Author Topic: Google domain  (Read 2986 times)

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Re: Google domain
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2024, 12:48:36 PM »
I want the domain and email associated with it, But its linked with his other domains, Can it be separated and ten i can become admin and pay separately for it etc?
Yes
3 things here
1. Where the domain is registered
2. Where the site is hosted
3. Email (google workspace)

You should be able to transfer the domain from the current registrar to your own account at godaddy or wherever you want the domain to be registered. At that time I think you will need to reconfigure DNS so that it continues to point to the correct website and so that the MX records point correctly for email. I haven't done this with google domains though. If you can clarify the answers to the 3 items listed above it might help people point you in the right direction.

This might help: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/3251178?hl=en
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2024, 01:37:21 PM »
Yes
3 things here

You should be able to transfer the domain from the current registrar to your own account at godaddy or wherever you want the domain to be registered. At that time I think you will need to reconfigure DNS so that it continues to point to the correct website and so that the MX records point correctly for email. I haven't done this with google domains though. If you can clarify the answers to the 3 items listed above it might help people point you in the right direction.

I paid for google domain
Yes
3 things here

Thanks,
Hope they will figure it out based on what you sent.

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2024, 12:05:10 AM »
I'm guessing, maybe what he's trying to accomplish is that the domain is an alias to an existing workspace account, and he wants to transfer it to a separate/new account. Is that correct?
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline eli1571

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2024, 07:49:40 PM »
Thanks all,  managed to get the domain and emails transferred.
Another question, can I link my private @gmail.com address to be able to share the memory space ? And is there any reason not to do it ? (Also posted in the gmail thred)