Topic Wiki

For anyone who would like to help the families suffering, can donate here. Tizku L'mitzvos! May we always hear בשורות טובות!
https://www.charidy.com/cmp/karlintragedy/25980
« Last edited by yesitsme on May 30, 2021, 01:51:16 PM »

Author Topic: Bleachers Collapse In Karlin-Stolin  (Read 44470 times)

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Re: Bleachers Collapse In Karlin-Stolin
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2021, 11:58:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/joshbreiner/status/1395345246297509888

Dovid Aryeh Froind (פריינד) is the Karlin chossid under arrest.
Is this really important to share? Was anyone missing anything in their lives without this information?
(Reminds me of when @Dan had a friend who passed away last year. Some were happy to help the family, and some just couldn't get past the curiosity of exactly how the person passed away...)
If you delete your post, I'll be happy to delete mine.

Offline yerushabubby

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2021, 11:59:26 AM »
That’s exactly the problem. You’re justifying breaking safety laws because you think the law isn’t fair.

Tofes Arba has nothing to do with how safe or unsafe the bleachers are.  It deals with whether the building was built according to the plans which were submitted - not even whether or not those plans are safe!  I have heard of building alterations being denied tofes arba even though the changes made the building safer!  True, it does not justify breaking the law, but if the chanukas habayis was planned based on when the inspector was supposed to come, it may have been too complicated to change plans by the time they realized the  paperwork wouldn't be done in time.  For all we know, the inspection had already taken place, but the inspector neglected to file the papers in a timely fashion!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2021, 12:08:04 PM »
It deals with whether the building was built according to the plans which were submitted - not even whether or not those plans are safe! 
Tofes 4 (COO) isn't issued until the fire department checks the safety. It doesn't have direct impact on the bleachers, but it is another breach of safety laws. Luckily, that one didn't lead to any casualties. I believe it may have indirectly caused the entire event being illegal and therefore no police/municipal safety checks, but I am not sure exactly how those works.

Is this really important to share? Was anyone missing anything in their lives without this information?
Yes. It's important to know that after 2 major tragedies in a month there is justice and people should think twice before breaching safety laws, as is being advocated on these forums. We care about preventing the next victims more than protecting the perpetrators.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 12:26:41 PM by PlatinumGuy »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2021, 12:13:36 PM »
Yes. It's important to know that after 2 major tragedies in a month there is justice and people should think twice before breaching safety laws, as is being advocated on these forums. We care about preventing the next victims more than protecting the perpetrators.

All I can say is you are sick. From your posts to your mindset.
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Online Abebee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2021, 12:16:38 PM »
It's important to know that after 2 major tragedies in a month there is justice and people should think twice before breaching safety laws, as is being advocated on these forums. We care about preventing the next victims more than protecting the perpetrators.
Some are responsible but not guilty!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2021, 12:17:28 PM »
I guess you also think abuse stories should be swept under the rug?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »
Some are responsible but not guilty!
A line coined by Amir Ohana, the pathetic minister in charge. Time will tell.

Offline yakov116

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2021, 12:21:25 PM »
I guess you also think abuse stories should be swept under the rug?

No. But I think not everything has to be posted everywhere. AND Abuse and these stories ARE very different.

I am also disgusted by your attitude in the israel thread. You need some serous hashkafa help.

/rant
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2021, 12:23:19 PM »
You quote a post that is advocating stopping this from happening again and you call him sick?
What is wrong with this picture?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline boro boy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 45
    • View Profile
👆hit the like button :-)

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2021, 12:40:42 PM »
You quote a post that is advocating stopping this from happening again and you call him sick?
In Judaism there's this thing called loshon hara. One can advocate just fine without the need to vomit out the name of someone taken into custody who hasn’t been found guilty yet of anything & certainly had no intention to harm anyone. Nobody here had to know the name at this point in time. It’s a terrible habit to be addicted to.
This was a terrible tragedy, not someone purposely abusing people. Anyone who can’t tell the 2 apart needs help desperately.

If someone’s found guilty he’ll get his justice.

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2021, 12:43:00 PM »
In Judaism there's this thing called loshon hara. One can advocate just fine without the need to vomit out the name of someone taken into custody who hasn’t been found guilty yet of anything & certainly had no intention to harm anyone. Nobody here had to know the name at this point in time. It’s a terrible habit to be addicted to.
This was a terrible tragedy, not someone purposely abusing people. Anyone who can’t tell the 2 apart needs help desperately.

Perfectly stated

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2021, 12:48:02 PM »

The post in question and the one I responded to did not have anyone named.

Online TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2021, 12:52:47 PM »
Go back & read it.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2021, 12:56:57 PM »
Tofes 4 (COO) isn't issued until the fire department checks the safety. It doesn't have direct impact on the bleachers, but it is another breach of safety laws. Luckily, that one didn't lead to any casualties. I believe it may have indirectly caused the entire event being illegal and therefore no police/municipal safety checks, but I am not sure exactly how those works.
I agree with most of what your saying but blanket condemning tofes 4 violation and equating it to badly built bleachers is ridiculous. It seems clear the bleacher were problematic. You and I and anyone else have no idea what the tofes 4 situation was. Why are you running to judge and piling in everything that you think can make it look more negative. If I didn't know I would say you were a prosecutor building a case against them by any means possible. Tofes 4 can be a real issue or can be arbitrary and inconsequential depending on the circumstances. It can even be held up because someone in the iriya wants a bigger bribe. כל מקרה לגופו. The least you can do after such a tragedy is not run to judge. Thats what I was trying to say in my first reply to you too. Before clear and definitive footage of the bleachers was out you were already mid rant about how the people who built the bleachers shoudnt sit in jail. If people here judged you that fast you would have been out after one post.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2021, 12:57:42 PM »

Go back & read it.
OK now what?

Online TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2021, 01:05:34 PM »
OK now what?
This post
was responding to this post
(Reminds me of when @Dan had a friend who passed away last year. Some were happy to help the family, and some just couldn't get past the curiosity of exactly how the person passed away...)
If you delete your post, I'll be happy to delete mine.
Which was responding to
***** **** ***** (****) is the Karlin chossid under arrest.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »

When you quote a post and your post is basically a response to not the post you quoted don't blame me.  :)

Online shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2021, 01:23:32 PM »
?לשון הרע
Will probably be very hard to find one responsible party.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪