Topic Wiki

Since October 12, 2015, the prepaid REDcard (Redbird) can only be loaded at Target with cash. It can still be loaded online with a bank-issued debit card, up to $200/day and $1K/month.

Therefore, for MS (manufactured spending) Redbird is now considered dead. RIP!

Author Topic: The Target Prepaid REDcard  (Read 1929500 times)

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Target Prepaid REDcard
« Reply #10720 on: August 05, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »
Mine was closer to 3x, had a competent cs that knee how to do split tender

Just came back.   3x is  more accurate. Plus made a new friend . RB is still alive  :)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: August 05, 2015, 05:45:14 PM »
Mine was closer to 3x, had a competent cs that knee how to do split tender
There seems to be two types of split tender. The first is the method described in the wiki. The second is a hands-free method that has the CSR pre-program the system to take 2x $500 during the initial K8 phase. Ive only seen one CSR who knows how to do that. The others het so confused that its almost not worth the trouble. Today I did 15 seperate $500 transactions. Even had them shut down a regular register after the CSR said "you know you can do this at a regular cashier. No need to come here for that."  ;D
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: August 05, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »
Baruch Hashem no problems today at target. Register was a little slower but not too bad.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55:16 PM »
There seems to be two types of split tender. The first is the method described in the wiki. The second is a hands-free method that has the CSR pre-program the system to take 2x $500 during the initial K8 phase. Ive only seen one CSR who knows how to do that. The others het so confused that its almost not worth the trouble. Today I did 15 seperate $500 transactions. Even had them shut down a regular register after the CSR said "you know you can do this at a regular cashier. No need to come here for that."  ;D

Times are a changing .

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: August 05, 2015, 08:59:01 PM »
My friend knows the good type. She opened up a seperate register for me a day kept jumping back to preprogram another 1000. Did 4k in like 10 minutes.

I noticed today that her badge said she was a trainer... I  wish she would train all the target cashiers....

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #10725 on: August 05, 2015, 09:54:34 PM »
My friend knows the good type. She opened up a seperate register for me a day kept jumping back to preprogram another 1000. Did 4k in like 10 minutes.

I noticed today that her badge said she was a trainer... I  wish she would train all the target cashiers....
I'll chevk the next time i go to see whether mine is too. Its amazing to see the night and day difference between an urban Target employee and a suburban employee. Or is it DDF fed-up vs not yet DDF exposed?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:17 PM »
I'll chevk the next time i go to see whether mine is too. Its amazing to see the night and day difference between an urban Target employee and a suburban employee. Or is it DDF fed-up vs not yet DDF exposed?
Well,  my friend has been exposed to me
And she actually mentioned that someone else had been there this morning,  loading.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:17 PM »
Well,  my friend has been exposed to me
And she actually mentioned that someone else had been there this morning,  loading.

Offline JT27MP

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: August 05, 2015, 11:07:24 PM »
Any Target's near Teaneck that one can load ?
I will be there in the near future.

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: August 05, 2015, 11:50:04 PM »
Any Target's near Teaneck that one can load ?
I will be there in the near future.
Ya know there's a website where that info can be found
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline sam i am

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: August 06, 2015, 12:12:49 AM »
There is also another type (probably on old pos) where cs swipes your debit card and you input the pin. The famous Carmen did this with me (before 10 pm  :D). Claimed it was much quicker. It was pretty quick.

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: August 06, 2015, 07:03:23 AM »
All they do is program for 500 on the first swipe and that leaves 500 for the second, no?

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: August 06, 2015, 07:23:43 AM »
All they do is program for 500 on the first swipe and that leaves 500 for the second, no?
Seems like that. Not sure if it is two types of split tender or two types of cs (competent or not)

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: August 06, 2015, 07:41:43 AM »
Seems like that. Not sure if it is two types of split tender or two types of cs (competent or not)
In the new system it has to be done that way (entering split tender amt with k6 before the first debit swipe). Old system can be done this way as well. So not exactly sure what you mean.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: August 06, 2015, 07:49:49 AM »
In the new system it has to be done that way (entering split tender amt with k6 before the first debit swipe). Old system can be done this way as well. So not exactly sure what you mean.
The other way that most CSRs do it is after the first swipe when it asks if the full 1k is on this card and you press NO they enter 500 and press K6. There are definitely 2 methods. There is also a K1 press at some point.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: August 06, 2015, 08:14:51 AM »
I am agreeing with you

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: August 06, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »
The other way that most CSRs do it is after the first swipe when it asks if the full 1k is on this card and you press NO they enter 500 and press K6. There are definitely 2 methods. There is also a K1 press at some point.

Might be mix and  match? Where I go it asks if I want to put all on this card , and I press yes , then proceed to do second $500 .

Offline JosephM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: August 06, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »
Might be mix and  match? Where I go it asks if I want to put all on this card , and I press yes , then proceed to do second $500 .

Has to do with the CSR or cashier.  Either they can enter how much before you swipe your card or you need to choose that you don't want it all on the card and then they can enter how much.

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: August 06, 2015, 11:35:07 AM »
k1 is just a continue button.

Offline bb1836

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: August 06, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »
I'm sure it was mentioned upthread....are staples GCs loadable to RC?
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family