Author Topic: Have We Lost Our Appreciation for living in and visiting Eretz Yisroel  (Read 3962 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I was actually at the site of that terror attack about 15 minutes afterwards. I felt complety safe, as did everybody around me. When people in NY are attacked, people get scared. Yes, people I. Ey run to bombshells. There are animals there in the form of human beings. But 10 minutes later, life continues as normal. Here, people change there entire lifestyle. Stop taking public transportation,  run out to get guns, take karate lessons. There is a sense of fear.

Perhaps because in EY people became used to life under threat and people here are still used to the calm and safety we had up until Covid?

Offline DaasTora

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I was actually at the site of that terror attack about 15 minutes afterwards. I felt complety safe, as did everybody around me. When people in NY are attacked, people get scared. Yes, people I. Ey run to bombshells. There are animals there in the form of human beings. But 10 minutes later, life continues as normal. Here, people change there entire lifestyle. Stop taking public transportation,  run out to get guns, take karate lessons. There is a sense of fear.
I wasn’t talking about “feeling” safe which I agree that most Israelis do. I meant “BEING” safe. Quoting pesukim and gedolim doesn’t change the facts on the ground.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Perhaps because in EY people became used to life under threat and people here are still used to the calm and safety we had up until Covid?
Thanks for the compliment. But I'm born and bred right here in the USA. As I believe a few other member who agreed with me here.