Topic Wiki

Need a U.S. Passport Immediately?

You should make an appointment to be seen at a Regional Passport Agency only if:

The U.S. passport is needed in less than 2 weeks for international travel
The U.S. passport is needed within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa
Contact the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment or locate a Passport Agency.

go to :

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/npic_898.html

https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/

I also made an appointment online. It's a long overdue option. I discovered that new appointments post at midnight, for the newly added day. I waited until midnight, and was able to pick any time I wanted in NY. Game changer.

and make a appointment you will get it the same day or the next day , (depends when you are flying) .

If you need an expedited appointment call l 1-877-487-2778 at 8 AM SHARP EST. Press 1 1 2 2 to speak to a live rep to schedule you an expedited appointment.
Trick is to press the last 2 at 8AM, rather than starting the call at 8AM. I had 2 people try it this morning- one pressed "2" at 8AM and had no hold times and got an appointment for today. The second called at 8AM, had a 30 min wait, and was told that the closest they have available is in VT.

« Last edited by baron on December 19, 2023, 09:55:48 PM »

Author Topic: Passport expedite  (Read 136311 times)

Offline TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
Re: Passport expedite
« Reply #460 on: February 27, 2023, 10:16:00 PM »
If I call at 8 AM I'd be able to get an appointment for tomorrow?
If you contact your local congressman they can usually help get you an appointment.

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline lansky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 28, 2023, 08:17:31 AM »
thanks, yes we can assist
if you wonder why there's no appointments you can thank people like this i don't understand why these people are let on these forums and especially advocated for

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 28, 2023, 08:25:48 AM »
if you wonder why there's no appointments you can thank people like this i don't understand why these people are let on these forums and especially advocated for

Instead of complaining to the government for not having sufficient capacity, complain about people who seize an opportunity to help people get what they want (at a cost the market bears). What percentage of appointments do you think these people hold onto?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline dasmo801

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 28, 2023, 08:33:05 AM »
Btw, I was told by people that work with passport office that online applications get processed the slowest, and applications should not be submitted that way.

Can confirm this. My wife renewed by mail, I renewed online on the same day. She received hers around 10 days before I got mine.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 28, 2023, 09:05:34 AM »
Instead of complaining to the government for not having sufficient capacity, complain about people who seize an opportunity to help people get what they want (at a cost the market bears).
Why not both? :)
What percentage of appointments do you think these people hold onto?
In NYC, they definitely hold a significant percentage. It's not like there is that many to begin with.

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 28, 2023, 07:34:01 PM »
What does one thing have to do with another. Everyone knows the government sucks. Youre taking advantage and making something that is hard almost impossible and making money off of it. Your like a person selling food during war and charging 500% and saying youre a big bal tzedakah. The government already banned online appt for this and now only chance is 1 minute to get an appt so thank you very much. I'm all for making money but when it comes to this it is normally an emergency so taking the appts and profiting off of it is disgusting.

Online JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 28, 2023, 08:47:05 PM »
If I call at 8 AM I'd be able to get an appointment for tomorrow?
What happened?

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 28, 2023, 09:02:52 PM »
What happened?
Didnt end up trying. Had change of plans.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 28, 2023, 09:04:55 PM »
Why not both? :)In NYC, they definitely hold a significant percentage. It's not like there is that many to begin with.

Meh, I’ve been there multiple times and it’s packed room they probably process hundreds of passports a day. Maybe a handful of those appointments are sold.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 28, 2023, 10:41:07 PM »
What’s the best course of action to get a newborn a passport for travel in 8 weeks?
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 29, 2023, 12:55:06 AM »
Meh, I’ve been there multiple times and it’s packed room they probably process hundreds of passports a day. Maybe a handful of those appointments are sold.
you're wrong the 3 times i was there at least 10% is these appointments

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #471 on: March 29, 2023, 06:58:21 PM »
Within 5 days of travel.

What's more effective? Paying the $60 for expedited service over the phone?
Or
Making an appointment in the city or in Philly and then paying the $60 fee and or the $20 shipping?

Need it asap. If not I'll just have to pay another $15 for a new birth certificate and drive to my destination. Though I wouldn't mind flying vs driving.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #472 on: March 29, 2023, 07:29:29 PM »
What does one thing have to do with another. Everyone knows the government sucks. Youre taking advantage and making something that is hard almost impossible and making money off of it. Your like a person selling food during war and charging 500% and saying youre a big bal tzedakah. The government already banned online appt for this and now only chance is 1 minute to get an appt so thank you very much. I'm all for making money but when it comes to this it is normally an emergency so taking the appts and profiting off of it is disgusting.

Just for the record if it wasn’t for the people getting appointments you’d have a snowballs chance in a microwave at actually getting one, so you should be thankful because thanks to these people they are ending up in your hands (albeit at a cost, but at the end of the day it is a passport we’re talking about) and not into someone else’s. Just my opinion. Had to do the same thing 2 years ago for my baby and bh we got one quick and not still waiting for it.

Online JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 29, 2023, 09:51:53 PM »
Just for the record if it wasn’t for the people getting appointments you’d have a snowballs chance in a microwave at actually getting one, so you should be thankful because thanks to these people they are ending up in your hands (albeit at a cost, but at the end of the day it is a passport we’re talking about) and not into someone else’s. Just my opinion. Had to do the same thing 2 years ago for my baby and bh we got one quick and not still waiting for it.
LOL at the like :)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #474 on: March 30, 2023, 12:55:50 AM »
Within 5 days of travel.

What's more effective? Paying the $60 for expedited service over the phone?
Or
Making an appointment in the city or in Philly and then paying the $60 fee and or the $20 shipping?

Need it asap. If not I'll just have to pay another $15 for a new birth certificate and drive to my destination. Though I wouldn't mind flying vs driving.
It seems that the window to book an appointment is seven days. I just spent four hours waiting, and the representative said that for a flight leaving on April 2nd, you should have called on March 27th. This is a good data point for determining when to call and book your travel.

Calling at 8am will get you appointments available for the next day, as appointments are released daily and can be booked up to seven days in advance. However, in the corrupt world we live in, it's difficult to say if there will be any appointments left even at 8am.
Unfortunately, there are people who take advantage of this situation, such as those who works at a passport office and having another work at a local store offering same day passport appointments and charges $750 for a same-day passport appointment, pocketing $375 per appointment booked. And the other half to the agent at the passport office.

In our current society, money talks and a liberal-run government does not always guarantee fairness. Therefore, contacting your local senator's office or congresswoman may be your best option.

Cloud technology worked like a charm for me when I needed a hard-to-find appointment with the MVC in NJ. I got in touch with a government employee, and the same day they reached out to me to schedule an appointment on a day that worked for me.

In today's world, it's not just about what you know, but who you know. If you have connections or influence, use them to your advantage.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 30, 2023, 01:49:45 AM »
if they didn't take the appointments there would be available, do you ever understand what your saying

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 30, 2023, 08:23:50 AM »
Lol some of these scalpers charging $500 for an appointment when the flight is 5 weeks out.

רַבִּי מֵאִיר אוֹמֵר, לְעוֹלָם יְלַמֵּד אָדָם אֶת בְּנוֹ אֻמָּנוּת נְקִיָּה וְקַלָּה

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #477 on: March 30, 2023, 09:19:32 AM »
I have 2 stories from this past week.

1 friend renewed his passport online, he reached out to his congressman and they were able to get in touch with the passport office. They got their passports shipped within 1 day after that.

The other friend was renewing a passport by mail and their congressman had no update after 4 days. He ended up paying 500 to get a appointment.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 09, 2023, 08:53:40 AM »
My experience was I called at 10am about 10 times until there was no busy signal, there was no hold time and got an appointment 1 week later.

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 09, 2023, 08:55:56 AM »
Need proof my travel is with in 2 weeks. I heard they'll print it on the spot if flight is with in 24 hours. Which airline/website allows 24 hour cancelations when flight is with in 24 hours?