwise it would've cost $2,500 for 2 tickets.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline RavChik

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
But if I transfer them to British Airways, how can I get from NY to Cleveland? Don't they also offer international flights?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »
But if I transfer them to British Airways, how can I get from NY to Cleveland? Don't they also offer international flights?
www.ba.com

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=14911
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.