Author Topic: My Brother just got kicked off AA for being jewish  (Read 6608 times)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: My Brother just got kicked off AA for being jewish
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2024, 06:35:20 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/aa/american-still-hasnt-responded-accusations-anti-semitism-think-see-safety-issue-plane/

Great writeup, and that would indeed look like a dent to me too. (Which personally I'd brush off that it's how it is designed to be.)
Talking about pilots and crew members not taking your concern seriously, always remember that their own life is also on the line so that should be kind of an assurance, unless you believe something is really off.

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: My Brother just got kicked off AA for being jewish
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2024, 01:10:17 PM »
always remember that their own life is also on the line so that should be kind of an assurance, unless you believe something is really off.
Not necessarily. They may be reluctant to act due to the 'diffusion of responsibility' that may accur.

At first when I read the story I thought that while, I don't think that Yehuda's persistence warranted him being booted, he could have considered the fact that the FA and pilot have not acknowledged his concern as a sign that everything was in fact ok.

However, reading the 2nd story @Dan shared in his follow up, makes me question whether that is true.

Here's a quote from the article:
Sure that it was a serious problem, she got out of her seat and approached the flight attendants. They too, told her it was nothing and she should return to her seat.
Ultimately it was something, yet the FA didn't take it seriously. Only after asking to be deboarded did they take her concern seriously. Whether it was arrogance or ignorance; that doesn't give me much confidence in your 'assurance'.