Author Topic: Le Meridien Cancun as low as $94  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Hudi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Le Meridien Cancun as low as $94
« on: August 18, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
http://www.jetsetter.com/sale/meridiencancun3/lemeridiencancun?nm=splash&cl=0

Q: Do you earn starpoints when you book with JetSetter?

Living Social also has a package for one of their upper suites. http://livingsocial.com/escapes/91361-cancun-resort-+-luxury-spa

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Le Meridien Cancun as low as $94
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
Q: Do you earn starpoints when you book with JetSetter?
Nope.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline joesol

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »
Avoid the Le Meridian. I was in Cancun in March and there is a new hotel being built right next to Le Meridian that is causing a lot of dust, noise and blocking a great deal on sun.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:35:13 AM »
Aside from the sun being blocked by the new hotel next door is it once of the best Starwood i've ever experienced and their service was incredible even as a Gold. However, if your intention is to sit at their pool all day, what Joesol mentioned can be an issue.

There is a new Westin time share hotel that offers large rooms with Kitchenettes and in a much better location then the Le Meridien.

If I went back I would definitely stay at the Le Meridien again.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
I've stayed at that new Westin (Lagunamar) and it is really nice.  It's directly across the street from La Isla shopping center and it has a bus stop in front.

As far as the hotel goes, I was there in May and even with the humidity, it was still gorgeous.  They have wonderful pools, a nice fitness club, spacious rooms with kitchenetts (as mentioned above) and washer/ dryers.  They only have 2 room setups, one being a king bed, the other a queen with a pull out couch, but they do have joining rooms.  The hallways are outdoors (no A/C) but the rooms a wonderful A/C.

They also seem to have high Cash & Points availability (I believe its 4,000 points & $60)

I would highly recommend it.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 01:55:57 AM »
I've stayed at le meridian (about two years ago) -- hotel was super nice, but because I was in my mid 20s, I should have stayed at all an all-inclusive resort where the clientele would have been younger (or more my age)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper