DansDeals Forum > Destination Guides And Trip Planning

Cook Islands Master Thread

<< < (2/2)

Iz:

--- Quote from: Something Fishy on June 21, 2018, 05:45:36 PM ---Mods can track any DDFer by GPS at all times, don't you know?

--- End quote ---
The scary thing is that I don't know if you're serious or joking!

aygart:

--- Quote from: Something Fishy on June 21, 2018, 05:45:36 PM ---Mods can track any DDFer by GPS at all times, don't you know?

--- End quote ---
LOL, joke is on you. Mods GPS is easily available at all times for anyone who knows how to find it.  :-X
If you don't know I will not help you by PM-even if ur a mod :P

mgarfin:

--- End quote ---
If site keeps a log of ip address used to login to DDF by user, it should be fairly easy.

PBaruch:

--- Quote from: ukinny on June 21, 2018, 11:04:36 AM ---Hi everybody! I am planning a trip to the Cook Islands for Summer 2019, and was curious if anyone has any experience with any hotels there, whether to focus on Rarotonga or Aitutaki (or other), etc...?

--- End quote ---

Howdy - I'm back from Alaska as my DDF tracker will attest. 

I did some research a while back and also had the opportunity to chat with some men and women from the Cook Islands at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii.  I personally would not want to spend any significant period of time in Rarotonga.  I'd rather spend more time on other outlying islands.

Air Rarotonga has a Northern Atolls Expedition, which costs $5,475.00 per person. This includes 1 night Penrhyn, 2 nights Manihiki and 1 night Pukapuka. Accommodation and tours is additional. Accommodation in Pukapuka and Penrhyn is guest house type where you get your own room but share kitchen and bathroom facilites ($150 per person includes meals) and Manihiki has 2 beach bungalows ($250 per room includes meals).

Flight time from Rarotonga to the Northern Group Islands is approximately 4 hours one way. Cook Islands is scattered over 2.2 million square kms of ocean.

This is the information I received in an email exchange with Air Rarotonga.

I'd love to go and build my own trip including to another island not on this tour.

Information can be found here:

http://www.airraro.com/en/tours/northern-atolls-experience

ukinny:
That is awesome info, thanks @PBaruch ! I hadn't even considered anything other than Rarotonga and aitutaki - now I need to read up on the Northern Atolls!! :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version