Author Topic: Weird issues getting a Freedom card  (Read 3442 times)

Offline aje6890

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Weird issues getting a Freedom card
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:43:45 PM »
I just opened up an account at Chase last week and applied for a Freedom card. I just graduated college and started working full time recently. I'm working at a Real Estate firm and I am getting paid a nice salary. This is going to be my first credit card. My banker that set up my account for me took care of the application for me. He got a call from the underwriter at Chase that they wanted a copy of my driver's license. My current mailing address, which I listed on my application, is not the same as the address listed on my license. I was told that everything is good on my application and they will give me the Freedom card if I can prove my current address. I had a few proofs of residency, including a bank statement from my other bank, but none of them was acceptable to them for some reason. Basically they want me to change the address on my license, which I just did online, but my new license is going to take 2 weeks to be received.

I'm slightly nervous that if I go back to them in 2 weeks with my proof of residency, they are going to be suspicious that it took me 2 weeks to come up with a proof of residency.

I'm thinking about just applying again online instead of through my banker. Are they going to ask me for any additional info or documentation if I apply online? I don't want to do anything stupid and have both my applications rejected. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, is it normal for a credit card company to require a copy of my license or a proof of residency? Why would it concern them that my current mailing address is different than the address listed on my license? Seems kind of petty and ridiculous to me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 01:48:44 PM by jj1000 »

Offline Shmulie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Wierd issues getting a Freedom card
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:48:18 PM »
I just opened up an account at Chase last week and applied for a Freedom card. I just graduated college and started working full time recently. I'm working at a Real Estate firm and I am getting paid a nice salary. This is going to be my first credit card. My banker that set up my account for me took care of the application for me. He got a call from the underwriter at Chase that they wanted a copy of my driver's license. My current mailing address, which I listed on my application, is not the same as the address listed on my license. I was told that everything is good on my application and they will give me the Freedom card if I can prove my current address. I had a few proofs of residency, including a bank statement from my other bank, but none of them was acceptable to them for some reason. Basically they want me to change the address on my license, which I just did online, but my new license is going to take 2 weeks to be received.

I'm slightly nervous that if I go back to them in 2 weeks with my proof of residency, they are going to be suspicious that it took me 2 weeks to come up with a proof of residency.

I'm thinking about just applying again online instead of through my banker. Are they going to ask me for any additional info or documentation if I apply online? I don't want to do anything stupid and have both my applications rejected. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, is it normal for a credit card company to require a copy of my license or a proof of residency? Why would it concern them that my current mailing address is different than the address listed on my license? Seems kind of petty and ridiculous to me.

I just applied for my first CC to chase freedom on Sunday and called them on Monday and I got approved they didn't need proof like that for me I did it online

Offline raphy781

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Weird issues getting a Freedom card
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »

They do occasionally ask that you verify information that you put on the application. Especially if things don't match up. Sending it in in 2 weeks shouldn't be a problem (as far as them suspecting fraud). I would advise you to take it into a branch (ask them to scan it into Iball) as opposed to faxing it in as it can take them upto 14 days to receive the fax and by then it may be 30 days from when you applied.
No reason apply again and waste another pull only to end up where you are now.

Offline aje6890

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wierd issues getting a Freedom card
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »
I just applied for my first CC to chase freedom on Sunday and called them on Monday and I got approved they didn't need proof like that for me I did it online

Thanks for the reply. Did you have any previous credit? (listed as an AU or else?)

Offline Shmulie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:33:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Did you have any previous credit? (listed as an AU or else?)
Yeah my mom put me on as an AU on 2 of her cards

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:27:05 PM »
They do occasionally ask that you verify information that you put on the application. Especially if things don't match up. Sending it in in 2 weeks shouldn't be a problem (as far as them suspecting fraud). I would advise you to take it into a branch (ask them to scan it into Iball) as opposed to faxing it in as it can take them upto 14 days to receive the fax and by then it may be 30 days from when you applied.
No reason apply again and waste another pull only to end up where you are now.

+1