Topic Wiki

We all would love to help you with resturant recomendations - when asking please specify which US hechsherim you eat - so we can give suggestions you would eat in!

Additional relevent threads

Israel Hotels Master Thread
Short/Long term apartment rentals in Israel Master Thread
Restaurants In Israel Master Thread
Off The Beaten path in Yerushalaim
Shabbos meals in Jerusalem
Golan/Galil, Israel, Master thread
Eilat, Israel, Master Thread
Dead Sea, Israel, Master Thread
Tiberias, Israel Master Thread

Life In Israel Master Thread
Something Fishy's First Trip to Israel - Planning Thread
Help a n00b experience what Israel has to offer.
Israel Trip Report/Blog (I am there now! so tips appreciated)
Frozen meat to Israel
Tel Aviv Hotels Offering Day Passes
How to do Sukkos in Jerusalem
Interesting restaurants in Jerusalm
First time visit to Israel during Purim in March 2024....Mistake?
Trip itinerary planner for israel
Best Stopover Vacation Countries in Europe on Way to Israel
Cruises from Israel
thread discussing highway tolls in Israel
Lag Baomer in Meron 2022
Vacation area in Israel similar to the Catskills?
Best way to get around Israel
Sharm el-Sheikh
Chu"l  Minyan this Shevuos in Yerushalayim
Israel Master Thread: Things To Do, Places To Eat

Emergency numbers
Police 100
Hatzolah AND Ambulance 101 or 1221
Fire 102

Drivers - Yisroel - Executive Drives - 972-58 411 1671 - see page 654, post 9800 for review

Misc. Reviews
Shmelly

Activities

Jerusalem Area

Begin Museum- outside the Old City
Caliber 3- Shooting Range in Gush Etzion
Ramparts Walk- on top of the Old City walls
Tzomet Institute - Alon Shvut
Kotel Tunnel Tours/Old City Jewish and/or Muslim Quarter Tours (PM satturn if you want a private tour)
Old City Jewish and Muslim Quarter Tours (pm @satturn )
Churva/Ramban
Machon Hamikdash
Burnt house
Gichon
4 Sephardi Shuls
Old Yishuv Court
Shiloach/Gichon

2048 - Tlv - Incredible fun experience! Active Activities in each room. cool team game, electrifying, challenging and especially fun!
Time Elevator in Jerusalem- Don't waste your time.
City of David (Ir David)-Amazing-you must take a tour to fully understand the site.
Segway tour-interesting way to waste a few hrs-NOT an absolute must do
Biking - Beatiful trails in the valleys outside of the city. PM Drago if interested.
http://tmsifting.org/en/visitor-and-volunteer-information/
https://www.patbamelach.com/
https://www.galita.co.il/en
Yad Vashem
Martef Hashoah - Kever Dovid
Migdal Dovid- Museum of Jerusalem
Bibical Zoo/Aquarium/Ein Yael
Tax Museum
Gush Katif Museum
Science Museum
Bible Lands Museum
Israel Museum
Italian Jewish Art Museum
Beit Harav Kook
Underground prisoners
Kneset /Rose Garden/Bird watching
Shuk Machane Yehuda - Kever of Gerrer Rebbes
Mearat Tzidkiyahu/Rockefeller Museum
Belz Shul
Har Hatzofim
Har Hazeisim
Har Hamenuchos
Ammunition Hill
CHaggall Windows @ Haddasa
Chutzot HaYotzer/Park Teddy
Great Syn/Jewish Art Museum
National Library
Supreme Court
Jclay
Mamila
Gan Sacher - sports fields, picniking, exercise equpment, amazing huge kids climbing area

Tel Aviv/Center

Blind or Deaf Museum in Cholon- Blind, amazing. Deaf, good. Prior reservation needed.
Hagana Museum in Tel Aviv--15NIS per adult; students free; a bit disjointed and kind of fake acting in the videos, but mostly very interesting and educational.
Bullet Factory in Rechovot

Beit Shemesh to Modiin area (Jerusalem Corridor)

Escape the Machsan escape room (Rechov Nachal Sorek)
Stalactite caves
Renting bikes or the ezraider scooters for the Britannia/Adulam parks
Agrocafe coffee workshop
Several wineries in the area
Lots of towns from first Beit Hamikdash period in Adulam and nearby, worth getting a guide.
Caves from bar kochva period in Adulam
H/T Drago
Mini Israel- Love it or hate it
Latrun Tank Museum - Mini Israel
Slifkin's Tanach Museum
Park Rabin - hiking...
Park Begin - hiking...
Park Modiin -- great for kids
Derech Burma

North

"My Baby - Kids' Airport" - amusement park, mostly indoors, awesome for the entire family. Bowling, wall climbing that all ages can enjoy, bungee jumping, bumper carts, carousels, huge swings, Space Jump, tons, 2 huge buildings. Located in Kfar Yasif, Yarka. Near highways 70 & 85. https://www.mybaby.co.il/about
Kfar Kedem - https://www.k-k.co.il/?lang=en
Rosh Hanikra- Way up north

Golan Heights

Bereshit Apple processing center
Tel Dan nature reserve (similiar to Banias Waterfall -slightly easier & toddler friendly)
Banias Waterfall
Nimrod's Fortress in the Golan
Kayaking down the Jordan River
Mount Hermon Ski Lift
Mount Bental Overlook/Bunkers
Golan Heights Winery
Yehudiya Nature Reserve Hiking

South

Nachal Dragot (aka Darja)- an intense hike near the Dead Sea
Sunrise tour of Masada, Ein Gedi, and Dead Sea aprx $70

Good summary of many hikes:
http://hikingintheholyland.com/

FB group with many ideas of activities
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kidsdaysoutisrael

Separate Beaches - AS OF 2022!
The suitability of the area around the separate beach area varies.

Separate Areas for Men and Women:
Tveria - Kinar Hotel
Tveria - Chof Menachem
Tveria - near Chamei Tveria
Yam Hamelach - International Beach
Yam Hamelach - Chamei Zohar

Men: Mon, Wed, Fri - Women: Sun, Tues, Thurs
Akko X2
Ashdod
Ashkelon
Bat Yam
Chaifa X2
Hertzilya (only in the summer?? BZ only??)
Netanya - Kiryat Sanz
Rishon Letzion
Tel Aviv - Sheraton

Men: Tues, Fri - Women: Mon, Weds
Nahariya

Switches bet Mornings (7a-1p) and Afternoons (1p-7p)
Chadera '
Men Morning: Sun, tues, thurs  - afternoon: Mon, wed, fri
Women Morning: Mon, Weds, Fri - Afternoon: Sun, Tues, Thurs
« Last edited by Euclid on October 03, 2023, 11:46:22 AM »

Author Topic: Things To Do In Israel Master Thread  (Read 2351706 times)

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
Re: Israel Master Thread: Things To Do, Places To Eat
« Reply #7580 on: July 01, 2016, 06:20:25 AM »
There are at least 2 repair shops on Yaffo.

Thanks. Do you know if the repair shops on yaffo are open on motzei shabbos?

Offline SLMYRCB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: July 01, 2016, 06:21:13 AM »
Thanks. Do you know if the repair shops on yaffo are open on motzei shabbos?
No idea

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:02 AM »

I've had terrible tzoros with that guy.
If it's not loshon horah, the guys a chazer and an absolute ganniv.
Seems you had a bad experience. Care to expound?  I have used him numerous times and was very satisfied.

Offline SLMYRCB

• View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: July 01, 2016, 07:00:45 AM »
Seems you had a bad experience. Care to expound?  I have used him numerous times and was very satisfied.
3 occasions:

1. My wife buys a phone charger there, it brakes 2-3 weeks later. (It didn't just brake, it started sparking but luckily it didn't blow the phone). Fine, things happen...

2. My wife bought another phone charger (lesson learned: she bought one for a bit more expensive). Took it home, opened it, didn't work. Brought it back and he refused to take it since it was opened (those hard plastic cases that have to be cut to open). Maybe he's not on good terms with his suppliers or doesn't want to deal with getting it refunded. Now he's an idiot...

3. My wife's phone drops and the screen shatters (still usable but inconvenient). She takes it to him. He says a week, she says "we're traveling this coming weekend can you do 4 days?", he says yes. I don't remember the exact price but it was 300-400 shekel. Thursday morning (4 days later) she goes to pickup the phone. He tells her that he tried fixing it but since the frame was slightly nicked from the fall, he broke his new screen that he tried putting on. She tells him that we're traveling so if he can just put back on the shattered screen for now and she'll come back after the weekend when we return. He tells her that he is not giving back the phone unless she gives him 150 shekel. She tells him that he has nothing to worry about, she'd gladly give the full 300-400 shekel next week when she brings back the phone to try again. He starts screaming at her that that's a separate charge, he wants 150 now for his screen that broke (that he broke, mind you). She leaves the store empty handed.

I go down there in the afternoon (flights in the evening). I start hondling with him and I see he's not budging from his "entitled" 150 shekel. There's a 60ish Israeli woman in the store who takes my side, things heat up and she tells him that he's a m*nyak. He's not so happy. I realize that I have to get my hands on the phone before it escalates even more. I tell him that I'll give him the 150 if he gives back the phone with the shattered screen and then I'll come back the next week for the 300-400 shekel replacement (I had no intention of paying the 150 or returning the next week, I would have taken it the phone and run). He tells me he threw out the shattered screens so he can't return the phone with a screen (but he still wants 150!). I ask him to show me the nick in the frame, maybe I can bend it straight. He reluctantly shows it to me, I grabbed it and ran for my life.

I had it fixed in London that weekend for £40.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:07:05 AM by SLMYRCB »

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: July 01, 2016, 11:04:40 AM »
3 occasions:

1. My wife buys a phone charger there, it brakes 2-3 weeks later. (It didn't just brake, it started sparking but luckily it didn't blow the phone). Fine, things happen...

2. My wife bought another phone charger (lesson learned: she bought one for a bit more expensive). Took it home, opened it, didn't work. Brought it back and he refused to take it since it was opened (those hard plastic cases that have to be cut to open). Maybe he's not on good terms with his suppliers or doesn't want to deal with getting it refunded. Now he's an idiot...

3. My wife's phone drops and the screen shatters (still usable but inconvenient). She takes it to him. He says a week, she says "we're traveling this coming weekend can you do 4 days?", he says yes. I don't remember the exact price but it was 300-400 shekel. Thursday morning (4 days later) she goes to pickup the phone. He tells her that he tried fixing it but since the frame was slightly nicked from the fall, he broke his new screen that he tried putting on. She tells him that we're traveling so if he can just put back on the shattered screen for now and she'll come back after the weekend when we return. He tells her that he is not giving back the phone unless she gives him 150 shekel. She tells him that he has nothing to worry about, she'd gladly give the full 300-400 shekel next week when she brings back the phone to try again. He starts screaming at her that that's a separate charge, he wants 150 now for his screen that broke (that he broke, mind you). She leaves the store empty handed.

I go down there in the afternoon (flights in the evening). I start hondling with him and I see he's not budging from his "entitled" 150 shekel. There's a 60ish Israeli woman in the store who takes my side, things heat up and she tells him that he's a m*nyak. He's not so happy. I realize that I have to get my hands on the phone before it escalates even more. I tell him that I'll give him the 150 if he gives back the phone with the shattered screen and then I'll come back the next week for the 300-400 shekel replacement (I had no intention of paying the 150 or returning the next week, I would have taken it the phone and run). He tells me he threw out the shattered screens so he can't return the phone with a screen (but he still wants 150!). I ask him to show me the nick in the frame, maybe I can bend it straight. He reluctantly shows it to me, I grabbed it and ran for my life.

Wow! What a story!

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: July 01, 2016, 12:06:35 PM »
3 occasions:

Lol... Love it

Offline travel-ing

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: July 02, 2016, 04:13:32 PM »
3 occasions:

awesome ending!

Offline travel-ing

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: July 02, 2016, 04:14:30 PM »
Thanks. He told me he doesn't have parts for a moto x (i need a new charging port). Any ideas on which shop will have? The guy told me that motorola is not popular in Israel and its gonna be hard to find.
saba phone by davidka square is very good and fast.

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: July 02, 2016, 04:18:39 PM »
Thanks i'll check it out

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
« Reply #7589 on: July 03, 2016, 01:35:54 AM »
+1.  Nice people there.

Offline SLMYRCB

• View Profile
« Reply #7590 on: July 03, 2016, 04:58:56 AM »
Anybody have the number to this place?

Offline Elite1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United 1K, ELAL PLT, AA GLD,
« Reply #7591 on: July 03, 2016, 05:37:39 AM »
Anybody have the number to this place?

02-650-5520

Offline dealsmark1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: July 05, 2016, 03:11:18 PM »
any body know of nice tzimer in netanya for shabbos?tnx

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: July 05, 2016, 08:28:28 PM »
Anyone go mountain biking in Ramon crater?
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: July 05, 2016, 10:03:37 PM »
looking for a 1 br dira in mountains around tveryah for a couple nights in august. jacuzzi would be nice

Offline Abet rich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz PC, National EE
« Reply #7595 on: July 06, 2016, 05:24:15 AM »
looking for a 1 br dira in mountains around tveryah for a couple nights in august. jacuzzi would be nice
Try Airbnb
Contact me at abereich19@gmail.com for all help and info.

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: July 06, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »
Anyone ever take an Old City walking tour with Yankelowitz? Looking into that vs. Simcha Hochbaum
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
« Reply #7597 on: July 06, 2016, 11:33:01 AM »
Anyone ever take an Old City walking tour with Yankelowitz?
My friends have. They loved it.

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: July 06, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »
Anyone ever take an Old City walking tour with Yankelowitz? Looking into that vs. Simcha Hochbaum
I personally have and imho was unbelievable, informative, entertaining, and a lot of fun, got to go places i wouldnt have gone otherwise... he has a whole style thats very captivating unlike a standard tour guide

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: July 06, 2016, 04:06:17 PM »
Whats the risk if any of bringing a suitcase full of raw meat through customs in ben gurion?