Author Topic: How to do the eligible spending  (Read 769 times)

Offline cfx

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
How to do the eligible spending
« on: November 23, 2023, 03:36:44 PM »
I signed up for a Wells Fargo Checking account to earn the $325 bonus they were offering. I thought it said that zelle payments to the account would be okay, but once I was approved, I see that I misunderstood.

I really don't want to change my ACH details with my employeer in order to get the bonus. Based on the below requirements, any suggestions on how I can get the $1k transfered another way?

Bonus Requirements:

Open a new Wells Fargo consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by January 16, 2024. All account applications are subject to approval.

Within 90 calendar days of account opening (the "qualification period"), receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying electronic deposits to your new checking account.

A qualifying electronic deposit is a deposit of funds, such as your salary, government benefit payment, or other income, that has posted to your account and is (1) a direct deposit made through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, (2) an instant payment processed through the RTP® network (real-time payment system) or FedNowSM Service, or (3) an electronic credit from a third party service that facilitates payments to your debit card using the Visa® or Mastercard® network (e.g. an Original Credit Transaction). Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, Zelle®, or deposits made at a branch or ATM are not considered a qualifying electronic deposit.

An ACH direct deposit made available early with Early Pay Day does not count toward the bonus requirements until it posts to your account and is no longer pending (e.g. the pay date scheduled by your payor).

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: How to do the eligible spending
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 03:39:26 PM »
Sell $1,000 worth of items on Amazon (after fees)

Offline Realshlomo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 03:45:17 PM »
I signed up for a Wells Fargo Checking account to earn the $325 bonus they were offering. I thought it said that zelle payments to the account would be okay, but once I was approved, I see that I misunderstood.

I really don't want to change my ACH details with my employeer in order to get the bonus. Based on the below requirements, any suggestions on how I can get the $1k transfered another way?

Bonus Requirements:

Open a new Wells Fargo consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by January 16, 2024. All account applications are subject to approval.

Within 90 calendar days of account opening (the "qualification period"), receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying electronic deposits to your new checking account.

A qualifying electronic deposit is a deposit of funds, such as your salary, government benefit payment, or other income, that has posted to your account and is (1) a direct deposit made through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, (2) an instant payment processed through the RTP network (real-time payment system) or FedNowSM Service, or (3) an electronic credit from a third party service that facilitates payments to your debit card using the Visa or Mastercard network (e.g. an Original Credit Transaction). Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, Zelle, or deposits made at a branch or ATM are not considered a qualifying electronic deposit.

An ACH direct deposit made available early with Early Pay Day does not count toward the bonus requirements until it posts to your account and is no longer pending (e.g. the pay date scheduled by your payor).
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-count-direct-deposits/?_gl=1*1vokl28*_ga*YW1wLUVhQWNMM2hEbF9YOTJFVE9GN0doVjZHODdrYWtPVklicTRvVUwtcjFvR1BOTzJwSVMyakw5SVVHcUQwVHBGLVg.#Wells_Fargo

Offline cfx

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 01:03:13 AM »
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-count-direct-deposits/?_gl=1*1vokl28*_ga*YW1wLUVhQWNMM2hEbF9YOTJFVE9GN0doVjZHODdrYWtPVklicTRvVUwtcjFvR1BOTzJwSVMyakw5SVVHcUQwVHBGLVg.#Wells_Fargo

Thank you! I am very overwhelmed by this post though... Any clear guidance?

Offline jfish227

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »
SoFi money looks like an easy one

Offline Realshlomo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 08:48:37 AM »
Not sure how much clearer it can get then that.

Did you click the link? It clearly states what triggers the direct deposit bonus and what doesn't, with data points attached...

I can't spoon feed it any better, unless you want me to send your banking info and I do it for you?