Author Topic: Eurovision: Eden Golan's October Rain/Hurricane In Malmo  (Read 4348 times)

Offline DaasTora

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision: Eden Golan's October Rain/Hurricane In Malmo
« Reply #260 on: Yesterday at 11:48:43 PM »
I'm sure the כחי ועוצם ידי people are rolling over in their graves at a song representing Israel that says לא צריך מילים גדולות, רק תפילות.

When Chayalim are all lining up for Moshiach patches, Chitas seforim and microfilms, and Tefillin, you know that just maybe, the Chabad approach isn't a bad one. We can cut off 95% of world Jewry and be ah tzaddik in peltz, or we can work to bring them back.
Well said! We still don’t have to praise them on an orthodox website though……

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: Yesterday at 11:49:44 PM »
You and others seem to be intentionally misconstruing what I wrote. I wrote what I wrote at the beginning and the end of the post with intention.
Your lip service for ahavas yisroel is just that and won't have its intended effect.
Ahavas Yisroel takes many forms and a version different than yours isn’t necessarily lip service. Sometimes Ahavas Yisroel means Just Love Them. Sometimes it means coming down hard on students who violated a rule they signed they would abide by. (IYKYK) It doesn’t always take the form of dancing to Am Yisroel Chai, as compelling as those visuals are. Applauding an act that essentially attacks the fabric of the הבדלה בין ישראל לעמים is not an appropriate manifestation of Ahavas Yisroel any more that the Baal/Asheira priest in my example above, as well intentioned and innocently misguided the T”S  was.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:04:56 AM by jye »

Offline Me and you

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Today at 12:08:16 AM »
One who thinks that he’s Jewish because he dose mitzvah and learns Torah, never really understood what doing a mitzvah is, or what Judaism is
Sad

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #263 on: Today at 12:11:54 AM »
Well said! We still don’t have to praise them on an orthodox website though……
Ahavas Yisroel takes many forms and a version different than yours isn’t necessarily lip service. Sometimes Ahavas Yisroel means Just Love Them. Sometimes it means coming down hard on students who violated a rule they signed they would abide by. (IYKYK) It doesn’t always take the form of dancing to Am Yisroel Chai, as compelling as those visuals are. Applauding an act that essentially attacks the fabric of the הבדלה בין ישראל לעמים is not an appropriate manifestation of Ahavas Yisroel any more that the Baal/Asheira priest in my example above, as well intentioned and innocently misguided the T”S  was.
You and others seem to be intentionally misconstruing what I wrote. I wrote what I wrote at the beginning and the end of the post with intention.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Today at 12:28:17 AM »
Lets try this. Lets say Meir Kay is standing in Times Square thinking he's the quintessential Lubavitcher spreading light and love to the world, giving free hugs to random passerby, men and women alike. Then, a pro Palestinian mob shows up and tries to intimidate him, but he perseveres, he holds on to his chabad flag and pin despite the attempts to tear it off, and still manages to hug woman after woman, man after man, not bowing to the mob's attempts to stop the chabad outreach mission he undertook. Would you praise him as being a proud Lubavitcher? Does that make any sense?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #265 on: Today at 12:32:35 AM »
Lets try this. Lets say Meir Kay is standing in Times Square thinking he's the quintessential Lubavitcher spreading light and love to the world, giving free hugs to random passerby, men and women alike. Then, a pro Palestinian mob shows up and tries to intimidate him, but he perseveres, he holds on to his chabad flag and pin despite the attempts to tear it off, and still manages to hug woman after woman, man after man, not bowing to the mob's attempts to stop the chabad outreach mission he undertook. Would you praise him as being a proud Lubavitcher? Does that make any sense?
What kind of idiocy is this to compare an FFB to a T"S?!?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Today at 12:34:05 AM »
What kind of idiocy is this to compare an FFB to a T"S?!?

Replace him with a baal tshuva who doesn't know much better and is still newish to chabad

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Today at 12:39:11 AM »
Replace him with a baal tshuva who doesn't know much better and is still newish to chabad
https://www.chabad.org/library/tanya/tanya_cdo/aid/7911/jewish/Chapter-32.htm

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Today at 12:42:56 AM »
https://www.chabad.org/library/tanya/tanya_cdo/aid/7911/jewish/Chapter-32.htm

You're just dodging the question. We've been through this, okay. I don't hate her, I understand she's a T"S and doesn't know better. This is about praising publicly her performance as standing as a proud Jew. Would you praise similarly in my above example as being a proud Lubavitcher?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Today at 12:46:19 AM »
You're just dodging the question. We've been through this, okay. I don't hate her, I understand she's a T"S and doesn't know better. This is about praising publicly her performance as standing as a proud Jew. Would you praise similarly in my above example as being a proud Lubavitcher?
Good grief. You continue to twist my words.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: Today at 12:47:35 AM »
Good grief. You continue to twist my words.

I'm not twisting anything, besides for pointing to Tanya 32 you didn't even say anything.
My point is that it's irrelevant what a misguided premise some T"S have set to themselves, if the action involved is contrary to every aspect of Jewishness, how can we, who do know what authentic Jewish values and pride is about, praise publicly such misguided activity as being proud Judaism. Hence my given example.     
« Last Edit: Today at 12:52:18 AM by EliJelly »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Today at 12:52:56 AM »
I'm not twisting anything, besides for pointing to Tanya 32 you didn't even say anything.
I specifically opened by saying that I don't condone her behavior for several reasons, including Shabbos.

I concluded by saying she stood as a proud Jew and referenced what Begin told Biden. That's not me passing judgement or praise, that's just literally the definition of how she stood on that stage in the face of death threats. I didn't say she's a role model for observant Jews.

Now additionally, for a T"S, what she did was just about the most you can hope for until they are brought into the fold of Torah uMitzvos. She even has Tefila in her lyrics, halevai that all Jews now daven because of her. But you don't even need to get into that for what I said.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:57:24 AM by Dan »

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Today at 02:11:12 AM »
For many, Jewish pride means much more than just Israeli patriotism. It means belief in God and appreciation of Jewish tradition. It also means yelling Shema Yisrael when in danger. I believe Eden falls into that boat and deserves credit for it.
Visibly Jewish

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #273 on: Today at 03:43:51 AM »
My point is that it's irrelevant what a misguided premise some T"S have set to themselves, if the action involved is contrary to every aspect of Jewishness, how can we, who do know what authentic Jewish values and pride is about, praise publicly such misguided activity as being proud Judaism. Hence my given example.   

In other words ס׳ווענדט זיך וואו מ׳רעדט (has to be said in a specific voice/tone/lisp to be appreciated IYKYK).

From HER point of view, and where SHE stands, it probably is Jewish pride (and WE can appreciate that). From OUR point of view, and where we stand, while we can appreciate her נסיונות, her pride and all in the context of תינוק שנשבה, we know that at the same time there are some extremely unacceptable aspects to the entire thing. Which is why it is valid to question whether this is worth mentioning on a website known to be run by observant Jews of a Lubavitch persuasion.

This brings to memory an episode that happened about 33 years ago. Participants in an Israeli beauty pageant were touring NY, and someone decided to bring them to get a dollar and a brocho from the Rebbe. When they came in front of the Rebbe and were presented as participants in the Israeli beauty Queen pageant, the Rebbe gave them dollars and told them שקר החן והבל היופי.

I wrote the above from memory, and then decided to search for it. This is what I found (notice how she says that she is representing Israel etc, which the Rebbe ignores, and uses the opportunity to educate her about what true Jewish beauty is):

You can also watch an interview with her (tznius warning): https://youtu.be/tygPHwr7qrE

After the above visit, there was a small write up in a major Israeli newspaper about the visit (IINM with a photo) printed in the back page of the front section. I recall a certain Israeli askan who felt that he needed to be the face of Lubavitch in EY, calling up in distress when that piece appeared. He was afraid to show his face in public. But if one actually pays attention to what occurred, the Rebbe ignored the "represention", the Rebbe didn't condone the pageant, he just wished her happiness and success and then told her about שקר היופי and אשה יראת ה היא תתהלל, and told her that יראת השם is the true beauty as it projects in תומ"צ.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:52:11 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan