Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 672246 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #4460 on: August 29, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »
Look at the mess below. Starting October the expiration is based off your last dose

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1432015372878761984?s=19

They are literally clueless about what they want to do. Chickens running around without a head!

Why not just extend X number of months from positive antibody test? Will eliminate all the different categories. Simple. Objective. Non-discriminatory. If you have a positive antibody test done in Israel within the last X number of months (I think 6 is reasonable) with a current negative PCR - you are free from quarantine! Regardless if your antibodies or from recovering, one, two, three or ten doses!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: August 29, 2021, 03:40:55 PM »
I'm not here to defend the logic of the new rules - but I don't think your idea is any less random or subjective - they are assuming that immunity is conveyed for 6 months after infection/vaccine. Don't know if that's actually accurate or not.
Your providing 6 months from a positive antibody test doesn't make any sense either - why is that an objective measure - how does having antibodies 5 months ago indicate anything about current immunity?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #4462 on: August 29, 2021, 03:54:01 PM »
I'm not here to defend the logic of the new rules - but I don't think your idea is any less random or subjective - they are assuming that immunity is conveyed for 6 months after infection/vaccine. Don't know if that's actually accurate or not.
Your providing 6 months from a positive antibody test doesn't make any sense either - why is that an objective measure - how does having antibodies 5 months ago indicate anything about current immunity?

I said 6 months only because that's a number that they use, so I'm giving it to them. For all I care let it be 5, 4 or 3 months. The point is that if one has immunity, that is what should count, regardless of how it was acquired or how long ago it was acquired, if it's there, don't force people to take a dose of a vaccine unnecessarily, and use a policy that can be applied uniformly regardless of where people were when they recovered or got a vaccine.

Next thing you know we will have PDF labs generating recent positive PCR tests, so that green pass can last longer. לאו עכברא גנב אלא חורא גנב!

Let me clarify:

Antibody tests have thresholds. Be it 15, 50 or any other number. When someone tests positive it means they are above that threshold. If they are slightly below that threshold that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't fend off COVID-19. Antibodies might wane, and might even increase over time. And there are other parts to the immune system. The antibody test is as objective an indicator as we currently have that a person posses some viable ability to fend off COVID-19.

Different people have different immune system responses to infection and/or to vaccination. All I am saying is use an objective measure to check the viability of the immune response, rather than assign an arbitrary time and force vaccination if past that timeframe.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:11:47 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4463 on: August 29, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »
Look at the mess below. Starting October the expiration is based off your last dose

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1432015372878761984?s=19
English version?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: August 29, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
English version?

Let's start off with the executive summary:

Long version:

New Corona rules effective August 29th, 2021.

Updated policy regarding vaccinations and Green Pass

Who is considered protected as being vaccinated / recovered

• A person who got two doses of a vaccine, and 6 months from date of second dose haven't elapsed.
  • A person who got three doses of the vaccine, one week after getting the third dose
  • A person who recovered from the disease, for 6 months from the date one received certificate of recovery (a decision about those who recovered more than 6 months ago and have not been vaccinated - is under consideration
  • Any person who recovered from the disease and got at least one dose of the vaccine

Recommneded vaccination protocol
For long-term full protection, based on current knowledge, one should adhere to the following protocol:
First dose > Second dose 21 days later > Third dose 5 months after second dose.

Rules for returning from overseas - update regarding countries on Orange list
As of Friday, September 3rd, 2021, the rules for people returning from countries classified as Orange will change as follows:
Fully vaccinated with 3 doses (one week after receiving 3rd dose), vaccinated within 6 months of 2nd dose, recoverees within 6 month from getting recovery certificate, and recoverees that received one vaccine dose - will need to quarantine until the sooner of 24 hours or receiving a negative PCR test result, and will no longer require full quarantine.

Green Pass - updated expiration dates:
Beginning Friday, October 1st 2021, the expiration dates of Green Passes will be updated in accordance to the updated definition of recoveree/fully vaccinated -
Anyone who received three doses: Green pass will be valid for six months from the date of third dose.
Anyone who received two doses: Green pass will be valid for six months from the date of second dose.
Recovree: Green pass will be valid for six months from date of certificate of recovery.
Recoveree with a dose of vaccine: Green pass will be valid for six months from date of vaccine.

Please beware
  • Ultimate protection from vaccine second and third dose is reached 7 days after dose is administered.
  • Green pass eligibility and relief from more strict quarantine requirements for people returning from Orange countries is effective once Ultimate Protection is achieved - i.e. 7 days after becoming fully vaccinated.
  • Effective immediately, anyone who got their second dose at least 5 months ago is eligibile to get a third dose. Go and get vaccinated.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: August 29, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »
"I. Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 or vaccination certificate for every visitor, for all ages"

what consists of  proof of recovery for a first degree relative of mine looking to get a permit to enter israel?
a positive and negative pcr is enough, or one needs some type of doctors letter?

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: August 29, 2021, 06:45:42 PM »
"I. Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 or vaccination certificate for every visitor, for all ages"

what consists of  proof of recovery for a first degree relative of mine looking to get a permit to enter israel?
a positive and negative pcr is enough, or one needs some type of doctors letter?

Positive and negative pcr is enough

Offline bb_sam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: August 29, 2021, 07:39:04 PM »
You have to apply for green pass with misrad hapnim
Either online or on phone

How about this scenario.  I had both shots outside Israel, got a green passport after a serology test in March.  The date they use for my immunization is the date of the serology test.  So can I return from an Orange country, without having to get a third shot, within 6 months of the date they used in March?

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: August 29, 2021, 07:44:10 PM »
Positive and negative pcr is enough
thank u.
any clue if they bother to verify them?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #4470 on: August 29, 2021, 07:55:30 PM »
How about this scenario.  I had both shots outside Israel, got a green passport after a serology test in March.  The date they use for my immunization is the date of the serology test.  So can I return from an Orange country, without having to get a third shot, within 6 months of the date they used in March?

What your current certificate says is meaningless. In a few days you could try to reissue and see what it says.
-- Dan

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: August 29, 2021, 08:05:24 PM »
thank u.
any clue if they bother to verify them?

They probably have no way to verify a foreign document

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: August 29, 2021, 08:17:25 PM »
Fully vaccinated with 3 doses (one week after receiving 3rd dose), vaccinated within 6 months of 2nd dose, recoverees within 6 month from getting recovery certificate, and recoverees that received one vaccine dose - will need to quarantine until the sooner of 24 hours or receiving a negative PCR test result, and will no longer require full quarantine.

Does this apply only to Israeli Citizens who were vaccinated in Israel and are returning to Israel or does it also apply to foreigners visiting Israel who have had 3 shots?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #4474 on: August 29, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: August 29, 2021, 08:42:09 PM »

Does this apply only to Israeli Citizens who were vaccinated in Israel and are returning to Israel or does it also apply to foreigners visiting Israel who have had 3 shots?
anyone have an answer here?
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: August 29, 2021, 08:56:59 PM »
Rules for returning from overseas - update regarding countries on Orange list
As of Friday, September 3rd, 2021, the rules for people returning from countries classified as Orange will change as follows:
Can't you get a recovery certificate with an antibody test? So when does the 6 months start from?
How is there no foreign national guidance in this policy?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: August 29, 2021, 09:51:19 PM »
Can't you get a recovery certificate with an antibody test? So when does the 6 months start from?
How is there no foreign national guidance in this policy?
I don't know if Israeli residents that aren't claiming infection and recovery overseas could get a certificate based on antibody test alone. For people like myself and many others who had Covid-19 and recovered overseas, proven by antibody test, presumably the date of the negative PCR test submitted along with the antibody test is the date of recovery.

There is no foreign-national guidance here, because they don't care/it doesn't earn them any political points.

Haven't 18 months of COVID-19 taught you not to ask HOW or WHY questions about Israeli policies? Consider yourself lucky to be able to get the WHAT and WHEN questions answered.
-- Dan

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: August 29, 2021, 10:41:32 PM »
I'm supposed to travel to Israel for Sukkos, and just recovered from covid in the US. What would be the protocol for me based on the new rules? Where and how do I get a תו ירוק? Do I need to quarantine?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: August 29, 2021, 11:37:53 PM »
I'm supposed to travel to Israel for Sukkos, and just recovered from covid in the US. What would be the protocol for me based on the new rules? Where and how do I get a תו ירוק? Do I need to quarantine?

You will need an Israeli antibody test (supposedly being introduced at the airport, though I would wait to get information about turnaround times for results) and a PCR test upon landing. Ostensibly you should be able to exit quarantine once both those results are recorded with the MOH. You might need to actually submit the results and apply for quarantine exemption.
-- Dan